AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #3,016 of 5,890
I just ordered the T800 after reading everything mentioned here. Thank you for the nice reviews which help newbies like me. No I am searching for a good cable. I have the cable thread here for reference, will pick something from the suggestions there.

Dec 14, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #3,017 of 5,890
I just ordered the T800 after reading everything mentioned here. Thank you for the nice reviews which help newbies like me. No I am searching for a good cable. I have the cable thread here for reference, will pick something from the suggestions there.

The stock cable is quite good IMHO. My T800 was one of the pioneer sets, but I heard that they gave out better cables in the more recently sold T800s.
So just try the stock cables out first and see if u like it before going on to purchase aftermarket cables.
Though you might wanna consider knowles dampers and damper remover tool if you are treble sensitive.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #3,019 of 5,890
I bought this for my T800 it's the same one in my avatar OFHC 24 AWG 6N High Purity Copper Cable

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #3,020 of 5,890
So after listening to the Andros, S8, Fh7 and T800. I can conclude while the T800 is bright, it's actually a warmer sounding iem compared to the rest. The Fiio FH7, Moondrop S8 and Andros all sound very different to each other. All have strengths and differences. 100% the T800 is the warmest out of all of them. When you keep swapping one by one, to my ears it sounds like the Andro is the clearest out of the 4, the FH7 is the most balanced, S8 is the one with most treble energy, T800 is the most warmest. But the T800 to my ears is the one with the details right at your face. Then come Andros, S8 and FH7. Now they all are seriously clear iems. And all honestly have great low end. FH7 would come first, T800, S8, Andros in terms of tightness. In terms of extension, T800, Andros, FH7 S8. In quantity, T800, Andros, FH7, S8. Mids I also find a big difference. Yes the T800 sound the more in the back but they sound correct. They also have the most timbre and thickness while still having great detail. The FH7 while sounding a bit more forward, feel like if the mids are more back then they should. They feel slightly distant but I do agree, this gives a great sense of depth. But detail ultimately feels the least compared to the other 3. The T800 to my ears I feel have the most detailed mids but in a controlled, laid back way. Very in your face but effortless. Andros bring the detail in a clear, crisp, airy way but sometimes lack some of that thickness than is needed in guitars. But clarity is awesome. The S8 is in between the T800 and Andros but some part in the mid sounds a bit shouty, but this only come rarely to me. Treble, is where it gets interesting. The T800 feels the warmest here as well. But in detail terms, it would be T800, Andros, FH7,S8. Even though the T800 feel the warmest, they still deliver the details without a loss of clarity. The Andros are crystal clear, more analytical, great for listening, but I wouldnt use as a every day iem. For me the Andros can be a bit more fatiguing after a while, but they are tuned very nicely. The FH7 have that extra sparkle, more so than T800 and Andros but it's done so so nicely, maybe it's one of the most cleanest trebles I have heard in an iem. It's energetic but yet very controlled. But I still do hear more detail in the other two. The S8 is a mix of all three, it sounds slightly similar to the T800 but weight in the treble to my ears lack a bit. It's energetic, maybe even more than the rest, but detail I feel is the least out of the rest. They all have a bright signature where clarity, detail and resolution is the focus. But they all do it in different tastes. Soundstage. Width for me goes to T800, Andro, S8, FH7. Height goes FH7, Andro, S8, T800. Imaging. T800,Fh7,Andro,S8. Depth, T800,Andro,FH7,S8. This is with me using the 9038s as source and using cable 171 with all iems. So far if I had to rank them. The T800 and FH7 are my favourtie out of the 4. Then Andro and S8. But damn, they all are great iems and honestly you can't go wrong with any. It may seem that the S8 are my least favourite but nope. I actually really really like them. What they do better than all the rest is being able to give a mixture of all of them and make you feel like you arent missing out. All are great iems :D

If you want fun, warmth, the most detail. But not the most balanced. T800 is the one to go for.

If you want a bit more balance, a bit more treble energy, high clarity, leaner mids. Andros are your poison. Very great for analytical listening.

If you want balance. Good for all day listening. Detail is the least. Great treble tuning. The FH7 is your pick.

If you want a mix of all them because you can't decide which to go for. The S8 is your pick.

Quick fix. By the Andromedas. I mean the 2019 version. So original, but newer.
Excellent review and comparison of them. It's hard to go wrong here. It's all up to your budget and your sonic preferences. The T800 are end game for me, I can't see how anything else could actually be better only different. For my budget and what I prefer sonically they're perfect.

My interest in the S8 is their beauty. They look like Swarovski crystals for your ears. I hoped they sound beautiful as well and they do. They could be a winner for moondrop.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,027 of 5,890
Excellent review and comparison of them. It's hard to go wrong here. It's all up to your budget and your sonic preferences. The T800 are end game for me, I can't see how anything else could actually be better only different. For my budget and what I prefer sonically they're perfect.

My interest in the S8 is their beauty. They look like Swarovski crystals for your ears. I hoped they sound beautiful as well and they do. They could be a winner for moondrop.
The S8 are gorgeous iems, I can 100% agree with you there. But they also sound very nice as well :). But the T800 are also my end game. They give me everything I want in a iem. I honestly don't feel like im missing out on anything. I do want to get my hands on the Azla 01RMKII though. I listened to them once and honestly I can't forget them. I need them.

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #3,028 of 5,890
Great comparison, you seem to find both their strengths and weaknesses. It sounds like to me in your conclusion that you can't go wrong with either but you have to find the one that suits your sonic preferences. I haven't heard the FH7 before but I do like Fiio's products in general.

Personally I haven't found the T800 wanting for anything as they easily surpass anything that I've owned prior including the se846. For the genre of music I listen to they're perfect. If I ever get the chance to listen to the FH7 that might change.

Be sure to report back when you receive the Moondrop S8 with another comparison. I've been waiting for BGGR to do his review but for some reason he only released a A8 vs S8 audio comparison that I do not think does either of them justice.

Question: How well does the Shure BT dongle work with the T800? A wireless option sounds nice.
Thanks! I definitely prefer the FH7 for most scenarios due to my experiences with the Etymotic ER4XR and Focal Elex since they share more similarities than not in terms of tuning. What genres would you say the T800's are better suited for? The FH7's are wonderful for pop and female vocals.

I ordered S8 customs so it'll be a month or so before I can get my hands on them. I'm also waiting for BGGAR's review of them and will definitely let you know how they are when in hand (also that background noise and volume mismatch in the BGGAR vid makes it hard to judge the two). It seems that HardstyleLoco96 hit the nail on the head in saying that it encompasses different aspects of the others without anything that is inherently offensive. Like many chi-fi tunings, it has a very vocal-forward presentation. This will be my first set of CIEM's so I'm stoked and can't wait! I wonder if the CIEM will sound different from the universals but what I am sure of in the meantime is that the month-long wait is gonna kill me haha. Can't wait to admire the solid resin with all of its 8BA glory inside. I swear this set looks like jewelry just from how crystalline the finish is. Enough of my fanboying.

Anyways to answer your question about the Shure RMCE-BT2 pairing with the T800's, I found some glaring issues. The MMCX connector was super loose and wobbly and would come out with only a small amount of force. I had to slide a small strip of Zip-Loc bag material into the connector to fill in the empty space, then used a small O-ring between the connector and housing to prevent it from spinning or tilting. After this, the only problem left was the unreliable connection. For running and such, the connection seemed to be fine. However, if I were to wear an extra layer or more of clothes over the receiver or had my phone on the other side of my body, the connection would fall apart making it unusable. I also found that walking around in the city would also cause many dropouts which are most likely due to interference from many other devices. Other than that, I found it to be a wonderful workout and commute IEM since the footprint was so small with minimal cable snagging. I simply clipped it to the back of my shirt collar and hung the IEM's over my shoulders when not in use. Great for doing work at noisy coffee shops and being isolated from the world.

I also wrote to Shure customer support and after a week, still no response. I'm quite disappointed in their service and am disappointed for the quality of the product despite the price. The only problem is that there aren't any solid alternatives out on the market just yet but I'd love to know if there are. Let me know if you want me to describe the whole connector mod thing in more detail. Cheers!

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #3,029 of 5,890
Thanks! I definitely prefer the FH7 for most scenarios due to my experiences with the Etymotic ER4XR and Focal Elex since they share more similarities than not in terms of tuning. What genres would you say the T800's are better suited for? The FH7's are wonderful for pop and female vocals.

I ordered S8 customs so it'll be a month or so before I can get my hands on them. I'm also waiting for BGGAR's review of them and will definitely let you know how they are when in hand (also that background noise and volume mismatch in the BGGAR vid makes it hard to judge the two). It seems that HardstyleLoco96 hit the nail on the head in saying that it encompasses different aspects of the others without anything that is inherently offensive. Like many chi-fi tunings, it has a very vocal-forward presentation. This will be my first set of CIEM's so I'm stoked and can't wait! I wonder if the CIEM will sound different from the universals but what I am sure of in the meantime is that the month-long wait is gonna kill me haha. Can't wait to admire the solid resin with all of its 8BA glory inside. I swear this set looks like jewelry just from how crystalline the finish is. Enough of my fanboying.

Anyways to answer your question about the Shure RMCE-BT2 pairing with the T800's, I found some glaring issues. The MMCX connector was super loose and wobbly and would come out with only a small amount of force. I had to slide a small strip of Zip-Loc bag material into the connector to fill in the empty space, then used a small O-ring between the connector and housing to prevent it from spinning or tilting. After this, the only problem left was the unreliable connection. For running and such, the connection seemed to be fine. However, if I were to wear an extra layer or more of clothes over the receiver or had my phone on the other side of my body, the connection would fall apart making it unusable. I also found that walking around in the city would also cause many dropouts which are most likely due to interference from many other devices. Other than that, I found it to be a wonderful workout and commute IEM since the footprint was so small with minimal cable snagging. I simply clipped it to the back of my shirt collar and hung the IEM's over my shoulders when not in use. Great for doing work at noisy coffee shops and being isolated from the world.

I also wrote to Shure customer support and after a week, still no response. I'm quite disappointed in their service and am disappointed for the quality of the product despite the price. The only problem is that there aren't any solid alternatives out on the market just yet but I'd love to know if there are. Let me know if you want me to describe the whole connector mod thing in more detail. Cheers!
I am sure you'll love the S8. Awesome iems. Great for every day listening. The T800 sound amazing with fast paced edm, or any sort of edm. Rap/hip. Instrumental. Live recordings. Classic rock /60s/70s/. 80s tracks sound amazing. And 90s grunge is awesome as well. Honestly I can't really say what shines with the T800. Every genre I have thrown on them sounds great. What I really found is that source, cable and eartips make the T800 either sound better with a different genre and sharper with another or sometimes very muddy in the low end with everything. But I think I found the perfect balanced now. The FH7 though. Damn. Some songs just sound insanely good. It's easier to find the right eartips and source as well. But when I crave detail with a very intense sound. The T800 do deliver it. But I think the FH7 is more of an all day listening. The T800 can make you feel to tappy on the feet sometimes.....

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #3,030 of 5,890
So I have a pair of T800’s coming soon, and just wanted to get some advice on fit and stuff, as I’ve heard they can be kinda finicky with those things. I have a full set of JVC spiral dots I can try, but I don’t have any DAC. Do I need a dac/amp for these or are they ok without one?

I also have an IFI IE match I use to lower the impedance of the source if necessary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back