AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #3,917 of 5,890
I received my T800 around a week ago and have to say that these things are awesome.

Mine also included the copper looking cable which I presume they throw in as a free gift with all the T800 they sell.

I am glad I bought them and even more glad they actually arrived. :dt880smile:
yeah the extra cable is nice, for me I prefer if they just sent one single cable that is of higher quality. But having 2 cable is certainly nice and gives you a backup cable if the other one breaks.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #3,919 of 5,890
I have the two cables sent by AS, one silver, one copper. I went with copper initially to soften the highs (t800). Month or so later I tried silver and was taken aback by how much darker it sounded with copper. Back to silver and not noticing excess highs. Anyone experience something similar? I ascribe it to psychoacoustics, the subtler aspects at least. But I do think the copper imparted an overall darker flavor. Not bad but different

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #3,920 of 5,890
I have the two cables sent by AS, one silver, one copper. I went with copper initially to soften the highs (t800). Month or so later I tried silver and was taken aback by how much darker it sounded with copper. Back to silver and not noticing excess highs. Anyone experience something similar? I ascribe it to psychoacoustics, the subtler aspects at least. But I do think the copper imparted an overall darker flavor. Not bad but different

Yep I get the same findings on my T800 with copper vs silver. I find copper is subtly warmer than silver cables, but it is not a light and day difference.

But then again, cables are a super big controversial subject here in audiophiledom. There's a camp that says it doesn't make a difference based on measurements, and another camp that says it does. Well absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence but I respect both camps' views.
I've seen flamewars start here over this cable issue, so to each their own, if it works for u, that's good. If it doesn't then actually you might be saving money haha.

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #3,921 of 5,890
Yep I get the same findings on my T800 with copper vs silver. I find copper is subtly warmer than silver cables, but it is not a light and day difference.

But then again, cables are a super big controversial subject here in audiophiledom. There's a camp that says it doesn't make a difference based on measurements, and another camp that says it does. Well absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence but I respect both camps' views.
I've seen flamewars start here over this cable issue, so to each their own, if it works for u, that's good. If it doesn't then actually you might be saving money haha.
“absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence”
Very nicely put. Concerning perception it’s difficult to distinguish verifiable from anecdotal, in this case the auditory variety. I guess I’m a moderate in this dilemma. Reliable measurements alone are only part of the picture. Subjectivity tends to be regarded as suspect if it evades objective reliable description, quantification. Mindset is a huge factor, not simply preconceptions but the manner in which perceptions internally feedback and forward. At best such influences can be minimized. But who wants to dig music in a laboratory? Nice to take the opportunity to try and express this

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #3,923 of 5,890
you might have just gotten used to the T800 when you switched to the silver cable. so the treble doesnt bother you as much as it did before.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #3,924 of 5,890
The interesting / frustrating thing about the T800s is how insanely low impedance they are, especially at the bass end. Any change in source or cable is going to impact the frequency response - took me forever to get mine right, and I’m still not sure I’ve found the perfect tips for them. Not for lack of trying, needless to say.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #3,925 of 5,890
you might have just gotten used to the T800 when you switched to the silver cable. so the treble doesnt bother you as much as it did before.
I think that’s persuasive. So-called brain burn in is likely much more important factor than gear burn in. The levels of sonic detail that receive attention (and debate) are extraordinarily subtle. Human brain is not a neutral processor

Apr 26, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #3,926 of 5,890
The interesting / frustrating thing about the T800s is how insanely low impedance they are, especially at the bass end. Any change in source or cable is going to impact the frequency response - took me forever to get mine right, and I’m still not sure I’ve found the perfect tips for them. Not for lack of trying, needless to say.
I was never a believer in cables and tips making a noticeable difference in the past, but with the T800 they definitely make a difference. Is it huge? Well, it depends on the quality and type of music you are listening to, but generally it is subtle, but to the point that you DO notice it.

For myself, I have found the perfect cable and tips (for me), until I can afford cable 175 to try and see if it is better or worse than what I have now (which I call my base setup). At the moment I am using an FDBRO OFC SPC 8 core 4.4mm balanced cable, and Final Audio Type E (medium) tips. I really like the OCC copper cable that AS sent as a bonus in my order, but it just blurs the resolution enough that I miss the SPC cable ( I really am a fan of detail retrieval in headphone/IEM).

Apr 29, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #3,928 of 5,890
Apr 30, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #3,930 of 5,890
Thank you!
A friend is sending me the T800 to demo it for a week and I'm really curious how will it compare.
Can't wait :D
There’s something I really like about the T800. To my ears they aren’t sibilant and are very detailed and airy sounding. Bass is pretty impactful too.
Hey definitely are u shaped but I don’t miss midrange too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back