Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Dec 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #153 of 1,991
An offer?

Just a slightly less expensive price than SRP.  I've been in constant communication with some of their people and I suggested they check out the M1s.  Info about the DAP was still vague that time.  Just last week they got news from Aune and now started to take pre-orders.

I'm still thinking.  So many new DAPs coming.  Maybe it's time to quit.  Hahaha!

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #156 of 1,991
Shootout between this and xduoo X10 required:D

I'm sure RedJohn456 will do that in due time. Just be patient...

30938524.jpg

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #157 of 1,991

I think you have indicated before this is your first DAP?  As you aware, Line Out (LO) is the output of the DAC where internal headphone amp is bypassed so you can feed it into external amp.  I have tested and reviewed a few dozen of DAPs, and it's typical to have only 3.5mm LO or in a some cases a shared 3.5mm HO/LO.  As Vince indicated above, it's misleading especially when only 3.5mm port is labeled as having a shared HO and LO output.  2.5mm TRRS is a very atypical port for LO, never ever seen it before, and I'm not even aware of any portable amps that take a balanced Line In input.  Do you?

This portable amp takes a balanced line in input.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/718790/review-firestone-audio-fireye-hdb-new-balance

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #162 of 1,991
Shenzhang audio and Penon etc can get Taobao items and forward them to you.
Or you can use a forwarding service like mistertao or Bhiner

Penon already has it listed on pre-sale.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #164 of 1,991
Shenzhang audio and Penon etc can get Taobao items and forward them to you.
Or you can use a forwarding service like mistertao or Bhiner

I would end up saving a lot. At the same time. I should probably buy it from Penon Audio. The Express Shipping Service is cheaper.

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #165 of 1,991
I found the listings at both Penon Audio and Shenzhenaudio. Both show the MSRP of $249 US. Other than using Taobao for less $$$ and perhaps having no US warranty (?) where is the cost savings others may be finding from Penon or Shezhen Audio? Is it the 'free' shipping savings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back