AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,292 of 5,890
Looks like you are gonna "tune" the **** out of the T800 haha
i am not sure about the size, so i bought two different sizes just in case, also i have Etymotic ER4S and i want to have some spare dampers for them
i have two T800 s , one is modded with green dampers, it is a little bit too much but it is nice with Doom metal, the second pair i will use it probably with the white damper, i dont want to change the sound too much, just to have some protection

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,296 of 5,890
Have u tried any filters that will just affect the sound stage and not reduce the treble?
the filters are reducing the upper mids and lower treble, the upper treble is almost untouched, that is the reason for the soundstage size increase, less upper mids, same upper treble = bigger stage size

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,298 of 5,890
I have everything in stock for now, but only because filters didn't arrive yet :)
The stock cable looks and feels fine to me, i will try to replace it only if changing filters doesn't help.
With spiral dots and stock cable/filters i hear no sibilance, still the sound often is too "intense" and bright for me.
I'll give it a try and see how it sounds stock. If I find it a bit much I'll try the spiral dots. Since I'm ordering them from AliEx it comes with a copper cable so I'll try that also. My last option will be the filters. Hopefully all goes well

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #1,300 of 5,890
Regardless of whether you use any additional dampers or not, you may want to consider protecting the stock white damper with stainless nozzle mesh.

Why? Well, the stock nozzle is totally open, and the stock white damper can’t be replaced or accessed. Once it’s damaged or clogged, it’s game over for your $300 T800.

Stainless mesh is transparent sound-wise, and at a cost of a few pennies each it is very cheap insurance.

Another advantage is that if you use additional dampers, it prevents them from ever falling out (into your ear, losing them on the ground, etc).

The correct size is 3.7mm, but 4mm will work in a pinch if that’s all you have.

..now im scared of using it without the filters, ordered 20 3,7mm and 20 4,0 mm ones. Am i being paranoid or should I avoid using them until the filters arrive? And do you need to clean the nozzle before inserting the filters? Like with a airduster or will that cause damage?

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,301 of 5,890
Which jvc spiral dots do you Guys use atm.. There are like 5 versions of it which is confusing.. i mean the size? Shall i order the L size or M? I use wide bore tips and KZ ate foam tips on it atm.. Which shall i order can anyone give me advice?

I don’t think there’s any way strangers over the Internet can know your individual ear size.

It would be like someone knowing your shoe size, or waist size, or ring finger size, or even eyeglass prescription. That’s a specific thing that is unique to every person, and only you can know what size you are.

I would just order whatever size eartips you already use. If you use M eartips for everything else, then just order M Spiral Dots.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,303 of 5,890
Btw i would be usefull if somebody makes a list what all filters do for future usage and to tweak for personal preference
@blomman77 already did it, measurements from him
D263FB59-E145-4BFD-8C65-308DA10F9998.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back