Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 7, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #961 of 1,991
I will like to ask about a problem which is that every time when I tried to playback DSD128 file on my Aune M1s with a SanDisk 32GB Ultra, it has pop sound. I am currently using the latest firmware of V1.04. Also I noticed that when I tried to playback a 32bit, 48khz .wav file, it made extremely loud hiss noise throughout the whole track, is there any way to fix my problem?

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #963 of 1,991
They took a slice off the split second cut off, but it's still there. What is the new volume curve?

The new volume curve reached the same overall maximum volume but is more aggressive earlier in the curve, so it seems louder because you don't have to turn the volume up as high to reach the same volume.

I prefer the original volume curve, as it gives me more ability to fine tune sensitive IEM.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #964 of 1,991
Let us know if it addresses the split-second cutoff issue for you, my man.

Hey Nik!  The latest firmware significantly improved the sound cutoff.  It's still there but barely noticeable anymore compared to earlier versions of the firmware.  How's your experience?

By the way, I just happened to encounter an issue about an SDXC card that couldn't be read by the M1S.  It's FAT32 formatted and being read successfully by my other DAPs.  Anyone had this issue before?  The card is a SanDisk Ultra 128gb.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #965 of 1,991
Hey Nik!  The latest firmware significantly improved the sound cutoff.  It's still there but barely noticeable anymore compared to earlier versions of the firmware.  How's your experience?

By the way, I just happened to encounter an issue about an SDXC card that couldn't be read by the M1S.  It's FAT32 formatted and being read successfully by my other DAPs.  Anyone had this issue before?  The card is a SanDisk Ultra 128gb.

While I agree that is being better, I can still hear it with my test track. I'm going to send you a link to it so you can check it out and let me know if you agree about the cutoff being pretty clear with this track.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #966 of 1,991
While I agree that is being better, I can still hear it with my test track. I'm going to send you a link to it so you can check it out and let me know if you agree about the cutoff being pretty clear with this track.

Confirmed bro.  The first snare hit in the beginning couldn't be heard from the M1S and audibly clear from the Opus#1.  Only way I heard it was by fast rewinding up to the beginning.  Couldn't hear by next/back functions and direct selection of track.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #967 of 1,991

Confirmed bro.  The first snare hit in the beginning couldn't be heard from the M1S and audibly clear from the Opus#1.  Only way I heard it was by fast rewinding up to the beginning.  Couldn't hear by next/back functions and direct selection of track.

Agreed, this happened to my unit too I taught that mine is a defect. Every time when I tried to play back "Fly Me To The Moon" the very first second of the violin sound is absent.......

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #968 of 1,991

Thanks for confirming, my friend. BTW guys, the track I use the testing this is Tom Sawyer by Rush. I've shared it with the team at Aune so they can test with it if they want.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #972 of 1,991
I did tried DSD128 and there is still popping sound from time to time......no so sure whether is it mine sd card problem.

My first thought is your sd card.

However, in the past when I experienced this on different fw removing the sd card and putting back in would fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back