AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #5,566 of 5,890
Were you asked to return the original faulty unit back to Audiosense before getting a replacement? Seems like they didn't use quality BA's for this particular model.

They kindly sent out a replacement to me without having to send back the faulty unit. I would hope they would do the same for you but I would advise speaking to AS via their Facebook or email to confirm.

It's a shame because apart from the initial teething issues the DT600 with a 30ohm impedance adapter is an excellent all BA performer at this price point.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #5,567 of 5,890
They kindly sent out a replacement to me without having to send back the faulty unit. I would hope they would do the same for you but I would advise speaking to AS via their Facebook or email to confirm.

It's a shame because apart from the initial teething issues the DT600 with a 30ohm impedance adapter is an excellent all BA performer at this price point.
Cheers for the info mate 🍻

Nov 4, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #5,568 of 5,890
Were you asked to return the original faulty unit back to Audiosense before getting a replacement? Seems like they didn't use quality BA's for this particular model.

They use a high quality knowles but my hunch on those rattling issues is due to limitations of that three way electronic PCB that acts as capacitor that desktop amp/dac will overload the DT600 if you crank up the volume. I think it is advisable to use them on either on decent sources like DAPs in low gain mode. I don't encounter that rattling issue in my DT600.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #5,569 of 5,890
They use a high quality knowles but my hunch on those rattling issues is due to limitations of that three way electronic PCB that acts as capacitor that desktop amp/dac will overload the DT600 if you crank up the volume. I think it is advisable to use them on either on decent sources like DAPs in low gain mode. I don't encounter that rattling issue in my DT600.
Thanks for the advice bruv I have decided to check a chance and order the DT 600, will be using low gain on my DAP as you have mentioned :)

Nov 4, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #5,570 of 5,890
BAs are probably more sensitive to too loud volume or even knocks and drops and moisture, compared to dynamic drivers.

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #5,572 of 5,890
Nov 15, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #5,573 of 5,890
Nov 15, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #5,574 of 5,890
Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #5,575 of 5,890
Excellent review as always. I agree with all of your points.

I love the AQ0! It is an overlooked gem in the price range. Fantastic visceral bass but the the mids and treble are respectable.

Recommended song to showcase the AQ0:

Thank you mate, And I really appreciate your words.

Nov 25, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #5,576 of 5,890
Hi all.... Does anyone with the DT200s use Comply eartips? Which model should I get to get the best fit onto the IEM? Thanks in advance!

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #5,577 of 5,890
Hi all.... Does anyone with the DT200s use Comply eartips? Which model should I get to get the best fit onto the IEM? Thanks in advance!

Well eartips are as personal as shoes, as we have different ear anatomies.

I had a loaner unit for the DT200, and the DT200 is already not the most extended in the treble, and I personally find foams don't have the best synergy with them as they tame the treble too much for my liking. The provided stocks tips are actually adequate IMHO.

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #5,578 of 5,890
Hey, Why is an earphone perfect for me out of the box but when I start using other brands eartips the sound is "worse"!

That means eartip changes doesn't matter much. :wink:

I do notice a difference with cable changes due to the different metal materials.

But the stock cable is usually better unless a company like BQEYZ has invested lots of research into finding an upgrade cable that works with all their earphones.

Any wire manufacturer can grab some wire mold it into an earphone wire and sell it. That doesn't mean it will sound good with whatever earphone you have. You most likely have another cable to add to a pile of junk.

ChiFi companies will have happier customers when they start saying, "This cable works perfectly with so and so brand(s) or earphone models."

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #5,579 of 5,890

I had a loaner unit for the DT200, and the DT200 is already not the most extended in the treble, and I personally find foams don't have the best synergy with them as they tame the treble too much for my liking. The provided stocks tips are actually adequate IMHO.
Yes I agree everyone had their preferences for ear tips. :)

Thanks for the insight on the DT200 sound... I only just got them yesterday, and I find their stock tips a bit uncomfortable. I prefer the comfort of Comply tips at the sacrifice of sound quality. I tried using the eartip finder on the Comply site to find the right model, but it doesn't have Audiosense. I thought to ask here if anyone uses Comply for their DT200...

Nov 25, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #5,580 of 5,890
dt200.jpg

DT200 is still the best tuned Audiosense for me.

I just wish it had a bit more resolution so that I didn't have to spend a fortune on the Traillii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back