AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #5,281 of 5,890
I suggested that the amps signature could be the explanation to the change of frequency response as low oi is very unlikely to be the issue. You than say that an amp should not have an signature, I assumed that was a reaction to my post but never mind.

As you live in a world where all amps should sound the same and I live in one where in reality they don't I don't think this discussion is going to be fruitful so instead of continuing it I wish you a happy weekend :)
Have a nice weekend in your perceived reality,

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #5,282 of 5,890
This tool is super helpful:
MMCX Tool

How to use:

This tool has saved me many times in the past for very tight MMCX.
Well worth the investment, I got mine at $10 USD for a pair. May sound a bit expensive, but spoiling a MMCX connector is an even bigger cost.

I've seen some pirated versions on Aliexpress that are much cheaper but those are not very sturdy, they break after a few usages, so for those without claws nails, do consider this.

I've never used this tool on Audiosense gear though, their MMCX seem to be of higher quality than the usual budget suspects, and they come on and off very easily. I've spoke to Elaine from Audiosense Aliexpress, she says they actually spend quite a bit more to secure higher grade MMCX for their IEMs (which are more expensive), some of the high quality MMCX connectors can even cost 5 times more than a cheap low reliability one, so respect them for that.

Apr 24, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #5,283 of 5,890
Well worth the investment, I got mine at $10 USD for a pair. May sound a bit expensive, but spoiling a MMCX connector is an even bigger cost.

I've seen some pirated versions on Aliexpress that are much cheaper but those are not very sturdy, they break after a few usages, so for those without claws nails, do consider this.

I've never used this tool on Audiosense gear though, their MMCX seem to be of higher quality than the usual budget suspects, and they come on and off very easily. I've spoke to Elaine from Audiosense Aliexpress, she says they actually spend quite a bit more to secure higher grade MMCX for their IEMs (which are more expensive), some of the high quality MMCX connectors can even cost 5 times more than a cheap low reliability one, so respect them for that.
I remember my first time trying to get the cable out of my T180 pro, my god it took some time and effort (as it was my first MMCX IEM ever), compared to other MMCX I've tried, Audiosense ones feel much higher quality and I really appreciate it now.

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #5,284 of 5,890

I pretty much only have IEMs that use MMCX connectors, and can't live without this tool!
Like you said, this tool has saved me many many times!

And yeah, Audiosense being awesome ( Like always =p )

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #5,285 of 5,890
Okay, guys!

For those waiting for the AUDIOSENSE DT300, looks like it'll release within a month at most. Got the info from the company itself. No price yet.

Any speculations? Obviously it'll be a 3-BA per side if we're following how they name their models.

*Reusing your pic, @RikudouGoku . Hope it's okay.
1619403923631.png

That faceplate is just 👌🏻🔥 with the gold accent and abstract design.

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #5,286 of 5,890
Okay, guys!

For those waiting for the AUDIOSENSE DT300, looks like it'll release within a month at most. Got the info from the company itself. No price yet.

Any speculations? Obviously it'll be a 3-BA per side if we're following how they name their models.

*Reusing your pic, @RikudouGoku . Hope it's okay.
1619403923631.png

That faceplate is just 👌🏻🔥with the gold accent and abstract design.
i don´t like the faceplate tbh

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #5,287 of 5,890
Yeah, aesthetic is something that is very subjective in this hobby. I personally love the blue/gold combination. This is coming from a person that sees the MT300 and appreciates its looks. I might not be the best judge with these things 😂

Maybe they'd have other color options? Though as far as I'm aware, it has never happened with any of their products.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #5,288 of 5,890

haha +1.

Though looks are secondary for me. I'd take an ugly looking gear with great sound anyday, over a beautiful one that sounds crap! Anyway when it is inside the ears, we can't see it, but we can surely hear it!

Apr 26, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #5,289 of 5,890
Got my T800 for just more than a week, finally caught up with all posts here. At the time when I placed order, the AQ7 was sold at $398. Almost bought it. After reading the posts here, kinda regret missing the opportunity. But I am very happy with T800, it really does justice to well recorded string music. T800 will be my end game as long as it lasts.

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #5,290 of 5,890
Got my T800 for just more than a week, finally caught up with all posts here. At the time when I placed order, the AQ7 was sold at $398. Almost bought it. After reading the posts here, kinda regret missing the opportunity. But I am very happy with T800, it really does justice to well recorded string music. T800 will be my end game as long as it lasts.
Both are great and very different. T800 has much more bass and very dynamic treble while AQ7 has softer treble and forward upper mids.

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #5,291 of 5,890
I have had my T800's since very beginning of 2020, and they are still end game for me (along with my contrasting P1's). Although, I have looked into maybe buying another pair or two, in the end I always decide against it, and that I am only looking out of curiosity. Congratz on your shiny new toy! :)

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #5,292 of 5,890
Before buying this T800, I actually tried Fiio FA9. I gave myself a $400 budget for a nice pair of earbuds, there happened to be a returned FA9 at Amazon Warehouse just below $400, so I went for it. I am happy with my Fiio M11, so had high expectation for FA9, but was deeply disappointed. The package is nice, and the included accessories matched its price tag well. I am not sure if FA9 just sounds that way, or if it is defective since it is a returned unit, the sound is nice in the low end, but the mid and treble are covered by a thick veil. I returned it after two days. Before I bought T800, I had some reservation since it shares the same treble BA with FA9. But the enthusiastic reviews here and at other sites convinced me to give it a try.

I am just wondering how owners of both FA9 and T800 compare their sound signatures.

Apr 26, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #5,293 of 5,890
Before buying this T800, I actually tried Fiio FA9. I gave myself a $400 budget for a nice pair of earbuds, there happened to be a returned FA9 at Amazon Warehouse just below $400, so I went for it. I am happy with my Fiio M11, so had high expectation for FA9, but was deeply disappointed. The package is nice, and the included accessories matched its price tag well. I am not sure if FA9 just sounds that way, or if it is defective since it is a returned unit, the sound is nice in the low end, but the mid and treble are covered by a thick veil. I returned it after two days. Before I bought T800, I had some reservation since it shares the same treble BA with FA9. But the enthusiastic reviews here and at other sites convinced me to give it a try.

I am just wondering how owners of both FA9 and T800 compare their sound signatures.
I have the FA7, which was actually my first IEM, which is the model just before the FA9 (obviously, lol). I agree regarding the veil over the mids and treble. I wouldn't even buy the FA7 now even at 100$. The FA7 is at the same price as the T800, but the T800 is miles miles ahead of them due to the tuning. The FA7 actually has resolving drivers when EQ'd, but the bass tuning on their multiple BA line-up is really questionable.

May 1, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #5,294 of 5,890
Having and enjoying my T800 for two weeks. Buying a quality IEM years after its release is a time consuming thing; I had to spend tens of hours to go through all posts here. Saw many members saying that T800 is source sensitive; since I only have one source, Fiio M11, I cannot verify that. But I learned that it is highly insertion sensitive. Many members say it is bass rich, I only experience that when the tips are completely inserted; otherwise, those rumbling is nowhere to be found, at least in my ears.

May 5, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #5,295 of 5,890

🤣🤣🤣
Claw!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back