AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #3,646 of 5,890
Yep, I got the same thing in my T800. So far I find them both to be good cables. Tell us your impressions of the AQ3?!
Of course. First impressions are very positive. I liked these headphones from the first note.
A more detailed view will be later. After burn.
p.s: before that, I used the phone + KZ-ZST Pro and HiBy R5 + jade audio EA3.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #3,647 of 5,890
I received a new cable from Audiosense as a gift with aq3 headphones. I was told that this is a new product from the end of last year - 4 OCC Copper+4 sliver plate OFC copper cable.
393da167193c.jpg
ade3f54b1f2d.jpg
looks similar to cable 175.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000158772005.html

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #3,648 of 5,890
Well maybe they can bring some utilitarianism to pure beryllium and make it more affordable, I believe Leah do a more cost effective single beryllium driver iem at around 350 bucks so maybe is achievable. Audiosense are also prepared to take a fiscal hit to promote their brand like they did with the T800 only making small margins per unit, they may surprise us. I'm listening to some beryllium coated cans as we speak, does improve bass resolution

I'd better start saving money for the new hybrid :D
If they don't increase the price significantly, I will definitely be one of the first adopters, as T800 is a price/performance king for me still (even after trying the S8F, TSMR5 and Moon S8.

IMO its not necessary to implement some beryllium coated driver as the usual budget ones are often just a marketing gimmick and spraying the plastic driver with a few molecules of beryllium won't make a huge difference.
Having solid beryllium driver or at least thin layer of beryllium on top is different story, but those won't cost a few bucks. Graphene coated drivers are good for bass - think IT01 or Blitzwolf ES1.
At the end, cheap well tuned DD will sound better than peaky expensive beryllium, in m book...

I'm just hoping the hybrid is gonna sound at least a touch more neutral while keeping the technical abilities of T800.

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #3,649 of 5,890
If they don't increase the price significantly, I will definitely be one of the first adopters, as T800 is a price/performance king for me still (even after trying the S8F, TSMR5 and Moon S8.

IMO its not necessary to implement some beryllium coated driver as the usual budget ones are often just a marketing gimmick and spraying the plastic driver with a few molecules of beryllium won't make a huge difference.
Having solid beryllium driver or at least thin layer of beryllium on top is different story, but those won't cost a few bucks. Graphene coated drivers are good for bass - think IT01 or Blitzwolf ES1.
At the end, cheap well tuned DD will sound better than peaky expensive beryllium, in m book...

I'm just hoping the hybrid is gonna sound at least a touch more neutral while keeping the technical abilities of T800.
Also want a bit more neutral and also a smaller shell ( probably wont happen since it has 6 BAs and 1 DD)

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #3,650 of 5,890

That is not true.

Beryllium is not a few flakes that are just sprayed on. Beryllium is a metal that must be applied with a method such as vacuum metallization, or a thin film that must be sandwiched into a multi layer diaphragm.

It’s graphene that is nothing more than a few molecules that are sprayed onto cheap Mylar diaphragms. And it’s graphene that is the gimmick (with the exception of the Ora driver).

What’s worse, the sprayed graphene Mylar drivers often have worse performance than a plain Mylar driver would have if it had no spray graphene coating on it.

C68C3172-CD67-4CCE-A96D-385D13C54BEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #3,651 of 5,890
That is not true.

Beryllium is not a few flakes that are just sprayed on. Beryllium is a metal that must be applied with a method such asvacuum metallization, or a thin film that must be sandwiched into a multi layer diaphragm.

It’s graphene that is the few molecules that are sprayed onto cheap Mylar diaphragms. And it’s graphene that is the gimmick.

What’s worse, the sprayed graphene Mylar drivers often have worse performance than a plain Mylar driver would have if it had no spray coating on it.

C68C3172-CD67-4CCE-A96D-385D13C54BEB.jpeg
Very interesting stuff. Stuff that I did not know before. Thanks for that.

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #3,652 of 5,890

Might I just ask if its possible that when referring to IEMs that many? some? of us have never heard of, their whole names could be used instead of just the letter/number bits? That we might then easily reference them, etcetera? I for one would appreciate that velly muchly!

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #3,653 of 5,890
Might I just ask if its possible that when referring to IEMs that many? some? of us have never heard of, their whole names could be used instead of just the letter/number bits? That we might then easily reference them, etcetera? I for one would appreciate that velly muchly!

• T800 = Audiosense T800
  • SF8 = Final Audio SF8
  • TSMR5 = Tansio Mirai TSMR-5
  • Moon S8 = Moondrop S8
  • IT01 = iBasso IT01
  • Blitzwolf ES1 = Blitzwolf ES1

Hope that is helpful... :)

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #3,654 of 5,890
  • T800 = Audiosense T800
  • SF8 = Final Audio SF8
  • Moon S8 = Moondrop S8
  • IT01 = iBasso IT01

Oooh it most certainly is..... Thankyou! But really I also have to ask, is there any getting past the rather seductive responder on the Audiosense store? With her darlingly wonky English and blushing emojis?

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #3,655 of 5,890
Oooh it most certainly is..... Thankyou! But really I also have to ask, is there any getting past the rather seductive responder on the Audiosense store? With her darlingly wonky English and blushing emojis?
Nope! No getting past it. When I told her thank you for the OCC cable, her reply was [kiss][kiss]…. Now that is customer service... LOL

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #3,656 of 5,890
Nope! No getting past it. When I told her thank you for the OCC cable, her reply was [kiss][kiss]…. Now that is customer service... LOL

Actually just 2 days ago, when I asked her any question thru the aliexpress messenger, that was the default reply. Maybe it is not even a woman behind the screen? Or maybe it is some auto bot replying LOL.

1) When will the hybrid flagship be ready? {kiss} {kiss} {shy} {shy} {admire} {admire}
2) How much is it? {kiss} {kiss} {shy} {shy} {admire} {admire}
3) What is the tuning like? {kiss} {kiss} {shy} {shy} {admire} {admire}

But jokes aside, they do have good customer service I gotta say. I wouldn't mind supporting their store more. It's just that after getting the T800, I was very happy with it, and I didn't see the need to try out their lower models (notwithstanding the costs involved too). But I wouldn't mind getting the new flagship hybrid on day one, waiting for their FR to come out, and also saving cash till then.

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #3,657 of 5,890
  • T800 = Audiosense T800
  • SF8 = Final Audio SF8
  • Moon S8 = Moondrop S8
  • IT01 = iBasso IT01

Thx, for effort, just to clarify I ment Fearless S8F.
Sorry @warbles I thought these are well known iems so I didn't use their full name.

@Slater you're right, thanks for correction, I mixed up the graphene/beryllium coating..
Still, from my experience with cheap grapene/ber. drivers, I felt graphene does better in bass department, but that just may be a few examples (IT01, Blitzwolf vs Urbanfun Hifi, Evos Palais). What I really liked in ber. iems was the upper treble tho.

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #3,658 of 5,890
Actually just 2 days ago, when I asked her any question thru the aliexpress messenger, that was the default reply. Maybe it is not even a woman behind the screen? Or maybe it is some auto bot replying LOL.

1) When will the hybrid flagship be ready? {kiss} {kiss} {shy} {shy} {admire} {admire}
2) How much is it? {kiss} {kiss} {shy} {shy} {admire} {admire}
3) What is the tuning like? {kiss} {kiss} {shy} {shy} {admire} {admire}

But jokes aside, they do have good customer service I gotta say. I wouldn't mind supporting their store more. It's just that after getting the T800, I was very happy with it, and I didn't see the need to try out their lower models (notwithstanding the costs involved too). But I wouldn't mind getting the new flagship hybrid on day one, waiting for their FR to come out, and also saving cash till then.
WOW! You sure you didn't have a keylogger going on my PC? Because, that look JUST like my conversation (though the questions were a bit different) hehe I am in the same boat as you. I wanted to support them more, but the T800 are end game for me, and for $300 I expected them to be way less than what they are. I have bought some (supposed) big named headphones for more, that sound a LOT worse (no, not beats lol). I ordered the Tin Hifi P1 as a sidegrade, but I might also have to get the new flagship just to support them. As long as they are as good or better than the T800, I really have nothing to lose.

I wish they would come out with some 8 core OCC balanced cables, instead of just having 4 core cables (though they are still very nice). I would buy them.

Thx, for effort, just to clarify I ment Fearless S8F.
No, no, you are correct, and I don't know why I wrote FA.... That was my bad (apparently not paying attention to what I was typing). I don't think there even IS such a thing as FA SF8. LOL

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #3,659 of 5,890
20200304_141224.jpg

20200304_141614.jpg

hmmmmm wonder what this is :smirk:

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #3,660 of 5,890
20200304_144154.jpg

(left DT200, right T800)
The DT200 is smaller than the T800. And to me the DT200 fits me perfectly, while the T800 is too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back