Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Mar 1, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #827 of 1,991
  Has anyone or can anyone compare the sound of the m1s to XDuoo X10? Would be appreciated!

I have both in-hand at the moment. The differences between the 3.5mm outputs aren't huge, but the M1S is noticeably more neutral and technical, whereas the X10 has a warmer, less revealing, sound sig. Physically speaking, I like the X10 better, between the clicky wheel and the button layout, not to mention dual SDHC/XC slots to the M1S' single slot. The X10 is a very nice player, but if one has balanced headphones, the M1S really gets a chance to flex it muscle through the superlative 2.5mm balanced output.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #828 of 1,991

I have both in-hand at the moment. The differences between the 3.5mm outputs aren't huge, but the M1S is noticeably more neutral and technical, whereas the X10 has a warmer, less revealing, sound sig. Physically speaking, I like the X10 better, between the clicky wheel and the button layout, not to mention dual SDHC/XC slots to the M1S' single slot. The X10 is a very nice player, but if one has balanced headphones, the M1S really gets a chance to flex it muscle through the superlative 2.5mm balanced output.

I agree.  I can't easily let go of my X10 because of the advantages that you pointed out over the M1s.  For the sound, I also favor the M1s.  But for aesthetics, dual SD slots, UI, I favor the X10.  But in my experience about the usage/operation, the M1s is less buggy than the X10.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #829 of 1,991
My only gripe with the M1S is that after hearing the balanced out, I'm thinking less about an "upgrade" for my next IEMs, but instead skipping right to TOTL. Though I am still very, very curious about the GR09. But I'm getting off-topic. Point is, what I'm hearing currently is a whole other -Fi level than I'd heard previously, and was genuinely startling the first time I plugged the 2.5mm in.

Not to wax too poetic. The X10 is really excellent though, and a huge upgrade over the X3, which is itself a great budget player, and boy, would I kill for the dual card slots.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #830 of 1,991
Hello,

Does it have true line out ?
Means during line out, it will by pass the opamps ?

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #835 of 1,991
This may have been covered farther back but can someone provide their experience with the touch wheel?  I recently sent a Fiio X1 (2nd gen) back because the touch wheel felt like it was designed for teenage Japanese girls. It was impossible for me to navigate the menus unless I sat down, breathed slowly and was very very careful.  Otherwise it just flew all over the screen. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #836 of 1,991
This may have been covered farther back but can someone provide their experience with the touch wheel?  I recently sent a Fiio X1 (2nd gen) back because the touch wheel felt like it was designed for teenage Japanese girls. It was impossible for me to navigate the menus unless I sat down, breathed slowly and was very very careful.  Otherwise it just flew all over the screen. 
Very simple navigation. More of a D-pad than a scrolling wheel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back