AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #4,906 of 5,890
Made a small impressions here about it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ressions-thread.909718/page-327#post-15983473

Won't recommend at full price ($30 USD). I bought mine at $9.50 after coupon gymnastics on 11.11. V shaped, boomy bass, not that great technicalities. Timbre is good. Non detachable cable, but comes with quite nice accessories. I gave mine to a family for Christmas after testing that it works, might be good for beginners, but I think u will have something better in your IEM collection.
Ha! Thankyou, Baskers, and boy would.i like to be there when you perform those coupon gymnastics! As we speak, I've still got no further than trying to swat them away like flies! Me, i guess i just cannot resist a neat bullet-shaped IEM, for they fit more easily and neatly than any, and will also forever give me false hope that i'll discover another budget miracle - there's really no other word for it - like the TIN Audio T515 !

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #4,907 of 5,890
I am very interested to know more information/ impressions regarding AudioSense’s 1,2, and 3 BA IEMs (T180, T260, T300)
I've had T180 for a while, and they are very typical basic single BA, with barely any highs and lows. Which is fine for my use, i'm only listening podcasts and audiobooks on them, during exercises and chores around the house. They are holding well enough, are super comfortable and my favorite westone star tips fit them perfectly.

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #4,908 of 5,890
Reposting here since this is the Audiosense thread after all.

22DF460C-44EA-434A-B950-475BF76A1E03.jpeg
0A21D126-0CE8-4549-BAAF-87B7891A9740.jpeg
2DAC9F13-00DF-4F6B-9488-669D1447D3D4.jpeg
E07BBC29-F7A9-46F0-8B3F-0C0454955C6C.jpeg

Hoping for better extensions up top and bottom lows. I should be receiving it next week and I will measure it as soon as I get it.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #4,915 of 5,890
Combination of driver limitation and also to counter our natural hearing sensitivities. I believe there are not a single acoustic instruments that can play fundamentals above 5kHz excluding pipe organ (8kHz). Some harmonic overtones accompanying a fundamentals can cross above 10kHz by vibration, column of air, etc but even then those oscillation is very limited. They say well extended and upper trebles amplified IEMs can give you tons of headroom, air and separation so I am going to find that out for myself with the Aur Audio Nimbus soon.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #4,916 of 5,890
Yeah AQ7 sound was just ok, definitely not worth the full price (I bought it during pre release price). I also had bass imbalance and sent it back to AS, but they measured it and said it measured "fine" . I asked for a return anyways and lost out on shipping and PayPal fees since it was past the aliexpress return window. Although I enjoyed audiosense t800 and dt200 in the past, AQ7 definitely was not the step up I was hoping for in terms of sound / build and ended up being a forgettable experience. I will also probably stay away from future pre-orders even with discounts.
Thats true.. I paid 170 usd for mine in the pre order. And i dont think it was worth that. But i was not gonna send them back cause of cist since the imbalsnce issue wouldnt fix the exrremely weird tuning. It felt like a WW tuning. Up and down,up and down up and down. NOTHING like the FR curve they shared! The subbass was ok. Wonder which guy who actually tuned them and thought it was flagship material?

After some disappointments in the "midfi" area, im going to buy myself something that is kinda totl /high end now. Im done gambling with iem's. Way more economical to buy something more expensive that is popular and is high rated by many. If indobt like it, incan sell it with minimal loss.:wink: and the value seems to be pretty stable.. Thinking of Z1R,U12T,MEST,Monarch,QDC VX etc..

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #4,917 of 5,890
Combination of driver limitation and also to counter our natural hearing sensitivities. I believe there are not a single acoustic instruments that can play fundamentals above 5kHz excluding pipe organ (8kHz). Some harmonic overtones accompanying a fundamentals can cross above 10kHz by vibration, column of air, etc but even then those oscillation is very limited. They say well extended and upper trebles amplified IEMs can give you tons of headroom, air and separation so I am going to find that out for myself with the Aur Audio Nimbus soon.
Aur storm extended also ssr/ssp and oh10

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #4,918 of 5,890
Damn, that sucks. I guess I’ll have to really baby mine, in addition to crossing my fingers they don’t develop any trouble.

On a related note, do we know what the original (beta) version was tuned like? Do any FR graphs exist, so I can see what was changed?
I think maybe it exist on a russian audio forum. Its " hifi .ru something" . just google itvand you will se a Audiosense thread. Pm me if u cant find it. I have the page on my pclog

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #4,920 of 5,890
Thats true.. I paid 170 usd for mine in the pre order. And i dont think it was worth that.

Wait, you paid $170 presale for the AQ7, or are you thinking of T800? Because I think the presale price of the AQ7 was THREE hundred seventy, not ONE hundred seventy.

If you paid $170 for the AQ7, then you got the deal of a lifetime. Because the rest of us paid way more than that :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back