AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #2,821 of 5,890
Crinacle probably has much more expensive and higher quality IEMs to compare with as a baseline and he definitely has heard more gear and has more experience than me, but I have auditioned or owned almost 40 IEMs so far in my life, and I personally would rank the T800 as the best midfi IEM to my ears. Personally, I would disagree with it not being competitive in the $300 range, as the T800 does smoke some midfi western and CHIFI IEMs I have auditioned or owned, some even costing more than the T800.

Well this hobby is very subjective, we all have our sonic preferences, and preferred music genres. We also use different sources, and Crinacle from what I know uses a iFi iDSD Micro Black Label to power his gear, so maybe for certain sensitive and low impedance IEMs like T800, the synergy isn't as good with certain sources.
He is just one reviewer, and it really depends if your sonic preferences align with his. I do respect his opinions, though there's been quite a number of IEMs I didn't agree with for his reviews, having heard them firsthand.

There's also lots of other reviewers like BGGAR etc that like the T800, so at the end of the day, just trust your own ears. Everyone is free to make their subjective opinions, but you don't have to take their word as the gospel truth, especially if u are happy with your set.
I have heard the Ifi IDSD Micro Black Label and it is a great dac/amp but I can say that the Fiio Q5/Qs and even the E1DA 9038s sonically are better dac/amps.

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #2,822 of 5,890
I know what you mean about coming full circle. I loved the sound stock, but wanted to see how far I could push it, so I tip rolled/cable swapped, and for a while I settled on spiral dots + copper cable. But one day I decided to go back to the SPC cable, and couldn't believe how much detail I was missing (to my ears...). I realize I just don't like what copper does to the details, despite it sounding a bit less harsh compared to SPC. So I rolled with spiral dots + SPC, but always hated spiral dot fit (they're just too loose on the T800 imo) and eventually ended up with the sednas. The sednas are like a revelation in terms of fit, but they brought the harshness back in certain genres of music & poor recordings (azla actually advertises that they increase treble!). I can listen to deep house/indie music all day with the sednas, but unfortunately metal/low bit-rate content sucks w/o EQ, so I kind of avoid those genres & save them for some of my other IEMs. So I hope I this mod will make the T800 my all-purpose daily driver again. I mainly listen on-the-go so fit & ease of use is just as important as sound. Also over this time I also changed sources from a V30+ to a Oneplus 7T + 9038S. Which of course also affected the sound (for the better!)
It really is a delicate balance. And with these sensitive IEMs little things can make highly noticeable difference, as we all have experienced. It's just so surprising to me how wide the spectrum is in here - no clear consensus on copper vs SPC, narrow vs wide bore tips, stock filter vs new filters, etc etc. I think the only thing that we can all agree on is you need a quality, low impedance source :wink:.

How much playtime are getting from your 7T + 9038S?
I'm thinking about upgrading from my 5T and forget about DAPs since 9038S sound much better than midrange DAPs (it destroys my DX120 and R5)..

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #2,823 of 5,890
How much playtime are getting from your 7T + 9038S?
I'm thinking about upgrading from my 5T and forget about DAPs since 9038S sound much better than midrange DAPs (it destroys my DX120 and R5)..
yeah, the 9038S is a little beast. I haven't really done any really long listening sessions, but to give you an idea, I leave home and put my earphones in around 7:30am to walk to the bus stop (I take a company bus to/from work every day). I arrive at my office around 8:45am. Battery is usually around 90% by that point mainly listening to music. With my usage pattern of roughly 2-3 hours of music per day + moderate SOT, I get by with around 30-40% to spare. In IEM mode the 7T really handles the 9038S well, especially for my usage pattern, but not sure how that fits in with your needs.

Nov 28, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #2,824 of 5,890
So I just want to let everyone know that the E1DA 9038s is probably the best pairing I have heard with the T800. The Fiio Q5/Q5s is extremely close but the 9038s has a smoother treble to my ears. The Q5s has a bit more sparkle to my ears and maybe just a tad more detail. Mids are extremely close, seriously close, maybe the Q5s has a bit more detail but the 9038s to me has nicer, fuller more natural mids which I feel pair better with the T800. The low end for me the 9038s wins. The Q5s is a bit faster and tighter but the 9038s is no slouch and has this authority to it that is addictive. I actually was singing out loud haha. It is a very clean low end and even though the Q5s might be slightly more tighter and faster, I am happy to sacrifice a bit of that for some more oomph, like I said the 9038s is no slouch it still is very fast and tight and clean. Soundstage the Q5s I feel may be slightly larger but the 9038s to me I feel has better imaging and a blacker background which gives the T800 extremely pin point imaging and a lotttt of air to breathe, depth feels bigger on the 9038s due the extremely black background but I think Q5s and 9038s may be the same in depth. Now what really matters is the price to performance. The 9038s is around 80 USD and the Fiio Q5S is around 350 USD. Yes the Fiio Q5s has it'a on battery and bluetooth and all the rest. But if you are looking for SQ purely and are going to use it with the T800. For my personal taste, the E1DA 9038s hands down is the one to go for. You get so much for so little. Extemely good stuff :D. I rate 12/10.

A mode switch and volume control would be great but I think that may be coming in the near future :wink: that would get a 15/10 haha.

Nov 28, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #2,825 of 5,890
What amp do you use whit the q5s? I have the am3d it has better controlled bass and better stage and details and better and cleaner resolution then the am3e. But also it has 1.5ohm output resistance i think thats the main reason why the e1da sounds so good whit the t800

ps. I hope you dont want to spend more money now on the am3d
So I just want to let everyone know that the E1DA 9038s is probably the best pairing I have heard with the T800. The Fiio Q5/Q5s is extremely close but the 9038s has a smoother treble to my ears. The Q5s has a bit more sparkle to my ears and maybe just a tad more detail. Mids are extremely close, seriously close, maybe the Q5s has a bit more detail but the 9038s to me has nicer, fuller more natural mids which I feel pair better with the T800. The low end for me the 9038s wins. The Q5s is a bit faster and tighter but the 9038s is no slouch and has this authority to it that is addictive. I actually was singing out loud haha. It is a very clean low end and even though the Q5s might be slightly more tighter and faster, I am happy to sacrifice a bit of that for some more oomph, like I said the 9038s is no slouch it still is very fast and tight and clean. Soundstage the Q5s I feel may be slightly larger but the 9038s to me I feel has better imaging and a blacker background which gives the T800 extremely pin point imaging and a lotttt of air to breathe, depth feels bigger on the 9038s due the extremely black background but I think Q5s and 9038s may be the same in depth. Now what really matters is the price to performance. The 9038s is around 80 USD and the Fiio Q5S is around 350 USD. Yes the Fiio Q5s has it'a on battery and bluetooth and all the rest. But if you are looking for SQ purely and are going to use it with the T800. For my personal taste, the E1DA 9038s hands down is the one to go for. You get so much for so little. Extemely good stuff :D. I rate 12/10.

A mode switch and volume control would be great but I think that may be coming in the near future :wink: that would get a 15/10 haha.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #2,826 of 5,890
What amp do you use whit the q5s? I have the am3d it has better controlled bass and better stage and details and better and cleaner resolution then the am3e. But also it has 1.5ohm output resistance i think thats the main reason why the e1da sounds so good whit the t800

ps. I hope you dont want to spend more money now on the am3d

I am using the am3d as well. The 9038s is very close to it. Extremely close. But I can hear a bit more detail with the Q5s and am3d but the 9038s sounds natural and effortless also the low end for personally is better and the back ground is pitch black. Could be due to the higher output though on the Am3d not fitting the needs of the T800. But honestly, the 9038s is insanely good. The Q5s is very good to. But what amazes me is the price to performance of the 9038s.

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #2,827 of 5,890
Yes the price is really nice do you drive it whit your phone how is the battery usage ?
I am using the am3d as well. The 9038s is very close to it. Extremely close. But I can hear a bit more detail with the Q5s and am3d but the 9038s sounds natural and effortless also the low end for personally is better and the back ground is pitch black. Could be due to the higher output though on the Am3d not fitting the needs of the T800. But honestly, the 9038s is insanely good. The Q5s is very good to. But what amazes me is the price to performance of the 9038s.

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #2,828 of 5,890
Yes the price is really nice do you drive it whit your phone how is the battery usage ?
Yes I use my Samsung S9. I am not certain how battery usage is as I havent done straight listening. By an estimate would be 5 hours of straight listening. I am using the 32 bit hi res output though on poweramp with DVC on which also uses a bit more power. But those 5 hours is so worth it. I don't think the T800 could sound any better unless you spend much much more for a crazy good dac/amp. And by much more, I mean even more than a Chord Mojo.....and the Chord Mojo to me is extremely close to the 9038s in terms of SQ, more like a side grade if you want a different flavour in sound. So you'd have to spend heaps for a good upgrade. Yes I wish battery life could be better but it is what it is. But maybe I am getting 6 hours. I am not certain but it is a Samsung S9, not the best phone for battery life.

Nov 29, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #2,829 of 5,890
LOL Audiosense has joined the wireless/bluetooth boat, they got a new BT cable thing on their AE shop.

Unimaginatively named Audiosense BT20.
Why are all the BT devices having a number 20 behind them??
Seems compatible with quite a few western brand IEMs according to them.

Hc6c1741c64cb40bab40323d346532ae12.jpg

H420b04900c97446b9dd00304fc4f1beeG.jpg

Specs:
- Apt-x Bluetooth Lossless Protocol - can support 24 bit/48 khz audio
- Qualcomm QCC 3034 chip
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Has a mic
- BT distance: 8 - 5 m
- Charging time: 1.5 hours
- Music playing time: 12 hours

Nov 29, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #2,831 of 5,890
I actually never got the chance to try some filters. I think it's time maybe I start playing around with them as aswell haha. I just ordered cable 171 on Hakuzen's cable list. Not a cheap cable especially as I went for the 8 core. But I have a good feeling about it. The ISN S16 is a great SPC cable but it honestly does have a more copper sound to it when compared to other SPC cables, especially higher end SPC cables have more treble energy and detail, especially clarity but it is an amazing cable for the price. I was thinking of going for cable 175 but the SPC on it I felt would bring up the treble since it's a higher grade SPC. Higher quality copper has a crystal clear and lush sound while giving heaps of detail. I remember my old Effect Audio Ares II+ cable. It had that copper sound but it was clear and lush. Im expecting this new cable to be even clearer than the Ares ii and ISN S16 while being lush at the same time. I sure do hope it matches well :)

As a user of ISN S16, do you recommend this cable with Fiio FH7?I use them with ibasso dx150+amp8.
Yes the whrong thread but i feel you have some good experience with this cable and your anser might help me.

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #2,832 of 5,890
As a user of ISN S16, do you recommend this cable with Fiio FH7?I use them with ibasso dx150+amp8.
Yes the whrong thread but i feel you have some good experience with this cable and your anser might help me.

Yes! I can happily recommend the ISN S16 for the Fiio FH7. The FH7 is not as bright in the treble as the T800. So if it sounds great with the T800 and I have no issues with the trebe, it will sound great with the FH7. It will tighten the lows and make them punchier while bring the mids slight more forward and give treble a bit more sparkle while help improve extension on both ends. It should be a great pairing. But if you are going to use them for very long listening sessions and will be going out and about a lot. I do recommend the ISN S4. I havent had the chance to listen to it, but many people have said it improves on what the ISN S16 does while being a light more ergonomic cable but it is a bit more pricey. Both ISN S16 and ISN S4 will work great with the FH7 :)

They both are SPC but they have a more copper tilt to their sound while keeping clarity and detail. Both are great cables to start out with :)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,833 of 5,890
Hello,

Does anyone use the T800 along with Hidisz AP80? I recently bought the T800, however i need a better DAP to go along with it.
How does the Hidisz AP80 fair with the T800?

Or does anyone have another DAP recommendation that goes well with the T800?
Thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back