Audirvana Plus 2.0
Oct 14, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #61 of 81
I'm new with this software and dont know much about equalizing. It preset my macbook's audio setting to a boost of +6.0 dB. Will this ruin both my macbook and headphone speakers over time, or should I leave it towards a 0 dB flat frequency?

May 1, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #62 of 81
I agree that version 2.0 sounds great and after the adjustment for the need to create a library (my Playlists were all one-offs), I prefer it to the previous version.

2 items of note to potential purchasers who might still be on the fence:

1. Embracing the option to control the application remotely via the iPhone app suddenly makes the rationale for all the changes to the applications clear

2. The audio quality is still superior to similar apps, in my personal experience.

I was at first skeptical that their could be much difference in the signal going into my DAC when using other applications. I experimented with other apps after I upgraded my Mac tot he latest OS and was forced to upgrade to Audirvanna. I was put off by the need to pay for the upgrade and I resisted at first and tried other apps. I found myself trying to to make subtle adjustments to my system when I played AIFF rips that I had listened to frequently on CAL CD player or with the Audirvanna previously. The details were there but they were "edgy" and the ambiance seemed "drier" and less integrated. Eventually, after trying different setting, different DACs, different rigs, etc. and a lot of A/Bing, I upgraded to Audirvana Plus 2.x and the changes was dramatic. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #63 of 81
I wish A+ had song selection like iTunes -- so that only the "checked" songs in iTunes play, like while doing random/shuffle.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #64 of 81
  I wish A+ had song selection like iTunes -- so that only the "checked" songs in iTunes play, like while doing random/shuffle.

Well you could create a playlist and then I think you can shuffle that play list.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #67 of 81
Are there any new Audirvana users out there that have successfully redeemed their 90 day TIDAL vouchers? I ran into some problems...

I'm not a "new" A+ user, but earlier this year I used the 90 day Tidal trial. Seems to me there was a glitch at the start which Tidal fixed, and it's been fine ever since. Can't recall the particulars. The A+/Tidal integration is seamless and the $20 monthly is well worth it.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #69 of 81
V3 is coming soon according to audirvana.com website. In particular, MQA support is planned.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #70 of 81
  V3 is coming soon according to audirvana.com website. In particular, MQA support is planned.

I'm really looking forward to it! Tidal support, native DSD support, and now MQA! Says end of January...that's today. So looks like a bit more time to wait. 
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #72 of 81
Yesterday, Damien said the 3.0 version "is now in the Release Candidate final stage" and would be in a couple of weeks.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #74 of 81
As a Mac user, I've always preferred A+ to JRiver - I have both fully licensed versions. Lately I notice that A+ does not boot up at all - it just says "loading" - and it is a hit and miss whether I get to use it on my 4 year old iMac, which for the record has absolutely no problem booting up for my 7 TB worth of music files every single time. So I am forced to use the Windows-like JRiver!

Recently I have started to use AKConnect streaming to my AK300 which works with JRiver but I can't seem to get it to work with A+ (on the occasions A+ boots up). I can't see the info on the A+ website so the question is this. Is A+ able to stream to DAPs like the AK300 in the first place?

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #75 of 81
I just installed Audirvana 3 (upgrade from version 2). I am not very happy with it. It changes the sound for my system pretty clearly to the worse: more analytic and flatter sound. I changed back to the latest version 2 update. I hope there will be some support of version 2 for the future.

I use flac (no MQA tested). The DAC is a Schiit Gungnir MB.

Anyone else who has an opinion about how A+3 compares to A+2 soundwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back