Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Dec 10, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #92 of 1,991
kydu: Please don't conflate Chord's two 3.5mm headphone jacks with M1s's completely separate 3.5mm shared HO/LOL and 2.5mm balanced out.

Hopefully Aune is watching the thread and will respond with fw updates that help resolve some of these issues...

If it's designed/ hardwired that way, a firmware update won't be able to change the output design. I don't see how it's an issue is all, unless it results in draining the battery unnecessarily, running both outputs simultaneously while the M1s is in line out mode.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #93 of 1,991
If it's designed/ hardwired that way, a firmware update won't be able to change the output design. I don't see how it's an issue is all, unless it results in draining the battery unnecessarily, running both outputs simultaneously while the M1s is in line out mode.

Difference of opinion, and we'll have to wait and see if this is something that can be solved or if it'll be a persistent issue...

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #95 of 1,991
@kydu: Please don't conflate Chord's two 3.5mm headphone jacks with M1s's completely separate 3.5mm shared HO/LOL and 2.5mm balanced out.

Hopefully Aune is watching the thread and will respond with fw updates that help resolve some of these issues...

Trust me , they are~

was just talking with their Boss Mr Qian, he is like "holly ****~it is 7 pages already lol"

and they are trying to do certain adjustment with our feedback , which means the official international launch of m1s is very likely going to be postponed....lol

Cheers

Lee

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #96 of 1,991
Trust me , they are~

was just talking with their Boss Mr Qian, he is like "holly ****~it is 7 pages already lol"

and they are trying to do certain adjustment with our feedback , which means the official international launch of m1s is very likely going to be postponed....lol

Cheers

Lee

Right on, Lee. Glad you're helping out with this one!

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #97 of 1,991

You can't be serious...

You really can't see how this may be an issue? At the very least its a health hazard, as in permanent hearing damage LOL

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #98 of 1,991

@kydu: Please don't conflate Chord's two 3.5mm headphone jacks with M1s's completely separate 3.5mm shared HO/LOL and 2.5mm balanced out.

You can't be serious...

You really can't see how this may be an issue? At the very least its a health hazard, as in permanent hearing damage LOL

I think everybody in this topic is right in their own way cuz each have different different experiences with what they were using before,

but it is really not a bad thing to put a sticker next to the port for a warning~after all we have only one pair of ear drums lol.

the good news is that, Mr Qian agrees with us, and will get the sticker thing made in both English and Chinese.

As for the volume boost thing, a real BL port should have double voltage swing (which means more volume)

the standard voltage swing for SE is 2V and for BL it is 4V, and unlike some designs, the Lineout mode was set from the source level (not in the ampping part).

Which is better for the final sound, and without a internal switch(which takes too much space) , we cant expect them to just shut the 2.5mm off when in lo mode.

So a sticker is very much needed, thx for the input guys @Hisoundfi @twister6 @nmatheis @RedJohn456 @kydu and everybody else who have pitched in for this topic.

Cheers

Lee

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #100 of 1,991
You can't be serious...

Looks like it will be fixed with a label, my point was I didn't see it possible without a switch.

Would be good if there is more than just a label/sticker. Other manufacturers do the same with on screen warning when they have a shared port between HO and LO. And after disconnecting the port, under assumption that you remove a cable going to external amp, line out should be automatically reset back to HO. This is just a common practice.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #101 of 1,991
Would be good if there is more than just a label/sticker. Other manufacturers do the same with on screen warning when they have a shared port between HO and LO. And after disconnecting the port, under assumption that you remove a cable going to external amp, line out should be automatically reset back to HO. This is just a common practice.

Good to know thanks

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #102 of 1,991
Just lurking in this thread abut here's an idea I've seen on ZeosReviews YT channel (some DAC/AMP does it... Oppo was it?): when you switch settings, start with low volume and gradually increase over a period of few seconds. This gives you a chance to scream "oh hell no" and unplug the cable.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #103 of 1,991

Yup.

Totally off topic, but I remember when FiiO X5ii came out. They switched placement of HO and LO jacks for some reason. Coming from the original X5, I had a couple ear blowing moments when I unplugged from HO on X5, accidentally plugged into LO on the X5ii, and pushed play. Yikes!

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #104 of 1,991
Totally missed out on this thread until today. And here I was camping out at the other Aune thread!

Glad to see that it's on track to being released. Initial impressions seem extremely positive. Price is still within the acceptable range to me, especially if it really does sound as good as everyone says it does.

I might be looking to buy from Taobao, although I'm also pretty sure I will get a chance to demo the unit at a local store; they stock some of aune's products.

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #105 of 1,991
Anyone notice the slight bug when using any of the buttons while playing dsd128 files? There is a slight noise when I press volume or front panel controls. This does not happen with dsd64 files for the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back