Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Feb 26, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #811 of 1,991
  Back panel on my unit does same thing. It doesn't really move, but device simply doesn't feel as one rigid piece. Mine makes ugly cheap metal sounds whenever I put it on table or when I try to knock on body.

You're hearing the metal buttons on the device.  Using the silicone case alleviates this.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #814 of 1,991
Fry's has the Pono player for sale every so often in the $250 range. Pono has balanced out (via 2 3.5mm jacks like a Sony PHA, which is sort of a pain because most cables are 2.5mm), but it sounds amazing in comparison especially in balanced mode. My honest opinion. M1 can do some ISO natively and that is about the only feature that trumps the Pono and also build quality as t the Pono is basically plastic. If Pono were to release a more "substantial" player, I think it would be a hit as it should have been. That Ayre sound is truly great.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #820 of 1,991
idem for my unit
the back panel had little movement ( and impossible to screw mini tork more)

the button are not premium quality for the control panel ( sometime they arn t no efficient and must be used very precisely to  a normal function

VERY BAD POINTS FOR THE FINITION

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #822 of 1,991
I've not personnaly try it but one of my french contact do

In French => "Bonsoir,étant un des premiers à avoir eu l'engin dans les mains et avoir pu l'écouter tranquillement,je me devais de faire un retour:quelle déception,pourtant je n'aime pas les rabats-joie et autre râleur professionnel(sport très pratiqué par nos contemporains/contentspourrien si vous me permettez),mais là trop difficile de faire semblant:un son tout juste comparable à celui d'un vulgaire walkman CD(et encore il y en a qui étaient très bons),je m'attendais à un son chaud et ample d'après les premiers échos(comme quoi..tout ça c'est un peu des légendes urbaines)..rien mon vieux ibasso DZero mk2(dual Wolfson WM8740 est plus chaud et aussi ample),ce qui manquait à mon ibasso(manque de raffinement dans les aigus)je ne l'ai pas trouvé ici,mauvaise pioche,ni dans les DAC à base de Sabre 9023/9018 d'ailleurs,par contre je l'ai trouvée dans le Chord Mojo,mais lui avait moins de présence dans les médiums que mon ibasso.
Pour l'ergonomie,tout a déjà été dit (définition de l'écran d'un autre age,navigation peu agréable-il faut rentrer dans les dossiers de la carte sd pour lire ses fichiers..dans l'ordre!Sinon dans le dossier "Musique" du menu principal ils sont tout mélangés.Ah,oui,petit détail très énervant dont personne ne parle(sauf erreur)sur ces pages:il y a un "mute" ,un trou, d'une demi seconde au début de chaque morceau.Donc vous l'aurez compris,la perle rare n'existe pas encore dans cette gamme de prix."

Google translate => "Good evening, being one of the first to have had the craft in my hands and have been able to listen to him quietly, I had to make a comeback: what a disappointment, yet I do not like the flatterers and other professional (sports Very much practiced by our contemporaries / contentpourrien if you allow me), but here too difficult to pretend: a sound just comparable to that of a vulgar walkman CD (and still there are some that were very good) (The duo Wolfson WM8740 is hotter and more ample), this is the first time I've ever seen the DZero mk2 (dual Wolfson WM8740). Which was lacking in my ibasso (lack of refinement in the treble) I did not find it here, bad pick, nor in the DAC based Saber 9023/9018 besides, by cons I found it in Chord Mojo, but he had less presence in the mediums than my ibasso.
For the ergonomics, everything has already been said (definition of the screen of another age, navigation not pleasant-it is necessary to enter the files of the card sd to read its files ... in order! "Music" folder of the main menu they are all mixed. Ah, yes, very annoying little detail of which no one speaks (except error) on these pages: there is a "mute", a hole, half a second at the beginning Of each piece. So you will have understood, the rare pearl does not exist yet in this price range."

More or less : it's not as good as he hopes, even really worse than he thinks.

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #823 of 1,991
  I've not personnaly try it but one of my french contact do

In French => "Bonsoir,étant un des premiers à avoir eu l'engin dans les mains et avoir pu l'écouter tranquillement,je me devais de faire un retour:quelle déception,pourtant je n'aime pas les rabats-joie et autre râleur professionnel(sport très pratiqué par nos contemporains/contentspourrien si vous me permettez),mais là trop difficile de faire semblant:un son tout juste comparable à celui d'un vulgaire walkman CD(et encore il y en a qui étaient très bons),je m'attendais à un son chaud et ample d'après les premiers échos(comme quoi..tout ça c'est un peu des légendes urbaines)..rien mon vieux ibasso DZero mk2(dual Wolfson WM8740 est plus chaud et aussi ample),ce qui manquait à mon ibasso(manque de raffinement dans les aigus)je ne l'ai pas trouvé ici,mauvaise pioche,ni dans les DAC à base de Sabre 9023/9018 d'ailleurs,par contre je l'ai trouvée dans le Chord Mojo,mais lui avait moins de présence dans les médiums que mon ibasso.
Pour l'ergonomie,tout a déjà été dit (définition de l'écran d'un autre age,navigation peu agréable-il faut rentrer dans les dossiers de la carte sd pour lire ses fichiers..dans l'ordre!Sinon dans le dossier "Musique" du menu principal ils sont tout mélangés.Ah,oui,petit détail très énervant dont personne ne parle(sauf erreur)sur ces pages:il y a un "mute" ,un trou, d'une demi seconde au début de chaque morceau.Donc vous l'aurez compris,la perle rare n'existe pas encore dans cette gamme de prix."

Google translate => "Good evening, being one of the first to have had the craft in my hands and have been able to listen to him quietly, I had to make a comeback: what a disappointment, yet I do not like the flatterers and other professional (sports Very much practiced by our contemporaries / contentpourrien if you allow me), but here too difficult to pretend: a sound just comparable to that of a vulgar walkman CD (and still there are some that were very good) (The duo Wolfson WM8740 is hotter and more ample), this is the first time I've ever seen the DZero mk2 (dual Wolfson WM8740). Which was lacking in my ibasso (lack of refinement in the treble) I did not find it here, bad pick, nor in the DAC based Saber 9023/9018 besides, by cons I found it in Chord Mojo, but he had less presence in the mediums than my ibasso.
For the ergonomics, everything has already been said (definition of the screen of another age, navigation not pleasant-it is necessary to enter the files of the card sd to read its files ... in order! "Music" folder of the main menu they are all mixed. Ah, yes, very annoying little detail of which no one speaks (except error) on these pages: there is a "mute", a hole, half a second at the beginning Of each piece. So you will have understood, the rare pearl does not exist yet in this price range."

More or less : it's not as good as he hopes, even really worse than he thinks.

Thanks for that. I didn't know the m1s doesn't sort by filename automatically. I assume that's what it says? If that's the case...wow that's primitive.There's always "DriveSort" for that but it should not be necessary at this level.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #825 of 1,991
  Thanks for that. I didn't know the m1s doesn't sort by filename automatically. I assume that's what it says? If that's the case...wow that's primitive.There's always "DriveSort" for that but it should not be necessary at this level.

No he says that about the X10 XDuoo, all he says is about x10 ...it's this one thats isn't ass good he hopes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back