Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Sep 8, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #1,801 of 1,991
Hi everyone,

I just bought the m1s and i find it amazing. The volume however is a bit low for me tha i have to dial it way up to 95-100. I tried using it with the a3 and cmoybb v2.03. The separation however suffers, as well as the overall clarity.

If i may humbly ask, is there an amp where the overall sound signature is not detrimentally affected?

Thank you.

This is a little troubling. How loud do you listen on your other DAP or phone when listening to music?

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #1,802 of 1,991
Eh...you should extract the rar file using winrar. Inside it is a file named "auneM1s_1.06_more aggressive volume curve.rar", extract that too to get the "update.dat" file, you should copy this file directly into your sd's card. (Not inside any folder).
Then turn on the M1s, go to setting, choose System Upgrade (near the bottom of the list).
Hope that's help.

Dumb me, hehehe.

I'll try this. Thanks again kissmevn!

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #1,803 of 1,991
This is a little troubling. How loud do you listen on your other DAP or phone when listening to music?

I had the fiio x1 1st gen mated to a cmoybb v20.3. I turn the volume about 1/3 of the way to max. I used an a3 before and the volume is about 7-9.

I use m50x and 7506. Iems e10s.

Never thought this was a problem until now, hehehe.

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #1,804 of 1,991
I had the fiio x1 1st gen mated to a cmoybb v20.3. I turn the volume about 1/3 of the way to max. I used an a3 before and the volume is about 7-9.

I use m50x and 7506. Iems e10s.

Never thought this was a problem until now, hehehe.

Thanks!

Either your unit is defective, you are using low gain settings or you like to listen at unhealthy level?

I drive full size headphones less sensitive than yours with satisfactory level and lot of room for more...

Sep 8, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #1,805 of 1,991
Either your unit is defective, you are using low gain settings or you like to listen at unhealthy level?

I drive full size headphones less sensitive than yours with satisfactory level and lot of room for more...

Hey, i got it! Used the more aggressive curve and followed @kissmevn's instructions. It appears that I was doing it all wrong. The volume really went up.

85 on high gain is already too loud for me.

Thank you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back