AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #3,451 of 5,890
they already growing, with simple change of tips, they are very tip dependent, a bit more than usual

Any more improvement after more listing?

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #3,455 of 5,890
Feb 8, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #3,456 of 5,890
Be interested to see another graph as agreed it is 'slightly' V shaped but most people are celebrating a near neutral tonality especially for a hybrid. Reviews seem pretty consistent thus far which is pretty rare given the subjectivity of this game
they have dip only in the lower mids and it is not big, the timber of the vocals is very good both male and female, the male vocals are one step back compared to the female vocals though

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #3,457 of 5,890
I have just bought a set of aq3. These can do absolutely slamming bass but with great mids and decent highs. Bargain

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #3,458 of 5,890
I have just bought a set of aq3. These can do absolutely slamming bass but with great mids and decent highs. Bargain

Yeah, they're great. But use an amp for better SQ.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #3,459 of 5,890
Yeah, they're great. But use an amp for better SQ.
Been using them with a fiio q5s. Funny everyone saying they are a balanced set. To me they are basshead. I love them

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #3,460 of 5,890
they have dip only in the lower mids and it is not big, the timber of the vocals is very good both male and female, the male vocals are one step back compared to the female vocals though

Tbh I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I wouldn't go as far as the lower mids and male vocals are rescest perhaps a touch veiled. I'm hazarding a guess the higher register female vocals are predominantly dealt with by the BA's and lower male more by the upper frequencies of Dynamic, it's far less noticeably than any other hybrid I've used with a smoother blend. The taught titanium driver seems to resolve similar to the Knowles Balanced Armatures so don't get that almost stark contrast in tonality I've heard in many Hybrids, maybe that harmony gives the impression of being more neutral/balanced. If that make sense?

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #3,461 of 5,890
Tbh I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I wouldn't go as far as the lower mids and male vocals are rescest perhaps a touch veiled. I'm hazarding a guess the higher register female vocals are predominantly dealt with by the BA's and lower male more by the upper frequencies of Dynamic, it's far less noticeably than any other hybrid I've used with a smoother blend. The taught titanium driver seems to resolve similar to the Knowles Balanced Armatures so don't get that almost stark contrast in tonality I've heard in many Hybrids, maybe that harmony gives the impression of being more neutral/balanced. If that make sense?
what makes it more natural despite the dip in the lower mids and upper bass is the level of the upper midrange, is not forward, is more neutral sounding, so the contrast between lower and upper mids is not that big at the end

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #3,462 of 5,890
Any 6N, 7N 4.4mm balanced cable recommendations? I prefer not too thick cable like 16 strands. I would like maintain the signature (may be adding little more bass) and want to add more micro details and dynamic, sound stage. Thanks guys!

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #3,463 of 5,890
Feb 9, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #3,465 of 5,890
would love to see a picture of AQ3 side by side to BGVP DM6 or similar size, to get an idea of how big they are.
TIA, Jose

The AQ3 are a tad smaller than the DM6. I will do my best to post a side by side picture tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back