Aune M2 32BIT/DSD Portable music Player
Oct 15, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #16 of 71

Will give it a serious listen on the weekend and post some impressions then. For now I've just had a few quick listens while wrapping up some other projects.

Understood:)

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 71
So, hakushondaimao,  what are the M2 SQ impressions? By the way, could you tell whether you have M2 standard edition or Pro edition?

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #18 of 71
  So, hakushondaimao,  what are the M2 SQ impressions? By the way, could you tell whether you have M2 standard edition or Pro edition?

Currently reviewing the Cayin N5 and have to get it shipped off tomorrow, so that took priority yesterday. Planning to pit it against the M2 today to see how things stack up. 

I have a beta model of the standard edition. When I got it I thought it had been released in China already, but it seems it hasn't. I understand the goal is to release fairly shortly, so I'm assuming the form factor and internals are pretty much the way they'll be on release.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 71

Currently reviewing the Cayin N5 and have to get it shipped off tomorrow, so that took priority yesterday. Planning to pit it against the M2 today to see how things stack up. 

I have a beta model of the standard edition. When I got it I thought it had been released in China already, but it seems it hasn't. I understand the goal is to release fairly shortly, so I'm assuming the form factor and internals are pretty much the way they'll be on release.

Thanks! Any impressions would be appreciated:)

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 71
  Thanks! Any impressions would be appreciated:)

Thanks for your patience... General impression only as I didn't have a lot of time for in-depth comparison, just a song or two. Differences were minimal, but evident through A/B switching back and forth with the Line5 box. Here are my notes:

Sade – Bullet Proof Soul (from Love Deluxe)
  1. N5 + TPEOS Altone 200: Sade’s vocal smoother, less forward. Bass softer-edged with longer decay, adding body and feeling of space. Longer decay in mids and highs adds ambience and contributes to warmer presentation.
  2. M2 + TPEOS Altone 200: Sade’s voice cleaner, more textured and detailed. Bass attack marginally quicker than N5, and sub-bass goes a touch deeper. Shorter decay in mids and highs helps give better definition to notes and instruments.
  3. Preference: Hard to say. Almost too close to call. Only notice differences with concentrated back-and-forth comparison.

​I like both players... nice to have options for "I'm in the mood for warm" or "I'm in the mood for dry" days. Not that we're talking super warm or super dry... just nuances.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #22 of 71

Thanks for your patience... General impression only as I didn't have a lot of time for in-depth comparison, just a song or two. Differences were minimal, but evident through A/B switching back and forth with the Line5 box. Here are my notes:

Sade – Bullet Proof Soul (from Love Deluxe)
  1. N5 + TPEOS Altone 200: Sade’s vocal smoother, less forward. Bass softer-edged with longer decay, adding body and feeling of space. Longer decay in mids and highs adds ambience and contributes to warmer presentation.
  2. M2 + TPEOS Altone 200: Sade’s voice cleaner, more textured and detailed. Bass attack marginally quicker than N5, and sub-bass goes a touch deeper. Shorter decay in mids and highs helps give better definition to notes and instruments.
  3. Preference: Hard to say. Almost too close to call. Only notice differences with concentrated back-and-forth comparison.

​I like both players... nice to have options for "I'm in the mood for warm" or "I'm in the mood for dry" days. Not that we're talking super warm or super dry... just nuances.

Thanks for the info:) Should we expect any impressions on M2 with other IEMs or full-sized headphones?

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #23 of 71
Or any more impressions at all?:)

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #25 of 71
i chatted with @hakushondaimao recently. He's very busy on a business trip right now, so be patient
wink.gif

I was suspecting something like that:)
nmatheis, thank you for notifying. I guess, I assumed the role of vox populi in some respects, at least for two days, in this thread (no one seems to care as they are toying with other hi-end fancy staff like QP1R or L5Pro:) Will be silently waiting for hakushondaimao's glorious return...

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #27 of 71
  Will this support DoP?

Looks nice!

By DoP you mean DSD over PCM for digital input or digital output?
Anyway, neither digital input (for USB DAC mode) nor digital output was announced/promised for this DAP. But the specifications mention mini HDMI port (in the upper right corner of the DAP) with some vague reference to dock station. So, there is a possibility of seeing a digital out or a digital in on Aune M2/M2 Pro implemented via dock station in the future. But there is no officially confirmed info regarding this subject 

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #28 of 71
I am hoping to feed my DAC with it when I am not using it on the go and hoping it includes DSD over PCM.

It still looks really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back