AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #3,632 of 5,890
New Head-Fier here! Ive been following this tread for couple of days now. Just pulled the trigger on the T800 and DT200!
The AQ3 is also very good. Mine have been at my mums for a month now and I finally picked them up yesterday. For the short listening session I had I was very happy.
Will let them burn in a bit then give them a proper listening session.
No one has really reviewed the DT200 so a bit unknown on how good they are but will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #3,634 of 5,890
She did say 'Titanium' DD I'd guess the same as the AQ3, the T100 before that and TinKer iems (Audiosense old/Chinese only brand) before that. They sent me a Tinker single titanium Dynamic with my T800's as a freebie, does do tight well textured controlled bass, reminded me of my first set of Dunnu's, it's a good workhorse tbf

Would be nice to see a beryllium DD :)

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #3,636 of 5,890
Mar 2, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #3,637 of 5,890
Amen to that!
Yes, yes it would.

Even though I've never heard the AQ3, from reading all of the various impressions and comments it seemed like many people felt the bass (from the dynamic) was good but not up to par with the Knowles BAs. I just got the feeling whatever dynamic they used was not a match on the same quality level, like the dynamic was more run of the mill. I don't remember anyone really complaining about the mids or treble with the AQ3 - it was always the low end (which is all dynamic).

My point is that if Audiosense is gonna make a true flagship with a dynamic driver, they have a already set a high bar with the T800. So I feel that they're gonna need to up their game with regards to the dynamic. Graphene sprayed drivers are a gimmick, but I think a good beryllium driver can prove to be the ticket with this model. Of course, driver material isn't the only consideration and doesn't guarantee excellent results. But it sure does go a long way. I have yet to hear a beryllium earphone that I didn't like.

Just my $0.02

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #3,639 of 5,890
Even though I've never heard the AQ3, from reading all of the various impressions and comments it seemed like many people felt the bass (from the dynamic) was good but not up to par with the Knowles BAs. I just got the feeling whatever dynamic they used was not a match on the same quality level, like the dynamic was more run of the mill. I don't remember anyone really complaining about the mids or treble with the AQ3 - it was always the low end (which is all dynamic).

My point is that if Audiosense is gonna make a true flagship with a dynamic driver, they have a already set a high bar with the T800. So I feel that they're gonna need to up their game with regards to the dynamic. Graphene sprayed drivers are a gimmick, but I think a good beryllium driver can prove to be the ticket with this model. Of course, driver material isn't the only consideration and doesn't guarantee excellent results. But it sure does go a long way. I have yet to hear a beryllium earphone that I didn't like.

Just my $0.02

I wouldn't say the Dynamic bellow the level of the Knowles BA's, more compliments and almost blends, unlike other hybrids I tried where you can often separate the 2 techs. Be interested to see if they use a low frequency Vented BA almost blended over the lower frequencies of the dynamic

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #3,640 of 5,890
Would also be very expensive sadly, Audiosense the final word in utilitarian component selection

While it is true that beryllium drivers are more expensive than other materials, they are certainly not prohibitively expensive.

I build my own earphones, and depending on the particular driver I can get a pair of good beryllium drivers for $15-$50. Urbanfun also has a few different beryllium earphones for $20 (both dynamic only and hybrid). If I was buying wholesale quantities direct from the factories, the cost would be a fraction of that.

Dunu is way overpriced IMO, so don't let that skew the perception that beryllium is very expensive. Sure, they offer a solid beryllium foil driver on their flagship, which I would love to hear. But the rest of their drivers are beryllium coated (just like everyone else) in various configurations.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #3,641 of 5,890
While it is true that beryllium drivers are more expensive than other materials, they are certainly not prohibitively expensive.

I build my own earphones, and depending on the particular driver I can get a pair of good beryllium drivers for $15-$50. Urbanfun also has a few different beryllium earphones for $20 (both dynamic only and hybrid). If I was buying wholesale quantities direct from the factories, the cost would be a fraction of that.

Dunu is way overpriced IMO, so don't let that skew the perception that beryllium is very expensive. Sure, they offer a solid beryllium foil driver on their flagship, which I would love to hear. But the rest of their drivers are beryllium coated (just like everyone else) in various configurations.

Well maybe they can bring some utilitarianism to pure beryllium and make it more affordable, I believe Leah do a more cost effective single beryllium driver iem at around 350 bucks so maybe is achievable. Audiosense are also prepared to take a fiscal hit to promote their brand like they did with the T800 only making small margins per unit, they may surprise us. I'm listening to some beryllium coated cans as we speak, does improve bass resolution

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #3,642 of 5,890

Yeah, I still have (and use) my beloved Xiaomi Piston 2.0 , and those are from way back in 2014. They are beryllium, and only cost $12.00. Though, in fairness, I think they were a beryllium alloy.

I have the rose gold and silver versions. :)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #3,643 of 5,890
Just this once I’m hoping you’re wrong :wink:. I have a dk 2001 on the way that I’m hoping is a side-grade to the t800. We shall see.

Mar 3, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #3,644 of 5,890
I received a new cable from Audiosense as a gift with aq3 headphones. I was told that this is a new product from the end of last year - 4 OCC Copper+4 sliver plate OFC copper cable.
393da167193c.jpg
ade3f54b1f2d.jpg

Mar 3, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #3,645 of 5,890
I received a new cable from Audiosense as a gift with aq3 headphones. I was told that this is a new product from the end of last year - 4 OCC Copper+4 sliver plate OFC copper cable.
393da167193c.jpg
ade3f54b1f2d.jpg
Yep, I got the same thing in my T800. So far I find them both to be good cables. Tell us your impressions of the AQ3?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back