AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #3,211 of 5,890
Hmmm. Have not heard of Titanium dynamic driver, but looks like Fiio, Dunu, and JBL has put out such drivers in the market in the past. So, we have varieties of dynamic driver materials out in the market: Diamond like Carbon, Carbon Nanotube, Beryllium, Mylar, Graphene, Biocellulose or Nanofiber based

Question is, which is the lightest with the most stiffness?

H67795f62f6424cee864abe9e2ac544b2w.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #3,212 of 5,890
Hmmm. Have not heard of Titanium dynamic driver, but looks like Fiio, Dunu, and JBL has put out such drivers in the market in the past. So, we have varieties of dynamic driver materials out in the market: Diamond like Carbon, Carbon Nanotube, Beryllium, Mylar, Graphene, Biocellulose or Nanofiber based

I think these materials must be coated and implemented properly to truly work: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-3023#post-15331995

I suspect there's an element of marketing gimick especially at the budget segment where some companies namedrop certain novel materials being used in their drivers to try to stand out from the fierce competition. Assuming they are properly implemented, then maybe this article is useful: https://www.audioreviews.org/carbon-based-drivers/

Another useful input from @Slater (credit to him): https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1874#post-15293524

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #3,213 of 5,890
Stock eartips are vain IMO I use a strange super big transparent white eartips that permit the T800 to never move and offer spacious out of your head soundstage. I dont know where it came from.

They look like AZLA SednaEarfitLight tips to me, Amazon has them ..$15 for two pair or 4 tips...here is size info..
5B30D8D7-742D-4DA1-AF5C-6FED6872094D.jpeg E131AE5B-FBB7-48DC-A58D-A5B3CC988E33.jpeg 9BC8578A-9FBD-44A1-B04A-B383DE85A97D.jpeg

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #3,214 of 5,890
I think these materials must be coated and implemented properly to truly work: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-3023#post-15331995

I suspect there's an element of marketing gimick especially at the budget segment where some companies namedrop certain novel materials being used in their drivers to try to stand out from the fierce competition. Assuming they are properly implemented, then maybe this article is useful: https://www.audioreviews.org/carbon-based-drivers/

Another useful input from @Slater (credit to him): https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1874#post-15293524
I saw a microscope picture of the carbon nanotube drivers. There is a 0.1% coating on the diagraph its not even coating. There are just a few tiny dots. It was the blon driver. I think they just put a minimal amount of a material on the driver to call it. Carbon diamond what ever

But i think that doesen't mean that premium drivers do the same.

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #3,215 of 5,890
I saw a microscope picture of the carbon nanotube drivers. There is a 0.1% coating on the diagraph its not even coating. There are just a few tiny dots. It was the blon driver. I think they just put a minimal amount of a material on the driver to call it. Carbon diamond what ever

Thanks for the info, yeah agreed 100% that some of the cheaper CHIFI are not implementing it properly. Maybe it might even make the sound poorer with improper implementation.

Though I think at the more expensive segments eg DUNU LUNA, eg Focal Utopia, the materials are used properly to impart the sound signature that these TOTL sets are aiming for.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #3,216 of 5,890

Are you thinking of the photo of graphene-sprayed drivers that Ora posted?

Carbon nanotube drivers are different.

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #3,217 of 5,890
T800 vs S8F?
I don't know what got into me, I suddenly got interested in T800 again. Before I bought S8F I was considering it. I went with Fearless but now I have a doubt did I make the right choice?
I'm perfectly happy with S8F but I guess I'm hoping for bigger sub bass presence and more extended but not sibant highs in T800 (not that S8F is sibilant).
Any thoughts?

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #3,218 of 5,890
T800 vs S8F?
I don't know what got into me, I suddenly got interested in T800 again. Before I bought S8F I was considering it. I went with Fearless but now I have a doubt did I make the right choice?
I'm perfectly happy with S8F but I guess I'm hoping for bigger sub bass presence and more extended but not sibant highs in T800 (not that S8F is sibilant).
Any thoughts?
Yes the t800 has more sub bass i never listen to the s8f but i heard it should be overall better then the t800. Maybe try a copper cable and other tips whit your s8f and some slightly eq. Or look into a ba dd hybrid

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #3,219 of 5,890

there are so many coating material but i believe some have same base material, just like @baskingshark said, marketing gimmicks to attract customer.
we need Vibranium coated DD from Wakanda

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #3,220 of 5,890
Stock fearless tips / Symbio Peel work great for me, as well as Electro acousti pure silver + 7n OCC Litz (175 in hakuzen list). I really satisfied with the performance, I just have that itch versus the empty wallet

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #3,221 of 5,890
T800 vs S8F?
Any thoughts?

None of my own, but read this:

I agree with you. I've even bought Fearless S8F thinking it would be a step up from T800, because a lot of people were praising it and it seemed like a nobrainer for the money (rank A from Crin).
However I actually prefer the T800 and trust me, I've tried hard to find what S8F does better, but so far I don't see the point.

Sure, bass on S8F is much more controlled and overall it sounds faster, but I wouldn't say its better.
Upper bass and lower mids is boosted on S8F which I don't find natural (some prefer this presentation more - similar to Andromedas). Tonality is much better on T800, for me there is sometimes just too much bass (thats why I'm using pure silver cable). I don't understand how one can say T800 is V-shaped, because for me S8F is V-shaped :D Just to be clear, when I call something V-shaped, some information in the mids is in the backround, basically overshadowed by bass and/or treble, which is exactly what I'm hearing with S8F. I mean, its not that bad, but some vocals and guitars just sound further back than they should. I consider Sennheiser HD600 line to be benchmarks for the mids (I own modded HD580) just so you know where I'm coming from.

Bass on T800 extends much deeper and its more fun to listen to, although I understand it can be too much for some (when I'm traveling, its actually a plus). The mids are much more correct sounding and somewhat more romantic on T800. Note I swapped the stock grey damper for a white one (upper mid peak was sometimes too forward for me). After an easy mod, I find the mids perfect for IEM.

Treble was the biggest surprise for me. Even though T800 measures with a noticeable dip around 6kHz, the treble sound so correct for a BA and it has really nice extension. I know some people find it sharp, but its really easy to tame the treble. (don't be afraid to ask if you don't know what materials to use) I was using metal nozzle screen for protection for a while, but after I've found out it messes up with upper treble I removed it. In comparison, S8F doesn't extend that well in upper treble and the cymbals sound unnatural for me, I don't want to say plasticky, but it reminds me of that.

I don't know if personal preference plays that big of a role here, or if Crin didn't want to waste his time by trying different tips,cables, sources with T800, but for me T800 is a clear winner (I don't even want to say that T800 has much better soundstage...). Maybe we have different ears, or he just doesn't wan't to admit some cheap gear sounds better than some flagships, or I didn't find the right source for S8F (note that T800 fits my ear a lot better, nozzle of S8F is a bit too big for me).

I don't want this to look like I'm some kind of a Fearless/Crin hater, because I actually really appreciate what he is doing for this community, but let me say that until you try it for yourself, you will never know for sure and this is true especially when talking iems. I hope some of you will find this post imformative, I wrote it on my long way home on a train :D

If I could change one thing about T800, it would be the bass, although its really engaging, I'd prefer it more controlled and neutral and I'm really curious what Audiosense release in the future. The two models looks interesting, but some DD+4BA flagship would be really interesting :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #3,222 of 5,890
Stock fearless tips / Symbio Peel work great for me, as well as Electro acousti pure silver + 7n OCC Litz (175 in hakuzen list). I really satisfied with the performance, I just have that itch versus the empty wallet
I have the 175 from hakuzens list too there is the problem that pure silver part kills the bass even on the t800

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #3,223 of 5,890
I have the 175 from hakuzens list too there is the problem that pure silver part kills the bass even on the t800
Yes, I also tried the ISN S16 cable on the T800 and I missed the bass, I still prefer the stock SPC cable where the bass seemed to be also too much at first but after 6 mos with the T800, I can't find faults with it now, the bass presence is just enough to make it not too fatiguing for my taste.

The mids I thought where the weakest part of the T800 before, but after a lot of time with them I think they are just accurate depending on the recording, wherein in badly recorded tracks they were recessed, but in well-recorded tracks, they are really on the right spot and very detailed.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #3,225 of 5,890
Hey all. I have a HiBy C5 on the way, would the T800 be a good match? Also what's the general consensus for tips?

Never used the C5 so maybe the others can help.

I've been using the stock tips with the T800 for half a year, I quite like it (comfort, isolation and sonic wise), but we all have different ear anatomies, so YMMV.
Are u treble sensitive? The general consensus seems to be JVC spiral dots or foams for treble sensitive folks, as the T800 is a bright IEM and these may tame the treble to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back