AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #3,526 of 5,890
He's the only one to take that view from the few reviews thus far, he's also currently ripping through a load of reviews for his ranking system almost 2 a day it seems. I was first not that overwhelmed by the AQ3's but after a decent burn/play prefer them to the T800's on the whole, much smoother throughout and easier to live with whilst having comparable detail retrieval and even bigger staging to my ears anyway. Don't think BGGA gave them enough time, Portafi/Cleg loves them and tend to prefer his tastes

It was actually the first time that I found myself somewhat holding a different opinion than his. They surely need more time to adjust.

The AQ3 are on a different level than the Blon, so I don't quite understand the ranking method in the spreadsheet.

Anyways, here's my humble review:

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #3,527 of 5,890
It was actually the first time that I found myself somewhat holding a different opinion than his. They surely need more time to adjust.

The AQ3 are on a different level than the Blon, so I don't quite understand the ranking method in the spreadsheet.

Anyways, here's my humble review:

Think its also a case of psychoacoustics vrs pscychographics. Bggar is a big believer in Graphs and tbh if I'd seen the V shaped graph before assessing them it may have influenced my perception, the more you listen the more you pick out more articulate forward mids. They don't sound anywhere near as rescest as the Shouer Tape (Bggar really rates), with cleaner more powerful bass and comparible micro detail and brauder more accurate staging.

Nice review btw, couldn't agree more

Feb 14, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #3,528 of 5,890
So, has anyone compared the tri i3 to the t800? When i had my t800 daily i really wasnt interested in trying anything new until the 6ba+dd was out, but, being 3 weeks or so without listening to them, ive begun down the rabbit hole again. Any comparisons? Worth owning both?

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #3,529 of 5,890
Does anyone know if any Knowles filter tool works with the T800 or if there is a specific size you need for it. Saw 2 different looking tool at aliexpress.

-1405731646-1965959624.jpg

20079225201101169434.jpg

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #3,530 of 5,890
Does anyone know if any Knowles filter tool works with the T800 or if there is a specific size you need for it. Saw 2 different looking tool at aliexpress.

I have both of those tools. They are both technically for Knowles damper filters.

The issue is that Knowles damper filters fit quite loosely in earphones like Shures, so in Shures either of those tools will work.

But the Knowles dampers in the T800 (at least mine anyways) are installed very tightly (as deep as they are in the nozzle), and they take a significant amount of force to install and remove. So for the T800 (at least mine anyways), the top tool wouldn’t work for me and I needed the bottom tool.

The top tool is manufactured much better quality though. The bottom tool is just an off the shelf cheap-o thread tapping tool. But the top tool is purpose-made just for Knowles dampers. It’s constructed of nicer grade steel, the machining is much higher quality, the handle is thicker and more substantial, etc.

Anyways, the top tool works great for T180, Shure earphones, etc. Bottom tool is what you want for T800.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #3,531 of 5,890
I have both of those tools. They are both technically for Knowles damper filters.

The issue is that Knowles damper filters fit quite loosely in earphones like Shures, so in Shures either of those tools will work.

But the Knowles dampers in the T800 (at least mine anyways) are installed very tightly (as deep as they are in the nozzle), and they take a significant amount of force to install and remove. So for the T800 (at least mine anyways), the top tool wouldn’t work for me and I needed the bottom tool.

The top tool is manufactured much better quality though. The bottom tool is just an off the shelf cheap-o thread tapping tool. But the top tool is purpose-made just for Knowles dampers. It’s constructed of nicer grade steel, the machining is much higher quality, the handle is thicker and more substantial, etc.

Anyways, the top tool works great for T180, Shure earphones, etc. Bottom tool is what you want for T800.
Nice because they also sell the filters ( or maybe they are called dampers?).

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #3,532 of 5,890
Nice because they also sell the filters ( or maybe they are called dampers?).

Yes, technically they are called dampers. But if you say Knowles filters people know what you mean. Well, at least audiophiles. The average person on the street wouldn’t know what the heck a Knowles damper or Knowles filter is if you hit them in the face with one lol

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #3,533 of 5,890

I'm waiting on mine, ordered both green and brown damper. How do you remove and replace? Bit worried now exerting force on my beloved T800

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #3,534 of 5,890
I'm waiting on mine, ordered both green and brown damper. How do you remove and replace? Bit worried now exerting force on my beloved T800

You just gently screw the tool into the damper a few turns, then pull it out of the nozzle. The installation of a new damper is the reverse. Just be careful and take your time.

Also, the dampers have a front and a back. They look similar though, so make sure you understand which side is which when working with them. It does matter, both for removal and for installation.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #3,535 of 5,890
You just gently screw the tool into the damper a few turns, then pull it out of the nozzle. The installation of a new damper is the reverse. Just be careful and take your time.

Also, the dampers have a front and a back. They look similar though, so make sure you understand which side is which when working with them. It does matter, both for removal and for installation.
Much appreciated. So screw clockwise then pull?

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #3,537 of 5,890
I'm really rating the aq3. I think it fits my needs perfectly. Btw they do sound better with more use. Sound awesome on my wm1z

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #3,539 of 5,890
Their real growers aren't they, there's a massive disparity between how they graph and how they present to your eardrum and brain, very clean
They can do quite balanced and real basshead. Great for my everyday use.

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #3,540 of 5,890
Might get them a balanced cable though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back