Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 12, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #1,036 of 1,991
sorry if stupid questions:
Does the balanced and single ended output need to burn in on their own?
I noticed you can use both at the same time, does it affect the player in any way?
thanks

I never tried using both output at the same time, does it really work?

Will there be any problem? Interesting if it does, I can share music with my kid :)

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,040 of 1,991
  What amps would you recommend that can perform this function?
normal_smile%20.gif

What balanced in and out amp?
I have the Fireye HDB.  It's very nice and not that expensive.  It's adds transparency, separation and bass impact to the sound.  I think it improves the M1s and makes it sound better especially in the the bass section.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/firestone-fireye-hdb
http://www.head-fi.org/t/718790/review-firestone-audio-fireye-hdb-new-balance

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,041 of 1,991
Hi all,

I'm part of the UK review tour for the Aune M1S.
I just received the unit, which has been used by several people before me.

Should I be ok to just stick my micro-SD card in and play?
Or anything I should be aware of first?
I've been using my micro-SD card already in a xDuoo X3 (Rockboxed), it's mostly FLAC, about 10% of them 24/** (varies); a few MP3's too.

Also, how can I quickly check what firmware version I'm on? I understand a new one was released yesterday(?), so just want to ensure I'm on the latest version in order to do full justice to the player in my review!

Many thanks!
regular_smile .gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,042 of 1,991
  Hi all,

I'm part of the UK review tour for the Aune M1S.
I just received the unit, which has been used by several people before me.

Should I be ok to just stick my micro-SD card in and play?
Or anything I should be aware of first?
I've been using my micro-SD card already in a xDuoo X3 (Rockboxed), it's mostly FLAC, about 10% of them 24/** (varies); a few MP3's too.

Also, how can I quickly check what firmware version I'm on? I understand a new one was released yesterday(?), so just want to ensure I'm on the latest version in order to do full justice to the player in my review!

Many thanks!
regular_smile .gif

Only thing to do is check the gain setting and make sure Line out isn't switched on. Other than that your'e good to go. I updated to the new version of the FW last night and it still says version 1.03. But I know it updated because the split second cut off seems to be fixed. So if there is not a split second cut off after you update to the latest test firmware posted a few days back, you know you're on the latest version. Having said that in settings you can (usually) check which firmware you're on.

Oh and thanks to Aune for fixing the cut off. I am a very happy camper now.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,043 of 1,991
  Only thing to do is check the gain setting and make sure Line out isn't switched on. Other than that your'e good to go. I updated to the new version of the FW last night and it still says version 1.03. But I know it updated because the split second cut off seems to be fixed. So if there is not a split second cut off after you update to the latest test firmware posted a few days back, you know you're on the latest version.

I used the search function on the thread and found some answers (isn't it annoying when people don't bother to do that? But I'm sometimes feeling lazy too lol).

I tried to update the firmware. It flashed up a message a bit quick for me to notice, something like "jump error", then it carried on updating.
But afterwards, it still said version 1.031.
And, as if that wasn't bad enough, I'm experiencing the cutting off of the start of some tracks.. sigh..

Not sure where to go from here; any suggestions welcome, and I'm happy to answer questions about the issue.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,044 of 1,991

I used the search function on the thread and found some answers (isn't it annoying when people don't bother to do that? But I'm sometimes feeling lazy too lol).

I tried to update the firmware. It flashed up a message a bit quick for me to notice, something like "jump error", then it carried on updating.
But afterwards, it still said version 1.031.
And, as if that wasn't bad enough, I'm experiencing the cutting off of the start of some tracks.. sigh..

Not sure where to go from here; any suggestions welcome, and I'm happy to answer questions about the issue.

First thing I'd try is get that firmware off the sd card and replace it with the second newest, then try update to the test FW from there. That worked for me. Mine got some little error msg even when it was successful.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #1,045 of 1,991
  First thing I'd try is get that firmware off the sd card and replace it with the second newest, then try update to the test FW from there. That worked for me. Mine got some little error msg even when it was successful.

Brilliant!
Er, and where might I find the second newest FW?
redface.gif

Please don't make me use the search function again; surely once a day is enough?
etysmile.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #1,046 of 1,991
Wait.. i went from this one to the newest

http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/gjxzhz.html

click the M1s on the left for the firmware 1.03

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,048 of 1,991
  Thanks! We'll do better!
beyersmile.png

I am happy to see Aune Audio taking time to listen to customers and working hard to resolve issues that have popped up. No point in a product being good in practice without solid backing from the company. Kudos to you and your colleagues for resolving the issue. I was already enjoying the M1S on the shipped FW because I haven't been on here awhile but I can't wait to load up the new FW and give it a whirl!

Cheers :)

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #1,049 of 1,991
Apr 13, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #1,050 of 1,991
Thanks to AuneAudio for this wondeful DAP and the latest beta firmware! This is a huge leap of improvement and is near perfection! The audible 'cut-off' at the end of some songs still there and hoping this will be straightened out once the final firmware release is available! More power to Aune!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back