Might be useful:

20Hz to 80Hz: Sub-bass
80Hz to 200Hz: Mid-bass
200Hz to 800Hz: Lower midrange
800Hz to 1,500Hz: Centre midrange
1,500Hz to 5,000Hz: Upper midrange
5,000Hz to 10,000Hz: Treble
10,000Hz+: Upper treble/”air”

I totally agree with your definition here. What is interesting is a lot of folks think of 1500-5000 as 'treble'

1605114611227.png

Nov 11, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #4,892 of 5,890
this is absolutely untrue. You are experiencing your device failing to leave enough headroom for EQ to work correctly. The idea an IEM cannot replay say 5+more DB at a frequency is impossible.

If a device does this, you should eq things DOWN not up. This leaves headroom.

Have u tried these 2 IEMs (Urbanfun and BLON BL-05S) yourself? Some cheap drivers really can't take EQ that well. Urbanfun takes EQ like a champ, but the BL-05S less so.

I have tried EQ on the BLON BL-05S on a variety of sources like Khadas Tone Board -> Topping L30, Sabre HIFI DAC (ESS ES9280C PRO), Shanling Q1 DAP, Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, Ziku HK-X9 DAP -> Fiio A3 and even smartphones. Definitely Topping L30 has more than enough headroom to spare, it has 3 gain switches from -9 dB to 0 dB to 9 dB (tried it on all gain settings).

I really like the BLON BL-05S in terms of tuning and technical performance for the price, but u can read some impressions by other users, a few also report the BLON BL-05S distorts with over robust EQ or at very loud volumes. Could this be QC issue or an inherent driver issue, not sure?

Drivers come in a very large spectrum from very low quality to very high quality ones (and let's assume the QC is okay), I don't think one can confidently say "impossible" or "absolutely untrue" in this hobby, as there are a vast flood of IEMs being released almost every month that use a variety of different drivers.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #4,893 of 5,890
Just got the Audiosense TX15 from the Aliexpress 11/11 sale. I purchased it at $9.50 USD after coupon gymnastics (it was apparently $29 normally, but was discounted to $14.50 for 11/11). Seems on Black Friday AE sale, it will be back at $14.50!

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-18 at 23.02.31.jpeg

It came in a semi rigid larger case, and an inner soft case. Provided with tips. Bullet shaped design, non detachable cable which is quite thin, but not that bad microphonics. Has strain relief at cable insert, and mic on the cable. Cable is quite supple and doesn't tangle/spring back easily.

For $9.50 with the nice cases I think that's a good deal, even at $14.50 I also think that's quite a good deal. But at the original $29, hmm there may be tougher competition around that price bracket. In a nutshell, the TX15 can be a daily beater type of IEM, especially for newbies. But for those who are in the CHIFI hobby for a few months, you'll probably have something better. The TX15 excels at slower music that incorporates acoustic instruments but isn't the best in technicalities, but it has good timbre.

OOTB, I would say it is a mild V shaped tuning. Good timbre for acoustic instruments, natural vocals. Soundstage is average. Imaging is good at this price range, instrument separation/details however are average. It can be congested in very fast/complex passages of music and musical instruments seem to blend.

Bass can be boomy and on slower side with some smearing. Bass north of neutral but not at true basshead levels. Good subbass extension and decay as per typical DD bass. Midbass bleed present. Lower mids a bit recessed, upper mids are quite safe, thought on occasions can get a tinge spicy, especially at higher volumes (Fletcher munson curve). Treble is quite extended, minimal sibilance. Can get fatiguing in cymbal strikes, I think there's a boost somewhere at the treble.

I'll burn it in and do further testing and try other sources/tips etc. I think if it drops to sub $10 with coupons on Black Friday, I'll maybe get a set or 2 to stock up as Christmas presents for the year end.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #4,894 of 5,890
Hi guys, another impressed owner of T800 here. Although the sibilance always reminds me that I wish them gone. Thus I need your advice on what is the effective way to curb this issue and make the iem less shouty.
Here is the priority of what I prefer to do to remedy this issue, let me here our opinions :

- Get a copper cable, what do you think is my best bet: single crystal / ofc / occ / upooc , number of core (under 40$). Eg: Linsoul LSC08
- Get better eartips: sedna earfit or SpinFit CP360
- Finally get some damper from aliexpress, which I'm not really want to just because they takes forever and I already has 2 unresolved missing packages.

Today 11/11 hope you can help me capitalise on this :beyersmile:

Some notes:
- For cable, I'm using IT01 copper cable and it helps but just a bit
- eartips I didnt hear difference from stock IT01 tips with T800's. Comfort wise they are ok

I got a copper and a silver cable with mine and the copper cable definitely tamed them a bit. I am pretty sensitive and tend to like warmer signatures because I listen all day while working with my T800s. I have been rocking Symbio Foams. Cleaned outside of stems with some alcohol and put them on. They never fall off. Can't remember last time I had listening fatigue.

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #4,895 of 5,890
I am very interested to know more information/ impressions regarding AudioSense’s 1,2, and 3 BA IEMs (T180, T260, T300), since they are affordable and seem sealed, with a shape like Shure IEMs, and a narrow nozzle as well. I imagine that perhaps the Shure and Westone ear tips fit, and with the multi-flange Shure tips, one could get superb isolation. If they sound well-balanced, they could be excellent affordable stage monitors, which are lacking in Chi-Fi IMO. if anyone has more information on them, please do share, thanks.

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #4,896 of 5,890
I am very interested to know more information/ impressions regarding AudioSense’s 1,2, and 3 BA IEMs (T180, T260, T300), since they are affordable and seem sealed, with a shape like Shure IEMs, and a narrow nozzle as well. I imagine that perhaps the Shure and Westone ear tips fit, and with the multi-flange Shure tips, one could get superb isolation. If they sound well-balanced, they could be excellent affordable stage monitors, which are lacking in Chi-Fi IMO. if anyone has more information on them, please do share, thanks.
It also looks like one can customize/tune these 3 IEMs by changing out or adding to the Knowles damper as well?

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #4,897 of 5,890
It also looks like one can customize/tune these 3 IEMs by changing out or adding to the Knowles damper as well?
I believe you can do that. The T180 Pro should have a damper in it, so I assume the rest also have one or is able to add one.

Dec 29, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #4,898 of 5,890
Indont have any on them. Just the flagship AQ7. Sadly,the buildquality on them was not good on several pieces. Idk if that was the case with other models. Hope not!

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #4,899 of 5,890
Indont have any on them. Just the flagship AQ7. Sadly,the buildquality on them was not good on several pieces. Idk if that was the case with other models. Hope not!

Wait, what? Can you elaborate?

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #4,900 of 5,890
Wait, what? Can you elaborate?
My IEM suddenly got volume imbalances. Same problem as some other guys have. It was just like having 1/3 off the volume on the right side. Both grilles on the IEMs came loose. Just BARELY attached to some glue/ silicone before they dropped of. And im the kind of guy who take really good care of stuff and always have a case with me! Very disappointing! The Russians who pretested/ reviewed was very disappointed also about how the AQ7 turned out to be after the last "adjustments". They was pretty hyped but both the thread and hype stopped just after the release. I paid 1/3 off the msrp in late august and i think it wasnt even worth that. Sending them back for a new one wasnt an option cause of shipping/ tax cost.

Lesson learnt. I NEVER buy something that hasnt been tested/ reviewed before the product release. Even if the price is very good. To good to be true.

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #4,901 of 5,890
My IEM suddenly got volume imbalances. Same problem as some other guys have. It was just like having 1/3 off the volume on the right side. Both grilles on the IEMs came loose. Just BARELY attached to some glue/ silicone before they dropped of. And im the kind of guy who take really good care of stuff and always have a case with me! Very disappointing! The Russians who pretested/ reviewed was very disappointed also about how the AQ7 turned out to be after the last "adjustments". They was pretty hyped but both the thread and hype stopped just after the release. I paid 1/3 off the msrp in late august and i think it wasnt even worth that. Sending them back for a new one wasnt an option cause of shipping/ tax cost.

Lesson learnt. I NEVER buy something that hasnt been tested/ reviewed before the product release. Even if the price is very good. To good to be true.
ouch! I never seen audiosense having qc problems before with their older iems...wonder what happened.

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4,902 of 5,890

Yeah AQ7 sound was just ok, definitely not worth the full price (I bought it during pre release price). I also had bass imbalance and sent it back to AS, but they measured it and said it measured "fine" . I asked for a return anyways and lost out on shipping and PayPal fees since it was past the aliexpress return window. Although I enjoyed audiosense t800 and dt200 in the past, AQ7 definitely was not the step up I was hoping for in terms of sound / build and ended up being a forgettable experience. I will also probably stay away from future pre-orders even with discounts.

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #4,903 of 5,890
Speaking of matters Audiosense, am currently still waiting (gasp) for arrival of formerly Asia-only set TX15, bought 11.11... for which the Ali X commentariat currently throws up but one sniffy review, calling it good for a "daily beater" .. Anyone else have these little bullets by now?

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #4,904 of 5,890
Speaking of matters Audiosense, am currently still waiting (gasp) for arrival of formerly Asia-only set TX15, bought 11.11... for which the Ali X commentariat currently throws up but one sniffy review, calling it good for a "daily beater" .. Anyone else have these little bullets by now?

Made a small impressions here about it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ressions-thread.909718/page-327#post-15983473

Won't recommend at full price ($30 USD). I bought mine at $9.50 after coupon gymnastics on 11.11. V shaped, boomy bass, not that great technicalities. Timbre is good. Non detachable cable, but comes with quite nice accessories. I gave mine to a family for Christmas after testing that it works, might be good for beginners, but I think u will have something better in your IEM collection.

Dec 29, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #4,905 of 5,890

Yeah AQ7 sound was just ok, definitely not worth the full price (I bought it during pre release price). I also had bass imbalance and sent it back to AS, but they measured it and said it measured "fine" . I asked for a return anyways and lost out on shipping and PayPal fees since it was past the aliexpress return window. Although I enjoyed audiosense t800 and dt200 in the past, AQ7 definitely was not the step up I was hoping for in terms of sound / build and ended up being a forgettable experience. I will also probably stay away from future pre-orders even with discounts.

Damn, that sucks. I guess I’ll have to really baby mine, in addition to crossing my fingers they don’t develop any trouble.

On a related note, do we know what the original (beta) version was tuned like? Do any FR graphs exist, so I can see what was changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back