AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 26, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #4,036 of 5,890
Hi Guys!!
Just ready to buy the T800 after reading almost all the 4k posts here🤪.
Has anyone try them with the TRN bt20s by any chance?? Could be theTRN or the similar item by Fiio.
Thanks in advance!!

T800 needs a proper source matching as it is quite finicky, ideally something with as low output impedance as possible is important for it to sound good. But I'm not really a bluetooth guy, so maybe it is best to ask the others about BT and T800. Though FWIW, T800 ain't a good match with TRN BT20S, too hissy. The hiss is slightly less with TRN BT20 (non S version), but still present.

Edit: oh ya, the new Audiosense flagship (AQ7) is likely due for release sometime in june, so u might wanna wait for reviews to see if this is better than T800!

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #4,037 of 5,890
T800 needs a proper source matching as it is quite finicky, ideally something with as low output impedance as possible is important for it to sound good. But I'm not really a bluetooth guy, so maybe it is best to ask the others about BT and T800. Though FWIW, T800 ain't a good match with TRN BT20S, too hissy. The hiss is slightly less with TRN BT20 (non S version), but still present.

Edit: oh ya, the new Audiosense flagship (AQ7) is likely due for release sometime in june, so u might wanna wait for reviews to see if this is better than T800!

Was just told today, price will be verified soon, and mid june is release. Im on board for early adopter and have a credit from my t800 failure. So, looking good. I just got a dunu dk4001 so will befun to see how the new hybrid from audiosense holds up. The dk4001 has some absolute killer lows and mids though

May 26, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #4,039 of 5,890
May 27, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #4,040 of 5,890
wonder when they can show us some pictures of the AQ7...surely the design is already finished if they are releasing soon?

May 27, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #4,042 of 5,890
wonder when they can show us some pictures of the AQ7...surely the design is already finished if they are releasing soon?

Yeah, I'm very curious about the size specifically, since DD hybrids can get quite large. I'd expect the design to probably be similar to the rest of their custom-universal 3-D printed designs.

May 27, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #4,043 of 5,890
Yeah, I'm very curious about the size specifically, since DD hybrids can get quite large. I'd expect the design to probably be similar to the rest of their custom-universal 3-D printed designs.

That will surely be a concern, the t800 was probably my limit on size, it fit perfect for how big it is, but anything larger, i dunno. I will say, the dunu dk4001 is pretty small, with 4 ba and one larger dynamic, its not impossible to make hybrids smaller, just depends how they want to set it up i guess. Id like another resin like the t800, but who knows.

May 28, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #4,044 of 5,890
That will surely be a concern, the t800 was probably my limit on size, it fit perfect for how big it is, but anything larger, i dunno. I will say, the dunu dk4001 is pretty small, with 4 ba and one larger dynamic, its not impossible to make hybrids smaller, just depends how they want to set it up i guess. Id like another resin like the t800, but who knows.
I hope it is smaller than the T800.

May 30, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #4,045 of 5,890
Was just told today, price will be verified soon, and mid june is release. Im on board for early adopter and have a credit from my t800 failure. So, looking good. I just got a dunu dk4001 so will befun to see how the new hybrid from audiosense holds up. The dk4001 has some absolute killer lows and mids though

I am using iphone 6s + dunu 2000j at the moment.
I was thinking of upgrading, so really interested in 4001 vs t800.
Would these two sound good with 6s, or do I have to buy DAP as well?

May 30, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #4,046 of 5,890
I am using iphone 6s + dunu 2000j at the moment.
I was thinking of upgrading, so really interested in 4001 vs t800.
Would these two sound good with 6s, or do I have to buy DAP as well?
probably need a dap/amp since you need a low output impedance with the T800.

But wait for the AQ7 before buying anything big.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #4,047 of 5,890
I've finally found my perfect wire for my T800's 😋. I had to wait an extended period of time for my Fiio UTWS1 but I couldn't be happier with them. For $45 USD they allow me to listen to my favorite IEM's without being attached to a device. I can walk anywhere in my 1500 sqft Condo and they do not drop. The people I spoke to driving my convertible said they can hear my just fine.

My only niggle with them is that they make me look like I'm wearing carbon fiber hearing aids.

Only thing I hope they include is a conversation pass through and high sef codecs in the UTWS2 but again for $45! you can't really complain.

Also for the second batch they got rid of the hiss... 20200516_193422.jpg
So since using Fiio UTWS1 daily since May 17 I can say they do work really well with the T800. It's not perfect but for the freedom to move wirelessly listening to my favourite IEM's is a revelation and make up for the missing HD codecs. I hear absolutely no hiss with them as well.

They are plenty loud but you cannot blow your ears drums as there is not enough power...

I get 7 hours plus with them but the charging system is less then eloquent but it does work.

Of course this combo sounds far and away better then anything you're going to get from Bose Apple Sony or Sennheiser... it's not even thre same sport as they say.

A MAJOR plus is that call quality is excellent as well when driving my convertible with the top down and sitting flames out the exhaust the person on the other end can hear me just fine. 😋

Personally I'm never going back to wires because the convenience is just too good but when the next version comes out with the upgrades I will jump on it.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #4,049 of 5,890
Contacted AUDIOSENSE seller and she said AQ7 price is still unknown but will cost more that T800
I also asked for pictures and they said maybe this week.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #4,050 of 5,890
I asked for release and they ignored me :frowning2: (a month ago)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back