AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #3,046 of 5,890
I just ordered the T800 after reading everything mentioned here. Thank you for the nice reviews which help newbies like me. No I am searching for a good cable. I have the cable thread here for reference, will pick something from the suggestions there.
Try posting on the cable thread and the helpful @hakuzen and others will give you great suggestions.

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #3,047 of 5,890
So after listening to the Andros, S8, Fh7 and T800. I can conclude while the T800 is bright, it's actually a warmer sounding iem compared to the rest. The Fiio FH7, Moondrop S8 and Andros all sound very different to each other. All have strengths and differences. 100% the T800 is the warmest out of all of them. When you keep swapping one by one, to my ears it sounds like the Andro is the clearest out of the 4, the FH7 is the most balanced, S8 is the one with most treble energy, T800 is the most warmest. But the T800 to my ears is the one with the details right at your face. Then come Andros, S8 and FH7. Now they all are seriously clear iems. And all honestly have great low end. FH7 would come first, T800, S8, Andros in terms of tightness. In terms of extension, T800, Andros, FH7 S8. In quantity, T800, Andros, FH7, S8. Mids I also find a big difference. Yes the T800 sound the more in the back but they sound correct. They also have the most timbre and thickness while still having great detail. The FH7 while sounding a bit more forward, feel like if the mids are more back then they should. They feel slightly distant but I do agree, this gives a great sense of depth. But detail ultimately feels the least compared to the other 3. The T800 to my ears I feel have the most detailed mids but in a controlled, laid back way. Very in your face but effortless. Andros bring the detail in a clear, crisp, airy way but sometimes lack some of that thickness than is needed in guitars. But clarity is awesome. The S8 is in between the T800 and Andros but some part in the mid sounds a bit shouty, but this only come rarely to me. Treble, is where it gets interesting. The T800 feels the warmest here as well. But in detail terms, it would be T800, Andros, FH7,S8. Even though the T800 feel the warmest, they still deliver the details without a loss of clarity. The Andros are crystal clear, more analytical, great for listening, but I wouldnt use as a every day iem. For me the Andros can be a bit more fatiguing after a while, but they are tuned very nicely. The FH7 have that extra sparkle, more so than T800 and Andros but it's done so so nicely, maybe it's one of the most cleanest trebles I have heard in an iem. It's energetic but yet very controlled. But I still do hear more detail in the other two. The S8 is a mix of all three, it sounds slightly similar to the T800 but weight in the treble to my ears lack a bit. It's energetic, maybe even more than the rest, but detail I feel is the least out of the rest. They all have a bright signature where clarity, detail and resolution is the focus. But they all do it in different tastes. Soundstage. Width for me goes to T800, Andro, S8, FH7. Height goes FH7, Andro, S8, T800. Imaging. T800,Fh7,Andro,S8. Depth, T800,Andro,FH7,S8. This is with me using the 9038s as source and using cable 171 with all iems. So far if I had to rank them. The T800 and FH7 are my favourtie out of the 4. Then Andro and S8. But damn, they all are great iems and honestly you can't go wrong with any. It may seem that the S8 are my least favourite but nope. I actually really really like them. What they do better than all the rest is being able to give a mixture of all of them and make you feel like you arent missing out. All are great iems :D

If you want fun, warmth, the most detail. But not the most balanced. T800 is the one to go for.

If you want a bit more balance, a bit more treble energy, high clarity, leaner mids. Andros are your poison. Very great for analytical listening.

If you want balance. Good for all day listening. Detail is the least. Great treble tuning. The FH7 is your pick.

If you want a mix of all them because you can't decide which to go for. The S8 is your pick.

Quick fix. By the Andromedas. I mean the 2019 version. So original, but newer.

Great comparison.
How did you find the bass of S8 compared to T800?
I'm listening to my T800 with a pure silver cable and white damper and its pretty much spot on tonally for me.
If I could change one thing, it would be the bass as the slower decay of T800 doesn't play the fast textured bass notes (planar bass lover). Though the T800 bass is fun and hits hard, sometimes I'd just want it a bit more tight. Does S8 also have vented bass drivers?

I'm really satisfied with my T800 at the moment, but the journey probably never ends, so I just wanted to know if I should try the S8 in the future. Currently I'm also trying the Fearless S8F as it is getting praised a lot, but T800 suits my tonal preferences more and its more fun sounding. :) While S8F has a tighter bass with faster transients overall, it has thicker lower mids and less upper treble which I'm not a huge fan of. Just wanted to share my initial impressions for anyone who is possibly deciding between the two. If I don't find anything special about S8F, it will probably go...

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #3,048 of 5,890
Great comparison.
How did you find the bass of S8 compared to T800?
I'm listening to my T800 with a pure silver cable and white damper and its pretty much spot on tonally for me.
If I could change one thing, it would be the bass as the slower decay of T800 doesn't play the fast textured bass notes (planar bass lover). Though the T800 bass is fun and hits hard, sometimes I'd just want it a bit more tight. Does S8 also have vented bass drivers?

I'm really satisfied with my T800 at the moment, but the journey probably never ends, so I just wanted to know if I should try the S8 in the future. Currently I'm also trying the Fearless S8F as it is getting praised a lot, but T800 suits my tonal preferences more and its more fun sounding. :) While S8F has a tighter bass with faster transients overall, it has thicker lower mids and less upper treble which I'm not a huge fan of. Just wanted to share my initial impressions for anyone who is possibly deciding between the two. If I don't find anything special about S8F, it will probably go...
The low end of the S8 is punchy, but I find the sub bass to lack just a bit of rumble and texture compared to the T800. Surprisingly I find the T800 very tight. Compared to a planar, yes it isnt in that level. But for a ba, it is very quick and tight for sure. Maybe the S8 has slightly tighter low end, but just the sub bass I found lacking a little for me. I currently am eyeing 3 iems. The Tin Hifi P1, Toneking P10 and TRI I3. I have asked a few people on here about the 3 and unfortunately no response about the TRI I3 yet. But the Tin Hifi P1 and Toneking P10 I have gained some nice info about. The Tin Hifi P1 has slightly more elevated highs but extension is very similar when compared to the Toneking P10. The P10 has more low end which was lacking on the Tin Hifi P1 and a few people have said the P10 sound more tonally correct. So the P10 looks very promising. I have asked further questions about detail, mids, clarity, soundstage and so on and if you'd like I can give the info I gain:D. But so far I'm leaning to the P10. They sure look sexy as well. I love that red and black on them.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #3,050 of 5,890
Does anyone own the Tin Hifi P1 and T800? Could you do a quick comparison :)
Don't have them with me as I'm in school now.

T800 has a more powerful bass but it is slower and to me boomy. P1 needs amping to get decent bass, but once you have it it is really good quality.

Mids are much better on the P1 as it sounds so natural.

Highs are sibilant on the T800 but very detailed. The P1 is just as detailed but not sibilant and lesser in quantity which to me is perfect.

But you NEED to have a powerful amp with the P1 otherwise don't even bother getting them and they don't fit as good as the T800 nor as comfortable ( T800 are a bit too big for me but they definitely win in that regard )

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #3,052 of 5,890
Don't have them with me as I'm in school now.

T800 has a more powerful bass but it is slower and to me boomy. P1 needs amping to get decent bass, but once you have it it is really good quality.

Mids are much better on the P1 as it sounds so natural.

Highs are sibilant on the T800 but very detailed. The P1 is just as detailed but not sibilant and lesser in quantity which to me is perfect.

But you NEED to have a powerful amp with the P1 otherwise don't even bother getting them and they don't fit as good as the T800 nor as comfortable ( T800 are a bit too big for me but they definitely win in that regard )
I got the E1DA 9038s haha. So power is no issue. And it's a planar. Easy to eq some low end :D.

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #3,053 of 5,890
Does anyone own the Tin Hifi P1 and T800? Could you do a quick comparison :)
I auditioned P1 shortly before I had T800 and to my ears, the P1 was a bit sibilant - issues in upper treble, typical for even full sized big planars, while T800 has perfect treble for me (I decided to change the damper just to tame the upper mids a bit). Since Goku reported he hears it the other way around, it probably just depends whether the peaks fall in our "sensitive freq. range", as every ear is different.

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #3,054 of 5,890
Hi all, i just received my t800, i found that left right ear sound seem imbalance, some sound hear in right ear but not in left ear. Is that any1 have this issue before ?
Is that in every song? Maybe check your cable

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #3,055 of 5,890
Truelight sometimes they just need to play for a few hours to get all the newness out. I always give iems time to open up regardless of driver type and I can honestly say several in my collection would be drawer dwellers if I went by first listen.

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #3,056 of 5,890
Is that in every song? Maybe check your cable
Hi i just listen to the mv tell me, i find the instrument sound for the box drum and maraca, left right ear imbalance, 1 is clear than another.

Another more clear mv as below, u may fast forward to 1 min, since start singing there is seem maraca instrument sound in almost whole mv. But i just feel 1 side is clearer than another side. Some time another side totally don't hv the instrument sound.

I don't hv another mmcx cable only 0.78.
Maybe tmr i go some headphone shop try it.

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #3,057 of 5,890
Truelight sometimes they just need to play for a few hours to get all the newness out. I always give iems time to open up regardless of driver type and I can honestly say several in my collection would be drawer dwellers if I went by first listen.

Maybe you are right, will try more sometime.
I very like it too, a lot details instrument sound i may not notice in my previous chifi, but found in t800

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #3,058 of 5,890
Hi i just listen to the mv tell me, i find the instrument sound for the box drum and maraca, left right ear imbalance, 1 is clear than another.

Another more clear mv as below, u may fast forward to 1 min, since start singing there is seem maraca instrument sound in almost whole mv. But i just feel 1 side is clearer than another side. Some time another side totally don't hv the instrument sound.

I don't hv another mmcx cable only 0.78.
Maybe tmr i go some headphone shop try it.

I think I hear what you're hearing and it's in the mix.

There are instruments with heavy placement in the right ear and then sometimes on the left . dun.. dundundundun ...dun...dun... has heavy imaging on the right then sometimes on the left with less emphasis and on the occasion pans from right to left.
Lead singer is in the center, back up singers to the left and right.

There seems to be some imbalance in the mix. It sounds like in some parts the mix is forward in the right than the left and then balances out in the chorus.

Also check your cables to make sure they're in phase.

The balance in this song is spot on check it out.

It sounds just at their arrange guitar on the left singer it's centered, bass in the right and behind drum behind and on the left. You can even here the resonance of the room.

The imaging is so good on T800 that on a mix with flaws it will show you.

Let us know...

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #3,059 of 5,890
After more listening of the T800. They have actually made me decide not to get another iem yet. To much is too good on them. I honestly don't understand how the low end is bloated or muddy as some have said though. Even cleg (porta fi) agrees it's extremely fast, tight and clean.. What I also notice is, if the mastering has bad low end, muddy mids, or highs that are sibilant. The T800 will give it to you. That I am extremely sure many will agree on. About the imaging as well. Some songs I have heard the imaging to be sounding off. Some iems can slightly pull it off but the T800 do it so precisely and unforgivingly. They can make your playlist sound seriously amazing or meh. It's a double edged sword.

Dec 17, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #3,060 of 5,890
After more listening of the T800. They have actually made me decide not to get another iem yet. To much is too good on them. I honestly don't understand how the low end is bloated or muddy as some have said though. Even cleg (porta fi) agrees it's extremely fast, tight and clean.. What I also notice is, if the mastering has bad low end, muddy mids, or highs that are sibilant. The T800 will give it to you. That I am extremely sure many will agree on. About the imaging as well. Some songs I have heard the imaging to be sounding off. Some iems can slightly pull it off but the T800 do it so precisely and unforgivingly. They can make your playlist sound seriously amazing or meh. It's a double edged sword.

Maybe it's tip and source dependant, though I can see why a lot of folks expecting a typical BA bass may call it "muddy". The T800 doesn't really sound like a typical BA bass, as it has a slight decay and subbass quantity and extension to around 30ish Hz, which is not common in a BA bass.

I like the T800 bass a lot, though I'm coming from a basshead view point that likes decay and DD type bass quantities/extension. I have auditioned some pricier all BA sets like QDCs, multi driver Westones and other customs and they do have subjectively faster and more accurate bass than the T800, but at the expense of sounding not as "fun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back