AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #1,726 of 5,890
Is the t800 an upgrade over the kanas pro for you in vocals and soundstage?
Soundstage is comparable i'd say, but T800 give more details and clarity, and treble is more extended.
T800 are also easier to drive and sound much better at lower volume. It's a definite upgrade for me, they are in different leagues.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #1,727 of 5,890
Thanks everybody, I needed to hear from you folks the real deal with these. I’m definitely getting some, is direct from the sellers store the way to go?

What are the other models like? I’m thinking the single BA and triple BAs probably sound good also!
Tin Hifi P1s keep calling to me also...lol.
:fingers_crossed::dark_sunglasses::metal::headphones::comet::hamburger::pizza:

If you are gonna get the t180, single ba. I'll skip it and get the tri 4i instead

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #1,729 of 5,890
I have been trying between T180 and T800 back and forth and the T800 sound to me like a T180 on steroids + a treble boost, which is really cool for me.

Yup totally already. T180 sounds veil and compressed in comparison. But it's definitely punching above its price. I do enjoy the 4i more then the t180, but I need to sit down and do detailed listening. Too many purchases too little time this month

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,730 of 5,890
I got Tri I4 and Blon 03 but haven't listened much as my ears are messed up. I may sell both I'm not sure yet.

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #1,731 of 5,890
I see a few folks selling the T800 in the trades so what are the issues that are making folks sell?
Is it necessary to use more knowles filters to make them listenable?
Whats the impedance issue?
I’m ready to buy a set but really don’t want mess with filters, do the sound good without extra knowles filters?
I’m using a Plenue R, an Ibasso DX90 and Fiio M6 currently do I need certain amp specs to bring them to life?

Any help, or impressions you folks have of T 800 that’ll help please tell me. 300$ is alot for me and if they are worth it I’m in, I just don’t wanna make a mistake with the funds!
Thanks in advance.
"I see a few folks selling the T800 in the trades so what are the issues that are making folks sell?"
Some people think it's too bright and it doesn't match their tastes.

"Is it necessary to use more knowles filters to make them listenable?"
Not at all, i actually tried brown and green dampers (still waiting for grey and whites to arrive) and i just didn't like them because they have taken part of the treble that makes the clarity so relevant, so at the end of the day i'm still using the stock one (whites).

"I’m using a Plenue R, an Ibasso DX90 and Fiio M6 currently do I need certain amp specs to bring them to life?"
I think they are quite picky with DAPs and other sources. Since you have many different DAPs i don't think you will be unsatisfied with the outcome because they're actually not that hard to drive. I'm using them with Sony A55 + NX4 DSD; the clarity and the soundstage is really really impressive.

"Any help, or impressions you folks have of T 800 that’ll help please tell me."
I really think that the clarity, tonality and soundstage hit my tastes and the only little problem i have with them is the treble in certain records of rock music where the hats are super loud. They are also really unforgiving for bad recordings or low quality recordings because of the amount clarity; many pieces that i liked in the past have turned out to be so flat after hearing for two weeks using the T800, and on the other side, i have been "rediscovering" pieces that i didn't specially like because of this clarity/resolution.

The T800 is super close to my "ideal tunning" and that's why i can't see myself to give up on trying to mess around with dampers (i think the more options for tunning we have, the better value we are getting from the IEM) and try to take down that little treble spike down without using EQ. It's not hard to replace the dampers/filters, really, and they are very cheap on Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1,733 of 5,890
Hi!

Is the preinstalled (stock) filter of metal or plastic?

I’ve ordered both plastic and metal filters. Two different tools for removing.

Right now I have a white (plastic) stacked above the stock white.

Not sure if I will try to remove the stock white or not. (And try more colors)

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,734 of 5,890
Hi!

I’ve ordered both plastic and metal filters. Two different tools for removing.

Right now I have a white (plastic) stacked above the stock white.

Not sure if I will try to remove the stock white or not. (And try more colors)

Preinstalled is metal

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,735 of 5,890

Metal are Knowles dampers (same as the Knowles BA drivers in the T800).

The plastic ones are Etymotic brand, a different company.

Like McDonald’s vs Wendy’s. Similar, but different.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #1,736 of 5,890
Metal are Knowles dampers (same as the Knowles BA drivers in the T800).

The plastic ones are Etymotic brand, a different company.

Like McDonald’s vs Wendy’s. Similar, but different.

The Etymotic removal tool has gets wider at about 1/8" which prevents it from going past the narrower part of the T800 earphone, where, presumably, the stock filter lives. Can someone provide a link to the removal tool which can indeed reach the stock one? And if the stock one is removed, is it ok to put its replacement on the upper "ledge" or must it be burrowed deeper where the original one exists?

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #1,737 of 5,890
An alternate way to think about is why cant Audiosense spend a dollar to tune their iems correctly.

Whats correct? I like bright and extended treble, and all though the Massdrop plus is a really good IEM, I'll usually reach for tin T2 because of the treble roll off on the MDP. There will be people who share my opinions and people who don't.

T800 I think has it right, start off hot, and change dampers if you don't like hot. And when I ordered mine, audiosense asked what damper I would like installed in it. So, Yea.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #1,738 of 5,890
And when I ordered mine, audiosense asked what damper I would like installed in it. So, Yea.

For real wow what a service

Its normalnto grab for the tin t2 its an awesome iem. If they would realese a tin t2 whit high end resolution and every thing else the same for lets say 500 dollars i would buy it

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #1,740 of 5,890
should i buy t800 now or wait for t800 pro?

T800 Pro is not gonna come out anytime soon. Still in very early stages of development. They do have a 2BA + 1DD hybrid coming out within the next 2 months though.
If u want to modify a T800 to a DIY "pro" version, u can explore dampers/filters (search this forum for more info).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back