AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #497 of 5,890
Hi since you have both andromeda and T800, which one has better details/instrument separation? I'm guessing the andromeda due to its price, but does the T800 come close?

FWIW, I would still give the crown to Andromeda overall. When I listen to orchestrial movie soundtracks, it is very clear that the instrument separations are clearer with the Andromeda, but the T800 is no slouch. T800 sound signature is slightly warmer compared to the Andromeda. My 0.02.....

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #498 of 5,890
FWIW, I would still give the crown to Andromeda overall. When I listen to orchestrial movie soundtracks, it is very clear that the instrument separations are clearer with the Andromeda, but the T800 is no slouch. T800 sound signature is slightly warmer compared to the Andromeda. My 0.02.....
So compared to the andromedas, the t800 is worse in instrument separation. What else does the andromeda do better than the t800? Thank you.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #499 of 5,890

Well considering the Andromeda is more than 3x the price of the T800, it better have more instrument separation haha. Thanks for the advise, since I have no TOTL IEM to compare the T800 to.

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #500 of 5,890
So compared to the andromedas, the t800 is worse in instrument separation. What else does the andromeda do better than the t800? Thank you.
Empty your wallet faster? :p

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #503 of 5,890
King Kong Combo. (Dethonray + T800)
It's like having Hulk and the Terminator in your team.
IMG_0237.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #505 of 5,890
I do belive it's brain burn in,and that you get used to the sound signature.
For me it's like if i listen to an IEM that is darker sounding for example the Sony XBA-N3AP for a couple of days,i get used to that warmer signature.
If i then change to the T800 it's sounds borderline to shrill with some recordings. But it takes just a couple of song Before i get used to the brighter sounding signature,and start to appreciate
the more airy and detailed presentation.
And the same goes the other way around. If i listened to T800 for awile and change to the Sony,it sound boring and dull sounding at first.
Mayby that's just me who experiencing it this way,i don't know...
Hi, I am considering Sony XBA-N3AP or T800 as an upgrade to DM6, so I'd much appreciate if you could give a comparo between both IEMs. I have no other way but to buy sight unseen and every comment on either I can gather will be most helpful.
I listen mainly to progressive rock, blues and jazz fusion.

A few people have mentioned T800´s might be fatiguing / a bit tiresome. Could someone compare T800´s treble to DM6´s??
I do enjoy DM6 but it gets fatiguing with some recordings.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #507 of 5,890
Hi, I am considering Sony XBA-N3AP or T800 as an upgrade to DM6, so I'd much appreciate if you could give a comparo between both IEMs. I have no other way but to buy sight unseen and every comment on either I can gather will be most helpful.
I listen mainly to progressive rock, blues and jazz fusion.

A few people have mentioned T800´s might be fatiguing / a bit tiresome. Could someone compare T800´s treble to DM6´s??
I do enjoy DM6 but it gets fatiguing with some recordings.

I own both, and T800 should be considered an upgrade to the DM6 in terms of bass quality, with a bit less treble peaks and siblance, mid is also more forward than the DM6, overall it has a warmer sound signature than the DM6. The soundstage is wider on the T800, though DM6 may sound a bit more holographic because of more treble energy and recessed mids, I think their detail retrieval and instrument seperation are similar, but imaging is better on the T800
The N3AP sounds a bit muddy compared to both the T800 and DM6, but if you want a very warm sound, then go for it.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #509 of 5,890
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #510 of 5,890

Users who are viewing this thread

Back