AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #3,031 of 5,890
For anyone interested, I posted a review of the shuoer EJ07 where I compare it with the T800 -
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shuoer-impressions-thread.916267/page-60#post-15363654

For anyone wondering, the T800 holds up very well aside the EJ07, but I personally prefer the EJ07. The T800 is a fun sound, whereas the EJ07 is natural sounding IEM that excels in all music genres and can easily handle anything you throw at it. I actually prefer the T800 soundstage, and the T800 bass hits harder (tho decays slower).

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #3,032 of 5,890
So I have a pair of T800’s coming soon, and just wanted to get some advice on fit and stuff, as I’ve heard they can be kinda finicky with those things. I have a full set of JVC spiral dots I can try, but I don’t have any DAC. Do I need a dac/amp for these or are they ok without one?

I also have an IFI IE match I use to lower the impedance of the source if necessary.
I use the stock foams... they are very very good. They gave really upped their game in recent batches the new cables aren't bad either.

90% of the time I listen through my Note 8 with great results but they do sound better on my e18 and Xduoo because BASS Boost!

These are a perfect example of price doesn't equal performance. I like them better than anything I owned before including my (sold) se846. Others like them better than their Andros.

I'm not using any extra filters either as they have a really good natural sound in the mids for a full BA set.

I wouldn't worry about getting anything new until you've listened to them.

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #3,033 of 5,890
For anyone interested, I posted a review of the shuoer EJ07 where I compare it with the T800 -
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shuoer-impressions-thread.916267/page-60#post-15363654

For anyone wondering, the T800 holds up very well aside the EJ07, but I personally prefer the EJ07. The T800 is a fun sound, whereas the EJ07 is natural sounding IEM that excels in all music genres and can easily handle anything you throw at it. I actually prefer the T800 soundstage, and the T800 bass hits harder (tho decays slower).
Cool, I don't listen to metal and for deep house where I want a big soundstage and vocalist like Sabrina Claudio where they sound like I'm in the front row of a large night club they give it to me.

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #3,034 of 5,890
I use the stock foams... they are very very good. They gave really upped their game in recent batches the new cables aren't bad either.

90% of the time I listen through my Note 8 with great results but they do sound better on my e18 and Xduoo because BASS Boost!

These are a perfect example of price doesn't equal performance. I like them better than anything I owned before including my (sold) se846. Others like them better than their Andros.

I'm not using any extra filters either as they have a really good natural sound in the mids for a full BA set.

I wouldn't worry about getting anything new until you've listened to them.
Awesome, thanks! I bought them used from someone on here for $185 shipped, which is a nice deal. Should these be a solid upgrade over my KZ AS10’s?

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #3,035 of 5,890
Awesome, thanks! I bought them used from someone on here for $185 shipped, which is a nice deal. Should these be a solid upgrade over my KZ AS10’s?
Huge upgrade, I love kz it pained me to sell my friend my Zs10 pro but he knew that I got my T800 and he begged me so they went but the T800 is in an entire different league from the AS10 in terms of timbre.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #3,036 of 5,890
Huge upgrade, I love kz it pained me to sell my friend my Zs10 pro but he knew that I got my T800 and he begged me so they went but the T800 is in an entire different league from the AS10 in terms of timbre.
That’s good to hear. I also had some Massdrop Plus IEM’s for a little bit, but they didn’t impress me and didn’t seem any better than the KZ’s.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #3,037 of 5,890
T800 smokes everything I own, AS10s included. The T800s fixed up with Spirals and Copper cable is most neutral that I hear. I use the AZLA SednaEarFit tips which seal really well but they are pricey (4 tips is $15 US).
I was ready to do whatever was necessary but stock T800, Copper cable, Azla Earfits are my best sounding setup. Listen to them for a bit before you buy stuff you may not need. Tell us whats good and not good and we’ll see how we can help!
Fun iems...

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #3,038 of 5,890

But you also got to remember. The EJ07 is nearly tripple the price. If the T800 is holding up, it shows how much price to performamce it has :). What I find is that the T800, the mids are positioned correctly. Some iems where the mids are forward, yes it'a crystal clear. But in some songs where the mids have been made forward, thats where the issue comes in. But thanks for the comparison. For a proper upgrade I know it'll be hard for many. I think best thing to do is wait for Audiosense and see what they bring out next as their flagship

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #3,039 of 5,890
But you also got to remember. The EJ07 is nearly tripple the price. If the T800 is holding up, it shows how much price to performamce it has :)
Absolutely. The fact I wasn't immediately blown away when I heard the EJ07, and it felt more like an incremental upgrade, shows just how strong the T800 is. I think audiosense was able to squeeze everything they could out of the 8 BA design, particularly in the bass department. I'm still not sold on electrostats for highs, but I am definitely sold on DD for bass. I hope audiosense goes all out and releases a TOTL hybrid in the future. It needs to happen.

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #3,040 of 5,890
Absolutely. The fact I wasn't immediately blown away when I heard the EJ07, and it felt more like an incremental upgrade, shows just how strong the T800 is. I think audiosense was able to squeeze everything they could out of the 8 BA design, particularly in the bass department. I'm still not sold on electrostats for highs, but I am definitely sold on DD for bass. I hope audiosense goes all out and releases a TOTL hybrid in the future. It needs to happen.
Yes I agree. Dynamic drivers will always be the best for low end. The Azla 01RMKii is the best iem I have heard for low end in a very long time. It's as fast as a planar magnetic, tight and clean like a planar. But hits so much harder. I really want it haha.

How is detail retrieval of the T800 compared to the EJ07?

:) What would be insane is if they made a hybrid with a dynamic for the low end. 4 BAs for mids. And 3 BAs for treble. Smoothen out the tuning while still having that insane low end that is tighter and quicker. Mids that are just a bit more forward. And treble the extends further while being smoother. Or a planar magnetic iem that is tuned perfectly. I love planars but I havent found the iem yet that is tuned perfectly unless spending a whole ton of cash for it. Which I do not want to do

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #3,041 of 5,890
Cool, I don't listen to metal and for deep house where I want a big soundstage and vocalist like Sabrina Claudio where they sound like I'm in the front row of a large night club they give it to me.

yes house & metal are my 2 fav genres (deep house/soulful house/garage). Love the T800 for house, it's perfect for it. Were I not also a metal head I wouldn't have been curious to look anywhere else. The T800 hits all the right notes for house & electronic music.
Yes I agree. Dynamic drivers will always be the best for low end. The Azla 01RMKii is the best iem I have heard for low end in a very long time. It's as fast as a planar magnetic, tight and clean like a planar. But hits so much harder. I really want it haha.

How is detail retrieval of the T800 compared to the EJ07?

:) What would be insane is if they made a hybrid with a dynamic for the low end. 4 BAs for mids. And 3 BAs for treble. Smoothen out the tuning while still having that insane low end that is tighter and quicker. Mids that are just a bit more forward. And treble the extends further while being smoother. Or a planar magnetic iem that is tuned perfectly. I love planars but I havent found the iem yet that is tuned perfectly unless spending a whole ton of cash for it. Which I do not want to do
detail retrieval is good. really really good. that's why the EJ07 is amazing. I think it has all of that fantastic timbre and tonality that reminds me of the Blon BL-03, but at the same time it excels at micro details and separation. The forward presentation of the mids makes the stage feel small. However, it still manages to reveal all the details and nuances in music, especially in rock & metal where I can hear the string vibrating after being stroked by a pic... the BL-03 almost gets this but the EJ07 takes it to another level. & the T800 simply can't reproduce it. The T800 however has that holographic stage height where you hear details coming at you from different angles in a really cool/fun way. I think that's maybe due to having multiple BAs positioned in different parts of the shell handling the treble. The electrostats present the details in a much more linear fashion (which some people prefer... but I find myself missing the T800 in that regard). The details and clarity are all there, just presented differently.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #3,043 of 5,890
yes house & metal are my 2 fav genres (deep house/soulful house/garage). Love the T800 for house, it's perfect for it. Were I not also a metal head I wouldn't have been curious to look anywhere else. The T800 hits all the right notes for house & electronic music.

detail retrieval is good. really really good. that's why the EJ07 is amazing. I think it has all of that fantastic timbre and tonality that reminds me of the Blon BL-03, but at the same time it excels at micro details and separation. The forward presentation of the mids makes the stage feel small. However, it still manages to reveal all the details and nuances in music, especially in rock & metal where I can hear the string vibrating after being stroked by a pic... the BL-03 almost gets this but the EJ07 takes it to another level. & the T800 simply can't reproduce it. The T800 however has that holographic stage height where you hear details coming at you from different angles in a really cool/fun way. I think that's maybe due to having multiple BAs positioned in different parts of the shell handling the treble. The electrostats present the details in a much more linear fashion (which some people prefer... but I find myself missing the T800 in that regard). The details and clarity are all there, just presented differently.
Very interesting. I may have to check them out. I currently am looking at the Toneking P10 which is a planar iem. I am currently waiting for more impressions :)

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #3,044 of 5,890
Very interesting. I may have to check them out. I currently am looking at the Toneking P10 which is a planar iem. I am currently waiting for more impressions :)

The **** ST7 is going for $300 less than the EJ07 on aliexpress right now. Absolutely insane deal as many are saying the ST7 is an exact copy of the EJ07. It is likely just a promotional price, as the ST7 listed by another seller at closer to the EJ07 price. If you have any interest in a tri-brid, I would jump on that deal, as it will likely go away soon. Especially if these start getting more hype, as I imagine they soon will.

edit: no joke, I check today and the $549 deal on the ST07 is dead. It was available this morning, and it's been at that price for a few weeks. Now it's $799 :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #3,045 of 5,890
viper4android reduces / limits the sampling - worse quality can be anything but the intention for audiophiles, better go with jamesdsp (and root via Magisk)
Agreed!

I had the same problem after my BTR5 arrived. Also, Viper doesn't work with LDAC. Solved the problem by abandoning Viper4android, and going for JamesDSP instead. It has the main functionalities of Viper (DDC for EQ, Bass boost, and other stuff - I only use a slight bass boost on the T800s, and DDC and bass boost on Senn HD58X and AT M50X), and the beauty of it is that it doesn't care about the sample rate and/or codec. I'm running stable LDAC 660 Kbps with Tidal/Spotify. I do miss sometimes the Field Sorround for old-ish stereo-era music, where instruments are hard panned on the sides, and the Dynamic System Bass Boost was superior to James', but it's a fair compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back