AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,616 of 5,890
I'm skeptical whether you can 'burn in' a cable, small currents arn't going to have much of an effect on essentially a stable solid material. Absolutely a difference between cable materials though. Definitely either a perforated damper or ear drum issue if your mate can't hear a change with damper switched, whether it's a positive change is a different matter. The greens took the caurseness off the SSSsibilant T800 but unfortunately has taken a little clarity and sparkle off, I suspect the browns will be more of the same, swings n roundabouts I'm finding here
get some azla earfits whit white filter and there is no sibilance

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #3,618 of 5,890
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #3,619 of 5,890
Nice one ill give the Azla a whirl, tbh my brain does tune in with longer sessions so ironically not that fatiguing but be nice if were good straight off. Where can you get these at reasonable price in the UK can't find in usual places (AE, Ebay Amazon etc)?
i ordered them from japan too

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #3,620 of 5,890
audiosense.PNG

Wow what is that red model? Never seen that before.

from their own site: https://www.audiosense.cn/

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #3,621 of 5,890
audiosense.PNG
Wow what is that red model? Never seen that before.

from their own site: https://www.audiosense.cn/
Maybe they have some new colors coming, because those look all like T180, T260, and/or T300. The DT200, AQ3, and T800 are missing from the picture (it looks like).

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #3,622 of 5,890
BTW, just wanted to put this out there. I noticed that a lot of people have been calling the "bonus" copper cable AS is sending with (at least) the T800's, an OFC cable. I am not sure if this is true or not, but when I had ordered mine, it was during the Chinese new year, and then there was the virus delay, so I contacted them on chat, and this is what they replied back to me (that I hadn't noticed until now):

this time T800 order as in holiday wait us. so we give free one is OCC high end copper. wish you will like it.

Very interesting, and I would also assume that the stock SPC cable that came with it is also OCC?! This might explain why (to my ears) that cable sounds so good with my T800?! I dunno', I just thought it was interesting.

Edit: From visiting their site on Aliexpress, I can confirm that the OCC copper cable they sent me is indeed the OCC cable they have advertised on their site, not the $17 one, but the $40 one. You can actually tell, the OFC cable is a darker color than the lighter colored OCC cable. Also, I confirmed that the SPC cable that comes stock with the T800 is OFC, not OCC (although still very good quality IMHO).

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #3,623 of 5,890
Mar 1, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #3,624 of 5,890
That is very interesting. Doing a search pulls up this. Funny that it is not on Audiosense site, but Yaoyaotiger HIFI site on Aliexpress. Must be a discontinued item?

Also, while searching, I came across another IEM from Audiosense that is not on any of their store sites (that I have found) it is this one. This must have just been not very popular, and looking at the FR curve it looks like it is tuned similar to a Hifiman planar phone, but with that bump in the 3k region (which I hate hehe).

Judging from (just) the AS20 review, it looks like they have stepped up their game with IEMs, because if that reviewer is right about those, they seem to suck. This may not be news to others, but until the T800 I actually didn't know Audiosense existed...

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #3,625 of 5,890
Btw I got the DT200 on the way and will do a review on them. :smile:

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #3,626 of 5,890
I spoke to an Audiosense rep on Aliexpress and they are aiming to get their newest flagship set out by june 2020.

Specs are 6 BA + 1 DD. Price TBC.
The rep doesn't know what the tuning will be like yet.

I think in view of the coronavirus situation, logistics and production might get some delays, so I'm not really optimistic about the june 2020 target. But something to look forward to in 2020.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #3,627 of 5,890
I spoke to an Audiosense rep on Aliexpress and they are aiming to get their newest flagship set out by june 2020.

Specs are 6 BA + 1 DD. Price TBC.
The rep doesn't know what the tuning will be like yet.

I think in view of the coronavirus situation, logistics and production might get some delays, so I'm not really optimistic about the june 2020 target. But something to look forward to in 2020.

I wonder if they’re going to use the same DD as the AQ3?

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #3,628 of 5,890

I had asked for this and other details a few weeks back, they wouldnt answer anything specific yet, just that its 6ba 1dd, and june is eta. They said no prototype to show or anything

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #3,629 of 5,890
I had asked for this and other details a few weeks back, they wouldnt answer anything specific yet, just that its 6ba 1dd, and june is eta. They said no prototype to show or anything
Since the AQ3 is new, and they don't have a prototype, I'll bet they DO use the same DD in this new one. Any word on what the name will be with these new flagships?

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #3,630 of 5,890

She did say 'Titanium' DD I'd guess the same as the AQ3, the T100 before that and TinKer iems (Audiosense old/Chinese only brand) before that. They sent me a Tinker single titanium Dynamic with my T800's as a freebie, does do tight well textured controlled bass, reminded me of my first set of Dunnu's, it's a good workhorse tbf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back