AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 4, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #3,946 of 5,890
Hello. I own t800 and been following this thread since very early. Considering 4.4 cable for these. I know darn well this has been covered but I’m loathe to search back looking. Can anyone attest to definite improvement using balanced on these? Thanks

May 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #3,947 of 5,890
Hello. I own t800 and been following this thread since very early. Considering 4.4 cable for these. I know darn well this has been covered but I’m loathe to search back looking. Can anyone attest to definite improvement using balanced on these? Thanks
That depends more on your source. What source are you using? For example on the Fiio M11, on balanced you get more power output but also more Output impedance which is not what you want. So on the M11 it would be better to use the SE (3,5mm) port instead of balanced.

May 4, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #3,948 of 5,890
That depends more on your source. What source are you using? For example on the Fiio M11, on balanced you get more power output but also more Output impedance which is not what you want. So on the M11 it would be better to use the SE (3,5mm) port instead of balanced.
Using Hiby R5. Can you elaborate on this? Thanks

Single-ended, balanced, line-out via 3.5mm and 4.4mm ports.

balanced power up to 1040mW+1040mW@16Ω and 564mW+564mW@32Ω

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #3,949 of 5,890
Using Hiby R5. Can you elaborate on this? Thanks

Single-ended, balanced, line-out via 3.5mm and 4.4mm ports.

balanced power up to 1040mW+1040mW@16Ω and 564mW+564mW@32Ω
I dont think Hiby has told anyone how high/low the Output impedance actually is. So cant say for sure, but

1588632481484.png

This is the Fiio M11s recommended impedance level.

1588632503530.png

And this is the Hiby R5s.
So I guess they might have the same output impedance, being 1ohm with SE and 2ohms with Balanced. Which would mean that the SE port is better with the T800 as a higher OI changes the sound the sound of the T800 and also introduces more hissing. This is a BIG IF so take it with a grain of salt. But that is my experience with the T800.

May 4, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #3,950 of 5,890
I dont think Hiby has told anyone how high/low the Output impedance actually is. So cant say for sure, but

1588632481484.png
This is the Fiio M11s recommended impedance level.

1588632503530.png
And this is the Hiby R5s.
So I guess they might have the same output impedance, being 1ohm with SE and 2ohms with Balanced. Which would mean that the SE port is better with the T800 as a higher OI changes the sound the sound of the T800 and also introduces more hissing. This is a BIG IF so take it with a grain of salt. But that is my experience with the T800.

I got this reply from HIBY on Facebook, back when the R5 was first being introduced:
"
Author
HiBy Music THD is 0.0014% through SE headphone out. SNR ranges from 120.5dB through SE phone out to 127.8dB through balanced line out. Output impedance is under 1 ohm for all phone outs. "

May 4, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #3,951 of 5,890
I got this reply from HIBY on Facebook, back when the R5 was first being introduced:
"
Author
HiBy Music THD is 0.0014% through SE headphone out. SNR ranges from 120.5dB through SE phone out to 127.8dB through balanced line out. Output impedance is under 1 ohm for all phone outs. "
Oh, then that changes things.

@morndewey you can go balanced, I'm assuming you might use the same cable with other iems too? In that case using balanced will benefit harder to drive stuff.

May 4, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #3,953 of 5,890
Unless convinced otherwise, I am interested in ordering a set of the dt200. I am looking for an IEM that excels with female singer-songwriters: intimate sounstage, fantastic mids layering and texture, airy treble, mildly subdued bass, controlled dynamics sounding agile not impactful.

The Audiosense website is a mix of English and Chinese. I couldn’t understand half of the prompts for ordering. I tried Amazon (USA) but I couldn’t find a listing for the dt200. Same with Penon audio. Nothing on wal-mart.com. Any suggestions? I don’t trust Aliexpress.

May 4, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #3,954 of 5,890
Unless convinced otherwise, I am interested in ordering a set of the dt200. I am looking for an IEM that excels with female singer-songwriters: intimate sounstage, fantastic mids layering and texture, airy treble, mildly subdued bass, controlled dynamics sounding agile not impactful.

The Audiosense website is a mix of English and Chinese. I couldn’t understand half of the prompts for ordering. I tried Amazon (USA) but I couldn’t find a listing for the dt200. Same with Penon audio. Nothing on wal-mart.com. Any suggestions? I don’t trust Aliexpress.

Ya it seems the DT200 isn't sold much in the west. Even Aliexpress doesn't carry it. Seems to be catered more for their local chinese market. Though I saw it selling on Hifigo and Taobao.

Graphs wise, it looks a bit like a BLON BL-03 (credit to Larry Fulton):

Capture.PNG

94990710_10157933784314792_3546808787882999808_o.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #3,956 of 5,890
Damn, that graph of DT200 looks almost perfect for me as I prefer the pinna gains to be closer to 3KHz than the 2KHz region.
Less mid bass bloat and good extension on both ends.

Doesn't the TRI I3 have something similar in that the gain is at the 3ish kHz region? Though the treble of the TRI I3 isn't that extended.

May 5, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #3,958 of 5,890

What you are describing sounds very much like the DT200. I purchased mine from hifigo.com shipped to US.
Still gathering my thoughts on their sound, but probably one of the most coherent multi BA IEMs (only 2 but still), comparable to a DD but better layering, more detailed and smoother bass.

May 5, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #3,959 of 5,890

if you are ok with BA bass then its a great pick.

May 5, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #3,960 of 5,890
Thanks for the replies. I will look further into the DT200. I have a fiio FA1 on order. If that doesn’t hit the spot, I will see if ordering an dt200 is reasonable with shipping.

I don’t have a pure BA IEM at this moment. (Again, awaiting FA1). BA is fine. I have scads of DD IEMs with different tunings. I have hybrids with a DD for the bass section. Please take no offense, RikudouGoku, as this is not to slight you personally in any way, I have enough slam, impact, rumble, brain-shaking already covered. I don’t want more of the same.

Though I greatly appreciate reviewers, oft times the typical bass exaggerations is what THEY seem to want in bass in all IEMs but that isn’t what everyone wants in every IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back