Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 5, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #932 of 1,991
The cue/gapless issue is still there for me. Listening now for the cut off at beginning and end of tracks. Still very harsh pause between tracks. I hope I don't have to recreate cue files... That's a lot of work.

Yeah. That sounds like your cue file has a problem. I have gapless playback on mine.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #935 of 1,991

Yeah, it's still there for me too.  I think that it's troubling that Aune can't get this fixed.  I certainly don't want a player where this is a "thing".  Useless to me until this problem is fixed.

I'm guessing that it's not that easy to fix. I'm sure they're aware about this problem as it was already raised a lot of times to their rep.  But I agree that this matter needs to be fixed before people get tired of waiting and just decide to choose some other alternative DAPs.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #936 of 1,991

I'm guessing that it's not that easy to fix. I'm sure they're aware about this problem as it was already raised a lot of times to their rep.  But I agree that this matter needs to be fixed before people get tired of waiting and just decide to choose some other alternative DAPs.

You are probably right about the problem being not easy to fix.  Aune uses their own system for playback (as I read in their description)  But, it's a headshaker that a company would release to the public a player that can't play songs correctly.  I just don't get that...at all.  At all.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #938 of 1,991
I second what's stated above... A dedicated music player that can't play a song properly. Blah...
I wonder if it's to do with selling their other daps in the line up.
Holding back a horse so another could win the race wouldn't be a first.
(Cue the X-Files music)

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #939 of 1,991
Whoa whoa whoa. I would trade a split second cut off to enjoy better sounds quality than any of the competition at this point. Let's talk about issues, xduoo, lol, they have issues. The cut off is going to be fixed but it is a rework which will take time. I think we are loosing sight of what's important. Aune has been steadily releasing updates and they are addressing everything brought up. Btw I'm on version 1.052....

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #941 of 1,991
Whoa whoa whoa. I would trade a split second cut off to enjoy better sounds quality than any of the competition at this point. Let's talk about issues, xduoo, lol, they have issues. The cut off is going to be fixed but it is a rework which will take time. I think we are loosing sight of what's important. Aune has been steadily releasing updates and they are addressing everything brought up. Btw I'm on version 1.052....

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #942 of 1,991

I'm on 1.052, as well. They're definitely still trying to fix all the issues. Not quite there yet, but they're definitely trying...

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #943 of 1,991
This is a great sounding player, a couple of things to complain about and a great sound to love to death. I hope that they can figure out those few issues as I am not in the monetary place to just buy another!! I have faith the clipping can get worked out, now I just need to figure out how to get the cue file issue sorted.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #945 of 1,991
But why fix other issues when the player can't play a song from start to finish? @Aune Audio. That's what it's supposed to do.
Pretty much tears it completely for me. Whenever I listen to an album I get inside then am shocked out of it because of a gap in play and a cut off.
I know they're "Working on it"  but I've been waiting months now and if they were going to fix it they would have already if they could.
I'm not trying to attack anyone, I really like this player but I am at the end of the tether. I am just being a realist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back