AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,486 of 5,890
Haha, I have the S16 lol. Its a snake of a cabble. But comparing it to the S8. There is a big step up in overall sq. But I do agree, they are thick cables and can get in the way sometimes. But for me, I'm ok with them. Everyone looks at me though and I've had a few people ask about it as when it hits the sun, looks like something from Lord Of The Rings haha

Lol they are some thick heavy cables. For some reason I was fine with them with Kansas pro but felt very unwieldy for the t800.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #1,489 of 5,890
How is the fit of the metal dampers, is it sticking out on the nozzle?
Are ther any difference in sound between plastic and metal dampers?

The Etyomtic plastic and Knowles metal dampers are roughly the same length and size (about 2.0mm OD). So if one fits, the other will too.

As far as sound difference, the metal Knowles one has 7 different damper types (grey, white, brown, green, red, orange yellow), all of which sound different. The Etymotic only have 2 dampers that I'm aware of (white and green).

I don't know if Knowles white=Etymotic white and Knowles green=Etymotic green. I don't think anyone has done a direct FR comparison measurement of the Knowles vs Etymotic white/green. It would certainly be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,492 of 5,890
Maybe S8 is defective? It should not be such big difference based only on number of cores
It depends also on the iems, I would prefer the S8 for on the go as it isnt as bulky and heavy compared to the S16. I just find for me that the S16 overall has a clearer presentation, the lows are tighter but also has more punch while texture and detail is improved by 3-5%. Mids would be sounding slightly more forward, clarity and resolution would also be improved while sounding maybe a bit more smoother, again a 3-5% better, treble would gain a bit more extension and clarity as well, details would pop a bit more and also again, maybe some added smoothness, so a 3-5% better increase. Imaging would be slightly better 3-5%. And sound stage would be slight better 3-5%. They arent big changes but once you listen closely and add it as a whole thats where the real difference comes and to me. I prefer the S16 much more for critical listening it gives the slight bit extra. As a whole it could be 25% better maybe more or slightly less. Depends if that % really matters to you. But it also depends on the iem, if the iem is already a very detailed iem, has a massive soundstage and all the goodies, the percentage may be %15 better but if it is a darker iem and needs a nice boost, which in my case I used the S16 for the Oriveti New Primacy. It felt more like 40% better as it was a warmer darker iem and I could really feel and hear the improvements. So not it isnt a massive difference but it is a nice slight improvement that is noticeable. Now, the big question is, should you spend more than 70usd on a cable? For me. Hell no. The most expensive cable I ever bought was the Effect Audio Ares ii+ and the Oriveti Affinity cable. Don't get me wrong, they are really nice cables. But I much prefer the ISN S16 and it is much less and to me, built much better, I have used and abbused the living hell out of that cable and its like a metal rope, still lives on. So thats my few cents of what I think of cables. It does do a difference but isnt night and day. Mainly a cable is used for slight improvements such as to tame treble, add some needed sparkle or low end, add a lil boost to the mids and better build quality than stock :)

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,493 of 5,890
Lol they are some thick heavy cables. For some reason I was fine with them with Kansas pro but felt very unwieldy for the t800.
I want to try the ISN S4, looks like a very very nice cable. Its 4 core but more strands on each core. I think 63 strands each core. Looks like a lighter subsitute instead of the S16.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,495 of 5,890
it was free review unit, some of the others that have them for free are very happy with them though
I trust your ears. I got the Kansas pro and t800 and don't regret it.

Funny, I gave the kp to my brother and haven't heard it in awhile... I just had a chance to listen to it over the weekend and I have to say there's quite a noticeable difference between the two. T800 hands down is superior. So addicted to this and it's been a month without having any itch to upgrade....lol

Aug 19, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #1,496 of 5,890
I trust your ears. I got the Kansas pro and t800 and don't regret it.

Funny, I gave the kp to my brother and haven't heard it in awhile... I just had a chance to listen to it over the weekend and I have to say there's quite a noticeable difference between the two. T800 hands down is superior. So addicted to this and it's been a month without having any itch to upgrade....lol
i sold the Kanas Pro and was full of regret, but got the regular Kanas instead, what a smooth liquid bass monster it turns out to be, beautiful

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #1,499 of 5,890
I know it was already mentioned there are 4 tubes/channels on the T800, but it's amazing how most major vendors have that wrong? They say "sophisticated three tube system, Linsoul, AlieExpress, Amazon. Drop was the only one that had it right? You can clearly see there are four tubes and it's surprising these have been out for a while and the info is still wrong.

Here is a more clear sharper pic that you an clearly see 4 tubes.

3ylNSOH.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back