AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #3,226 of 5,890
Never used the C5 so maybe the others can help.

I've been using the stock tips with the T800 for half a year, I quite like it (comfort, isolation and sonic wise), but we all have different ear anatomies, so YMMV.
Are u treble sensitive? The general consensus seems to be JVC spiral dots or foams for treble sensitive folks, as the T800 is a bright IEM and these may tame the treble to some extent.

i would say i'm more sensitive to the high mids and lower treble but not overly so.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #3,227 of 5,890
i would say i'm more sensitive to the high mids and lower treble but not overly so.

The T800 is very sensitive to not only eartip type, but depth of eartip insertion.
Knowles filters may also help with the treble region, they come in different resistances and they're a few bucks from Aliexpress (do get a knowles filter tool for removal of filters).

I'm actually borderline treble sensitive, and after exploring different permutations such as cables, eartips, knowles filters etc, I am currently just using the T800 for the past 6 months with stock filter and stock eartips, the only different accessory I added is a copper cable to help lower the treble a tinge. I know not everyone believes in cables changing the sound signature, but the T800 is super low impedance and FWIW it makes a difference for my ears.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #3,228 of 5,890
The T800 is very sensitive to not only eartip type, but depth of eartip insertion.
Knowles filters may also help with the treble region, they come in different resistances and they're a few bucks from Aliexpress (do get a knowles filter tool for removal of filters).

I'm actually borderline treble sensitive, and after exploring different permutations such as cables, eartips, knowles filters etc, I am currently just using the T800 for the past 6 months with stock filter and stock eartips, the only different accessory I added is a copper cable to help lower the treble a tinge. I know not everyone believes in cables changing the sound signature, but the T800 is super low impedance and FWIW it makes a difference for my ears.

which cable did you go with?

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #3,229 of 5,890
T800 has amazing mids. I have said it in the past and will say it again. If a song is mastered with mids that are put in the back slightly. The T800 will give you that. If the song is muddy, it will give you that. Mastering of a song plays a MASSIVE roll in how good a song sound. Especially on highly resolving gear. It is something that really annoyed me when people were bashing the Tin P1 on that Rihanna song. Yes a peak in the frequency could cause some sibilance. But they never considered the mastering of the song. So what did I do... I tried a whole bunch of iems and headphones and BAM. Many other iems and headphones showed the same thing in the same song. Before you truly judge iems and headphones. Also judge your music. Mastering is sometimes the biggest cause of sibilance. Or a muddy or bassy sound. Or to much treble. Or congested soundstage. Just got the chance to listen to the Tin P1 and DAMN!!! It's amazing. Truly amazing. Soundstage is smaller compared to the T800, but it isn't tiny and no where near congested. Separation is superb and Imaging is great but I do feel the T800 win slightly. But clarity and detail retrieval and the mids, my oh my it's true next level. Truly, I have put it on order after my first listen. But damn the low end is clean and tight but does need some eq. But clarity and detail is insane. An extremely transparent iem it is and I have not heard detail like that before. But the T800 I surely the iem when you want to rock out and sing out loud. Much more funner. But Tin P1, it's spine tingling clear and detailed.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #3,230 of 5,890
T800 has amazing mids. I have said it in the past and will say it again. If a song is mastered with mids that are put in the back slightly. The T800 will give you that. If the song is muddy, it will give you that. Mastering of a song plays a MASSIVE roll in how good a song sound. Especially on highly resolving gear. It is something that really annoyed me when people were bashing the Tin P1 on that Rihanna song. Yes a peak in the frequency could cause some sibilance. But they never considered the mastering of the song. So what did I do... I tried a whole bunch of iems and headphones and BAM. Many other iems and headphones showed the same thing in the same song. Before you truly judge iems and headphones. Also judge your music. Mastering is sometimes the biggest cause of sibilance. Or a muddy or bassy sound. Or to much treble. Or congested soundstage. Just got the chance to listen to the Tin P1 and DAMN!!! It's amazing. Truly amazing. Soundstage is smaller compared to the T800, but it isn't tiny and no where near congested. Separation is superb and Imaging is great but I do feel the T800 win slightly. But clarity and detail retrieval and the mids, my oh my it's true next level. Truly, I have put it on order after my first listen. But damn the low end is clean and tight but does need some eq. But clarity and detail is insane. An extremely transparent iem it is and I have not heard detail like that before. But the T800 I surely the iem when you want to rock out and sing out loud. Much more funner. But Tin P1, it's spine tingling clear and detailed.

This can be a common pitfall for some people that have never had highly resolving/detailed headphones before.

Flaws in their music (mastering, etc), low quality/low bitrate music, and/or mediocre/mismatched/or underpowered sources all get blamed on the headphone itself.

That’s why it’s important to evaluate new headphones using test tracks or albums that you know inside, outside, and backwards. You can instantly pick out details that are present or missing, sibilance that originated from the headphone itself and not the music, etc.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #3,231 of 5,890
That’s why it’s important to evaluate new headphones using test tracks or albums that you know inside, outside, and backwards. You can instantly pick out details that are present or missing, sibilance that originated from the headphone itself and not the music, etc.

Particularly good to include some familiar tracks that you know have some specific technical flaws that can potentially bother you. Because you're probably not going to stop listening to that song you like just because the recording tends to be sibilant, or whatever. So good to know whether the earphone will exacerbate those isues.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #3,232 of 5,890
Particularly good to include some familiar tracks that you know have some specific technical flaws that can potentially bother you. Because you're probably not going to stop listening to that song you like just because the recording tends to be sibilant, or whatever. So good to know whether the earphone will exacerbate those isues.

Totally agree.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #3,233 of 5,890
This is off topic. But does anyone own the Tin Hifi P1? I know it has extremly tight, clean low end but it is light. But being a planar, planar drivers can handle eq extremely well. How does the P1 sound with eq? Maybe a 3 or 4db increase at 31 and 3.5 to 2.5 db increase at 62.... It's what I used to do when I owned the Isine 20 and damn would they pump out insane low end and they still were crystal clear. I also know planars need heaps of juice. I got the E1DA 9038s for that so no issue there.

I have the P1( and the T800) but don't eq it. While it doesn't have amazing bass the sound is amazing. I find the P1s to be incredibly sensitive to tips and position in the ear. For critical listening, the P1s are my go-to.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #3,234 of 5,890
Stock fearless tips / Symbio Peel work great for me, as well as Electro acousti pure silver + 7n OCC Litz (175 in hakuzen list). I really satisfied with the performance, I just have that itch versus the empty wallet

I tried Hakuzen's 175 with the T800, but then switched to a pure copper cable, and it is significantly better, particularly the bass.

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #3,235 of 5,890
I tried Hakuzen's 175 with the T800, but then switched to a pure copper cable, and it is significantly better, particularly the bass.
Yes 175 and 800 dont match

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #3,236 of 5,890
Yes 175 and 800 dont match

So what would be good budget choice for T800? All my better cables are 2 pin. The only spare mmcx I have is $20 Fdbro SPC I think it's a nicehck rebrand

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #3,237 of 5,890
Jan 14, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #3,238 of 5,890
So does anyone here own the AQ3 and can give some impressions / comparisons? I'm currently searching for IEMs in that price range and those caught my eye, but there is not much info available. Thinking about the Tin T4 or the P1, but the AQ3s look quite promising.

Jan 14, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #3,239 of 5,890
I saw a microscope picture of the carbon nanotube drivers. There is a 0.1% coating on the diagraph its not even coating. There are just a few tiny dots. It was the blon driver. I think they just put a minimal amount of a material on the driver to call it. Carbon diamond what ever

But i think that doesen't mean that premium drivers do the same.
Where did you find this information? Where ever you found it, it seems like a nice source of info.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #3,240 of 5,890
Where did you find this information? Where ever you found it, it seems like a nice source of info.

It wasn’t carbon nanotubes; it was graphene he was thinking of.
5591844E-5042-45A3-8ECD-07BF6566A03F.jpeg

The article is here:
http://www.loudspeakerindustrysourc...raphene-in-commercial-loudspeaker-products-93

With a bonus article on the topic here:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06939-4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back