AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #2,296 of 5,890
So going back to T800 and Andromeda. Andromeda does have more treble but I find the T800 to sound slightly more tamed but with great extension. Low end is no comparison, T800 has the tightness, kick, rumble and detail. Mids go to the Andros but just slightly. The Andros do have a wider soundstage but the T800 I feel a sense of more depth. Instrument seperation is suprisingly close while Imaging I feel the T800 might be a lil better. Andros do have slightly better resolution but for some strange reason I hear more detail in the lows and mids on the T800 while the treble on the Andros win a bit. Andros are great for analytical listening but the treble still bothers my ears. T800 have everything else I want, low end, great mids and great extended treble while not sounding boring. A good quality SPC cable keeps the treble but tames the peaks while tightening the low end.
Andros
Lows : 9.0 / 10
Mids : 9.6 / 10
Highs : 9. 4 / 10
Soundstage Width : 9.5 / 10
Sounstage Depth : 9.2 / 10
Imaging : 9.2 / 10
Clarity/Resolution : 9.5 / 10
Detail : 9.3 / 10

T800
Lows : 9.5 / 10
Mids : 9. 2 / 10
Highs: 9.2 / 10
Soundstage Width : 9.0 / 10
Soundstage Depth : 9.5 / 10
Imaging : 9.4 / 10
Clarity/Resolution : 9.3 / 10
Detail : 9.5 / 10
Thanks for the comparison! One question: I always find there is no soundstage in IEMs compared to full sized open cans, even mid/higher end like T800. I always feel the stage is very "in my head".
Am I wrong? As I dont have a ton of experience in IEMs.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #2,297 of 5,890
Thanks for the comparison! One question: I always find there is no soundstage in IEMs compared to full sized open cans, even mid/higher end like T800. I always feel the stage is very "in my head".

I would say most IEMs cannot compete with open backed headphones in soundstage. That's definitely their limitation due to physics/acoustics as the IEM is inside the ear canal.
But IEMs trump the open soundstage cans in isolation and sometimes portability, so it depends on which of their strengths u prefer.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #2,298 of 5,890
I would say most IEMs cannot compete with open backed headphones in soundstage. That's definitely their limitation due to physics/acoustics as the IEM is inside the ear canal.
But IEMs trump the open soundstage cans in isolation and sometimes portability, so it depends on which of their strengths u prefer.
Totally agree. That is exactly why we have multiple cans and IEMs for different applications/flavours!
Thank you and others who recommended T800. I am totally enjoying it.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #2,299 of 5,890
Using T800,
Zero hiss with Q5 + AM3D THX.
Faint, minimal, easily ignored hiss with 9038S
Output impedance 9038S 0.05Ω ; THX 1.5Ω
What THX wizardry is happening to defy logic?!

Sorry, did not test with 3.5mm, since there is no 3.5mm jack on 9038S for me to compare to, and I didnt want to plug-unplug the tight MMCX of T800, I was worried that I might make something loose/break something if i keep swapping cables.
I have really noticable hiss whit t800 q5s and thx module

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #2,300 of 5,890
I have really noticable hiss whit t800 q5s and thx module
Cant replicate that.... High gain MAX volume, background still as dark as it should be when music is paused/not playing audio. Defective unit you got?

P/S: I use official Fiio BL44 4.4mm (M) to 2.5mm (F) adapter, not sure whether that changes impedance hence lesser hiss.... (I dont have 4.4mm BAL cable. Needed 2.5mm to be interchangeable with Q5 THX / E1DA 9038S). BL44 impedance is not stated in Fiio website so I really cant tell.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #2,301 of 5,890
Cant replicate that.... High gain MAX volume, background still as dark as it should be when music is paused/not playing audio. Defective unit you got?

P/S: I use official Fiio BL44 4.4mm (M) to 2.5mm (F) adapter, not sure whether that changes impedance hence lesser hiss.... (I dont have 4.4mm BAL cable. Needed 2.5mm to be interchangeable with Q5 THX / 9038S). BL44 impedance is not stated in Fiio website so I really cant tell.
I use bluetooth let me check wired. Can you do abluetooth test pls?

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #2,302 of 5,890
Yes, Bluetooth connection produces faint but definitely noticeable hiss.
That is why wired > BT still.
I'm curious about Q5S BT5.0/LDAC implementation....

ouch..... by checking hiss i turned volume all the way up in HIGH GAIN and accidentally pressed PLAY!!!! I died for a moment... hope T800 is fine (X.X)

[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #2,304 of 5,890
ouch..... by checking hiss i turned volume all the way up in HIGH GAIN and accidentally pressed PLAY!!!! I died for a moment... hope T800 is fine (X.X)
Sry mate but yeah even on wires i get a little hissing when i pull the iem out i hear flop and it gets dark

I also hear it on my kxxs my es 100 is dead quite

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #2,306 of 5,890
Nope. You are spot on. Soundstage can feel kind of out of your head. But Open back over ears will always hands down beat iems in terms of soundstage. Where IEMS beat over ears is in detail retrieval. I have yet to hear an extremely detailed over ear..... As an extremely detailed over ear won't be a realistic sounding over ear....

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #2,308 of 5,890
I have been using my Ibasso DX160 with the T800s, and they don't hiss at all. Tried them on high gain on 3.5 mm and balance 4.4 mm they're still dead silence.
Compared to my NX4DSD, i feel that the treble is better controlled, it has been less "shouty" on the DX160, which makes the treble much smoother compared to the NX4DSD; i also feel that the depth has been bigger in my impression on the DX160. Some people say that they need a kind of "burn in", but i'm not sure about the whole "burning DAP" thing, so i guess i will have to keep using it to know the result.
Overall a good combo, better than pairing the T800 with M11 i would say, because the DX160 leans at the warmer side so it complements very good with the highs on the T800 and they also don't hiss at all.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #2,309 of 5,890
After having to send my T800's back, I am sorta salty over this whole thing. I mean, it cost me $50 to send them back, so now I have another $50 invested into them. Which is still below buying from a respected American IEM maker, or even a American IEM maker at all that has a 8ba for this price. But damn, spending that much to ship and then having to wait another 2 or so weeks to get them. Blah. I dont know. This is why I never wanted to spend over $100 on Chifi. At least at $100 if something happens I can throw them away and not care as much. But $300 stings.

I suppose I could have just lived with it but, I was thinking it would get worse. In some songs the right earbud would "buzz" - like something was loose, or one of hte drivers was going bad. It was only one side. If both sides would have done it, I could have just thought that is how they were.... but... i dont know....

I will get new ones in a couple of weeks, they sent out new as soon as I sent back mine. I might just sell them, I dont know.

Maybe you guys can test yours.

Artist - Charli XCX
Song Title - Gone

It would happen in those first couple bass drops is when i could hear it the most. With them turned up to the upper part of the volume where I would consider "jam out volume" - I could hear a BUZZ in the right side when that bass hits.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #2,310 of 5,890
After having to send my T800's back, I am sorta salty over this whole thing. I mean, it cost me $50 to send them back, so now I have another $50 invested into them. Which is still below buying from a respected American IEM maker, or even a American IEM maker at all that has a 8ba for this price. But damn, spending that much to ship and then having to wait another 2 or so weeks to get them. Blah. I dont know. This is why I never wanted to spend over $100 on Chifi. At least at $100 if something happens I can throw them away and not care as much. But $300 stings.

I suppose I could have just lived with it but, I was thinking it would get worse. In some songs the right earbud would "buzz" - like something was loose, or one of hte drivers was going bad. It was only one side. If both sides would have done it, I could have just thought that is how they were.... but... i dont know....

I will get new ones in a couple of weeks, they sent out new as soon as I sent back mine. I might just sell them, I dont know.

Maybe you guys can test yours.

Artist - Charli XCX
Song Title - Gone

It would happen in those first couple bass drops is when i could hear it the most. With them turned up to the upper part of the volume where I would consider "jam out volume" - I could hear a BUZZ in the right side when that bass hits.

Just gave the song a good test and no buzz at all. I listen to bass heavy music such as
Cypress Hill - Pass The Knife
Sinith & Ultraform - The Night After
Zebra Katz - LST CTRL

No buzzing at all, I even eq the bass just a tad sometimes. Unfortunately it could be a bad driver :/ which sucks, but don't give up yet. It happens to all iems, even with companies such as CA or JH, it's how tech is. It can come out the factory all fine, then just outta no where go down hill :/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back