Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 13, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #1,051 of 1,991
Thanks to AuneAudio for this wondeful DAP and the latest beta firmware! This is a huge leap of improvement and is near perfection! The audible 'cut-off' at the end of some songs still there and hoping this will be straightened out once the final firmware release is available! More power to Aune!

Wait what cut off? Describe it please, also can you share the file?

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #1,052 of 1,991
I am happy to see Aune Audio taking time to listen to customers and working hard to resolve issues that have popped up. No point in a product being good in practice without solid backing from the company. Kudos to you and your colleagues for resolving the issue. I was already enjoying the M1S on the shipped FW because I haven't been on here awhile but I can't wait to load up the new FW and give it a whirl!

Cheers :)

Yes, please try it, Tamal. I think the latest FW has better single-ended sound and solved the make playback issue I had with it, which was the split-second cutoff that was really annoying with certain songs and not at all noticed with others.

Thanks to AuneAudio for this wondeful DAP and the latest beta firmware! This is a huge leap of improvement and is near perfection! The audible 'cut-off' at the end of some songs still there and hoping this will be straightened out once the final firmware release is available! More power to Aune!

I haven't experienced that, either. I'd be nice to have more details...

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,053 of 1,991
Ohh the ending cut off sound.......well I did have this issue when I was listening to a DSD128 song on High Gain and 90/100 volume with Slow Filter, a loud pop sound was heard when the track ends......but this issue was not found when I am playing others songs on Low or High Gain with the same volume.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,057 of 1,991
I agree with nmatheis, my feeling is also that the single ended output is better (cleaner/clearer) after upgrading to the latest fw. Of course this is extremely difficult to be certain about but it's my impression that this is true.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,058 of 1,991

I haven't heard it yet on the new firmware, and it's hard to hear.  It's like a "fuzz out" at the very end of a song.  It doesn't happen very often or it's not that noticeable because most songs fade out by then (I suppose).  It's just like the cut off at the beginning, but at the end. I'll try to check and see also if I can find a track that shows this.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,059 of 1,991
I also have cut at the end of tunes. it's especially noticeable when they end abruptly. you hear a dirty cut.

/no lyrics function obviously

//about 1/10 of cue files work properly for me, other one has strange bugs or won't open at all.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #1,062 of 1,991
I agree with nmatheis, my feeling is also that the single ended output is better (cleaner/clearer) after upgrading to the latest fw. Of course this is extremely difficult to be certain about but it's my impression that this is true.

Thanks for chiming in, Peter. It's always hard to confirm because we usually only have one DAP so we can't do any kind of side by side comparison. Group consensus is probably the best we can do.

In any case, I'm glad Aune is working so hard to make the M1s better!

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #1,063 of 1,991
Thanks for chiming in, Peter. It's always hard to confirm because we usually only have one DAP so we can't do any kind of side by side comparison. Group consensus is probably the best we can do.

In any case, I'm glad Aune is working so hard to make the M1s better!

Yes indeed, nice to see a company work to satisfy their customers. Unfortunately this is not always the case.

AuneAudio keep up the good work :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,064 of 1,991
I also have cut at the end of tunes. it's especially noticeable when they end abruptly. you hear a dirty cut.

/no lyrics function obviously

//about 1/10 of cue files work properly for me, other one has strange bugs or won't open at all.

Thank you for elaborating what I have experienced. Although I have no issues with opening .cue files generated from EAC CD rips aside from a 'on screen display bug' wherein the next song already plays, but the screen still counts on the previous song

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #1,065 of 1,991
Hi! maybe someone can help me, i have problem with the sd card 128 gb , sometimes the The songs sound stuttering , the sd card is in exFAT format.
thanks in advance!

Format your tf card to Fat32 with 64kb allocation size. I experienced stuttering on some songs before, but after this advice from a friend who is also an m1s user, I didn't experienced stuttering now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back