Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Sep 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,823 of 1,991
Yep. I'm giving up. Waiting for sony nw-zx300 and will upgrade this holiday season, hopefully.

M1s will be my 1st and last dap from aune. Not gonna keep this in the future

Good choice you made there, not to discourage anyone but this is what a china company does to us..... well I might get a LG V30 soon and make that my end game audio player.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,824 of 1,991
I have the aune m1s from 23 days. At the beginning I noticed sometimes a tickling noise inside as if something were moving inside , but only sometimes...that is a little strange.
I exclude could be the keys or the control wheel as I hold them firm with fingers.
The thing I do not understand is why the problem appears and disappears. Seems As sometimes the piece moves inside,, and sometimes remain trapped somewhere.. I prefer not to open it up, even though probably it would simple to solve the problem, in order not to invalid the guarantee. On the other side I'm not so sure that the opening is so simple. what should I do? Would you open it? Or Ibetter wait and see the events and I'll send it to repair facility only if the problem worsen or some issue appears. The repair facility is in Holland, and the expedition is around 35€.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #1,825 of 1,991
Not a big deal, there is probably an extra screw wandering in your DAP, I would personally open it (screws torx T1) and be done with it. If there is no proof that your dap was opened, the warranty will remain afaik. on the french forum, someone has similar issue and fixed that way :).

EDIT: He mentioned the screw were rather fragile so use caution

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,826 of 1,991
I have the aune m1s from 23 days. At the beginning I noticed sometimes a tickling noise inside as if something were moving inside , but only sometimes...that is a little strange.
I exclude could be the keys or the control wheel as I hold them firm with fingers.
The thing I do not understand is why the problem appears and disappears. Seems As sometimes the piece moves inside,, and sometimes remain trapped somewhere.. I prefer not to open it up, even though probably it would simple to solve the problem, in order not to invalid the guarantee. On the other side I'm not so sure that the opening is so simple. what should I do? Would you open it? Or Ibetter wait and see the events and I'll send it to repair facility only if the problem worsen or some issue appears. The repair facility is in Holland, and the expedition is around 35€.

I had the same problem (although the movement was continuous). And yes, it was one of the 4 screws fixing the board to the chassis that had been unscrewed.
Very simple to fix, but you need the right tools for opening. That is, a Phillips 1.2mm (not Torx!) screwdriver and a clamp.

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #1,827 of 1,991
I had the same problem (although the movement was continuous). And yes, it was one of the 4 screws fixing the board to the chassis that had been unscrewed.
Very simple to fix, but you need the right tools for opening. That is, a Phillips 1.2mm (not Torx!) screwdriver and a clamp.
Perhaps he need both? Torx to open the bottom outside, phillips for inside PCB

Sep 18, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,829 of 1,991
Although it may be disappointing that Aune doesn't support this player any more i must say that based on sq alone it's really outstanding. Lately I've been pairing it with the LZ Big Dipper and the result is nothing but amazing.

If sq is a top priority I'd still recommend it. If your alternative is using a phone I don't think this device is for you anyway.

Sep 18, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #1,830 of 1,991
Although it may be disappointing that Aune doesn't support this player any more i must say that based on sq alone it's really outstanding. Lately I've been pairing it with the LZ Big Dipper and the result is nothing but amazing.

If sq is a top priority I'd still recommend it. If your alternative is using a phone I don't think this device is for you anyway.
it's not any phone, check the specs, and the thread... also @magisterarus my screws outside are star shaped (same as iPhone 4) so idk, maybe we have different units... anyway, its silly to argue about this, i believe @Xurxes Xinen gonna see for himself what he needs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back