Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 8, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #977 of 1,991
Yes it is Class 10. Also I noticed that when I playback a 32-bit 48kHz song, there is loud distorted noise throughout the whole track. Track that I listened to is "Tasky" by Ayumi.
Any chance it is a fake microSD card? If it is those are the kinds of probs you'll get from garbage read speeds.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #978 of 1,991
I'm enjoying the M1s so far, but for whatever reason, I can't install the 1.053 firmware update. I put update.dat into the card's root directory, then try updating the system. However, it always fails with "tf mount error".

Here is what I've tried:
- Resetting to factory default settings
- Using both the new and original volume curve update.dat files
- Renaming update.dat to update.upt
- Using a different microSD card with only update.dat on it
- Turning it on with no card, then putting the card in when the update procedure prompts for it

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #979 of 1,991
I'm enjoying the M1s so far, but for whatever reason, I can't install the 1.053 firmware update. I put update.dat into the card's root directory, then try updating the system. However, it always fails with "tf mount error".

Here is what I've tried:
- Resetting to factory default settings
- Using both the new and original volume curve update.dat files
- Renaming update.dat to update.upt
- Using a different microSD card with only update.dat on it
- Turning it on with no card, then putting the card in when the update procedure prompts for it

Your card is FAT32 format?

Oh yeah, when I tried it, it did take more time than I expected and said it was looking for the TF card during that time. It was weird and unexpected, but it did end up working when I just left it alone...

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #980 of 1,991
Uhhh do you have any other sd cards to test?

Tested it out with my another SandDisk 32Gb class 4 micro sd card, DSD128 song played flawlessly without any popping sound however my 32bit 48khz song still make loud distorted noise when I played it back........by the way what micro sd card do you use for your aune m1s because if you do not face this problem then I might as well get the same card as you do (this makes my life easier).

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #981 of 1,991
Hey @Aune Audio
I have a suggested tweak, it's a small one but a valuable one for some.
It would be great to have an option in settings to "Reset Gain to Middle on start up".
So if you're on high gain and you shut down the M1s, with that setting enabled the unit will set gain back to medium.
And with that setting disabled it will stay at high gain after it is restarted. This will make it much better for people who use 
iems and full size headphones with the unit. Without this setting it is very risky to drink heavily and use the M1s with iems
and cans.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #982 of 1,991
Hey @Aune Audio
I have a suggested tweak, it's a small one but a valuable one for some.
It would be great to have an option in settings to "Reset Gain to Middle on start up".
So if you're on high gain and you shut down the M1s, with that setting enabled the unit will set gain back to medium.
And with that setting disabled it will stay at high gain after it is restarted. This will make it much better for people who use 
iems and full size headphones with the unit. Without this setting it is very risky to drink heavily and use the M1s with iems
and cans.

This is the first time I've seen a new feature suggestion to help enable safe listening while drunk, lol :p

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #983 of 1,991
Your card is FAT32 format?

Oh yeah, when I tried it, it did take more time than I expected and said it was looking for the TF card during that time. It was weird and unexpected, but it did end up working when I just left it alone...

This was it, thanks! Nothing seemed to be able to format my card to FAT32 on Windows, however, so I used gparted on Linux to do it. After that, the update finished in a couple of seconds.

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #988 of 1,991
Hey guys!

Latest test build here!

This should work
smily_headphones1.gif

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back