AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #3,466 of 5,890
The AQ3 are a tad smaller than the DM6. I will do my best to post a side by side picture tomorrow.
thanks, that´s great news to me as DM6 fit me like a glove. Hum, torn between AQ3 and Dunu DK2001.
I just watched a video review in Spanish (Vivir digital) of AQ3 and he rates it highly. He mentioned the treble on AQ3 is better than on the tri I3 if I recall correctly.

Feb 9, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #3,467 of 5,890
Any 6N, 7N 4.4mm balanced cable recommendations? I prefer not too thick cable like 16 strands. I would like maintain the signature (may be adding little more bass) and want to add more micro details and dynamic, sound stage. Thanks guys!

TRN 8 Core Pure Silver (T3 just 25usd empericaly tested at 96.5% pure so the real thing) I personally found adds a nice bit of everything particularly notable better staging, separation and clarity throughout. Great investment, not the longest cable but nice quality, tight weave, no natable microphonics and looks good with the silver of the carbon faceplate

Feb 9, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #3,468 of 5,890
Anyone with both AQ3 and Spring 1?

If so, could tell us if the AQ3 is in any sense an upgrade/upper tier IEM compared to Spring1, please?

I've ordered both and so would like to know if I should keep both or just one of them. (p.s. they weren't shiped yet)

Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #3,469 of 5,890
thanks, that´s great news to me as DM6 fit me like a glove. Hum, torn between AQ3 and Dunu DK2001.
I just watched a video review in Spanish (Vivir digital) of AQ3 and he rates it highly. He mentioned the treble on AQ3 is better than on the tri I3 if I recall correctly.

Here you go: AQ3 & DM6

Attachments

• 7c8d01d3-19a0-4a2c-94ce-3f95ae780682.jpg
    7c8d01d3-19a0-4a2c-94ce-3f95ae780682.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1663ea2c-eea9-4c82-8a86-8ef9e6f4b221.jpg
    1663ea2c-eea9-4c82-8a86-8ef9e6f4b221.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #3,471 of 5,890
Indeed.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #3,472 of 5,890
TRN 8 Core Pure Silver (T3 just 25usd empericaly tested at 96.5% pure so the real thing) I personally found adds a nice bit of everything particularly notable better staging, separation and clarity throughout. Great investment, not the longest cable but nice quality, tight weave, no natable microphonics and looks good with the silver of the carbon faceplate

Can you share the link to that test please?

I’ve personally dissected and analyzed too many TRN cables to just blindly trust anything they say. They cut every corner possible and have been known to do some sketchy stuff (at least with their cables). So I’ve skeptical since day 1 of a pure silver cable being offered at a fraction of the price of anyone else. I’d love to find out it’s totally true.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #3,473 of 5,890

I’ve personally dissected and analyzed too many TRN cables to just blindly trust anything they say. They cut every corner possible and have been known to do some sketchy stuff (at least with their cables). So I’ve skeptical since day 1 of a pure silver cable being offered at a fraction of the price of anyone else. I’d love to find out it’s totally true.

I was too but I know an defense electrical engineer who took his to work

I was skeptical at first especially as TRN claim 99.99% purity which isn't viable, too soft, seems more a translation. Haven't got a link I'm afraid just know someone who's a highly qualified electrical engineer and works for a large ministry of defence supplier. Using his works equipment (which he often does with new gear) came back at 96.8% silver, 2.1% copper and 1.1% nickel with various other trace elements. All I can say is he's now kitted all his favourite iems with the TRN T3 (mostly high end but some regular chifi-he's got the salary). It's the only cable I could confidentially blind test (and I've got a couple of nice 6n single crystal copper cables), way to bright for the T800 but expands the AQ3's markedly, cleans up my Tin hifi T4's but not quite as much as the balanced armatures it seems. It's not as expensive to buy in bulk as you'd think and as we know most of these Chinese firms run small margins. If you think about it logically TRN are a relatively large firm now and it's way to easy to test, you don't need to dissect it to prove it especially if you work with the right equipment

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #3,474 of 5,890
I was too but I know an defense electrical engineer who took his to work

I was skeptical at first especially as TRN claim 99.99% purity which isn't viable, too soft, seems more a translation. Haven't got a link I'm afraid just know someone who's a highly qualified electrical engineer and works for a large ministry of defence supplier. Using his works equipment (which he often does with new gear) came back at 96.8% silver, 2.1% copper and 1.1% nickel with various other trace elements. All I can say is he's now kitted all his favourite iems with the TRN T3 (mostly high end but some regular chifi-he's got the salary). It's the only cable I could confidentially blind test (and I've got a couple of nice 6n single crystal copper cables), way to bright for the T800 but expands the AQ3's markedly, cleans up my Tin hifi T4's but not quite as much as the balanced armatures it seems. It's not as expensive to buy in bulk as you'd think and as we know most of these Chinese firms run small margins. If you think about it logically TRN are a relatively large firm now and it's way to easy to test, you don't need to dissect it to prove it especially if you work with the right equipment
Don't know what exact metals testing was done... But know that "Xray Defraction" can be used to analyze small pieces of metal. However, it will only measure the metals in the surface. So a Silver Coated Copper cable , would also give the 96.8% result... because it's only measuring the silver layer that you (and the xrays) can "see".

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #3,475 of 5,890
Finally shipped my t800, cost 31$ to ship to china from the US, now begins the wait. Ill go ahead and guess there will be delays because of this virus outbreak there. I really just hope they actually get to audiosense, and i dont end up just out a few hundred bucks. Ive never dealt with warranty things outside the states, definitely not all the way to china. I really want to see some comparisons of the moondrop blessing 2, against the t800, im tempted to buy them since they would get here before i get the t800 back, and i have a void to fill in my portable audio rig. The t800 bass was good but its still BA bass, i want some of that dynamic magic in the low end and lower mids.

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #3,476 of 5,890
Don't know what exact metals testing was done... But know that "Xray Defraction" can be used to analyze small pieces of metal. However, it will only measure the metals in the surface. So a Silver Coated Copper cable , would also give the 96.8% result... because it's only measuring the silver layer that you (and the xrays) can "see".

I'll have to double check with him when I see him but I'm pretty sure he said was tested by its conductivity which g8ve

I'll have to double check with him but I'm pretty sure it was tested by its conductivity which might not be as accurate as some methods (sure he said +-3% accuracy) but gives a good indication. You can buy 'pure' silver cable for 10uad per meter so seems perfectly viable. Either way I'm 100% confident I could blind test it with the AQ3, more so the T800's and I couldn't say that for any other cable I've tested

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #3,477 of 5,890

Exactly.

It would have to use destructive testing. The wire would have to be cut, stripped of insulation, then melted and the metal assayed for purity.

I do already possess all the appropriate equipment and knowledge to properly perform the purity tests. I just need to decide if I’m even willing to throw the money away on the tests given TRNs track record with cables.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #3,478 of 5,890
I'll have to double check with him when I see him but I'm pretty sure he said was tested by its conductivity which g8ve

I'll have to double check with him but I'm pretty sure it was tested by its conductivity which might not be as accurate as some methods (sure he said +-3% accuracy) but gives a good indication. You can buy 'pure' silver cable for 10uad per meter so seems perfectly viable. Either way I'm 100% confident I could blind test it with the AQ3, more so the T800's and I couldn't say that for any other cable I've tested

Unfortunately, conductivity testing is only valid for solid metal and metal alloys. Whenever you have electroplated or coated metals, conductivity tests are not reliable.

In other words, your friend’s tests proved that they did at least use 95% sterling silver plating. It does not prove if the whole wire is sterling silver of 95% purity.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #3,479 of 5,890
Unfortunately, conductivity testing is only valid for solid metal and metal alloys. Whenever you have electroplated or coated metals, conductivity tests are not reliable.

So, what 'cheap' pure silver cable do you suggest?

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #3,480 of 5,890
So, what 'cheap' pure silver cable do you suggest?

Well, I’m not saying that the TRN cable is or isn’t pure, solid silver (not just silver plated). I would have to do assay testing of a TRN cable to know for sure.

I DO know for a 100% fact that FiiO makes a pure, solid silver cable of very high quality. It runs $100, which is a very reasonable price. That’s why the low price of the TRN cable raises big red flag for me.

As far as the price, $10/meter is a pretty good rule of thumb price for solid silver wire of the typical gauge used for headphone cables. However, if you have a multi-core cable, you have to multiply that price x8 for an 8-core cable, x16 for a 16-core cable, etc.

So assuming a cable is 0.5meter long, an 8-core cable would use 4 meters of cable. At $10/meter, that’s $40 for JUST the bare wire. You then have to add in the ends, y split, soldering, labor, packaging, shipping, profit, etc.

See why a “pure silver” 8-core cable for $23 shipped sounds awfully suspicious and too good to be true? Especially given TRNs history of using fake wires that aren’t even connected anywhere, super thick insulation to make wires appear that the copper conductor is a heavier gauge than it really is, etc.

I’d love to get one of these T3 silver cables, properly test it, and be pleasantly surprised by TRN.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back