AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #459 of 5,890
How do they compare imaging and soundstage wise ?

Well its quite a different experience since the ex1000s fit is so much more open. Someone described the soundstage difference prior as the t800 having a more oval shape compared to the ex1000, which i agree with. The t800s depth is where its different. The ex1000 sounds more open, but the t800s stage is really really good for the isolation you get. Imaging isnt hugely far off either sometimes giving it to the t800 probably because were going from 1 driver to 8. Overall they are very different iems, which i love because now i can justify owning both.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #460 of 5,890
Well its quite a different experience since the ex1000s fit is so much more open. Someone described the soundstage difference prior as the t800 having a more oval shape compared to the ex1000, which i agree with. The t800s depth is where its different. The ex1000 sounds more open, but the t800s stage is really really good for the isolation you get. Imaging isnt hugely far off either sometimes giving it to the t800 probably because were going from 1 driver to 8. Overall they are very different iems, which i love because now i can justify owning both.
T800 will extend better in the treble as well, i heard EX1000 before, the treble was not very well extended

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #461 of 5,890
T800 will extend better in the treble as well, i heard EX1000 before, the treble was not very well extended

Treble detail isnt too far off but dependant on tips used you are correct. They are both brighter iems though both still being well balanced. The t800s moreso balanced than the ex1000. Mids are fuller but for some tracks the low end on the ex1000 helps the low mids sound richer. Like i said, much different sound presentation between the 2 so its kind of tough to compare them. Not just because its dynamic vs multi ba, but because the way the ex1000 sits in your ear and is semi open, they just sound much different. They could be tuned exactly the same and still would be a different experience.

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #463 of 5,890
@blomman77 you have the T800 longer than me, do you think the treble feels less with more use or it is just my imagination, probably i just get used to the sound but the treble feels like it is less with more use

You should be aware that Knowles dampers do wear out/clog up, and need to be replaced from time to time. How often depends on numerous factors - dirt, dust, lint, sweat, how they’re stored, how often they’re used, earwax/skin buildup, etc.

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #465 of 5,890
Im debating on returning my ex800 for these and im receiving a pair of ier z1rs today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back