AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #3,151 of 5,890
Are we done crucifying a person for giving his opinion yet?

When you charge people for your opinion ya better be ready to take some criticism. If not... Might wanna do something else.

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #3,154 of 5,890
Maybe get your facts right first? I don't charge people simply for my opinion. Is it too much to ask for people to be respectful of differing opinions?

I am not sure what reality you live in that having a patreon so people can have access to your most updated list (containing your opinions) isn't "charging people for your opinions".. So in that vain yes, it is too much to ask. Sure there are some measurements but those are also offered with your opinions attached. When you offer a service for money that is solely based on your opinions - respect for those opinions is subtracted from that equation as they now become a product. The only reason anyone pays you is that they trust your opinion (your product).

That fact you are in here acting like you deserve respect is pretty asinine. The thing you get is money for your product. If you want respect as your currency then do things a different way.

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #3,155 of 5,890
I am not sure what reality you live in that having a patreon so people can have access to your most updated list (containing your opinions) isn't "charging people for your opinions".. So in that vain yes, it is too much to ask. Sure there are some measurements but those are also offered with your opinions attached. When you offer a service for money that is solely based on your opinions - respect for those opinions is subtracted from that equation as they now become a product. The only reason anyone pays you is that they trust your opinion (your product).

That fact you are in here acting like you deserve respect is pretty asinine. The thing you get is money for your product. If you want respect as your currency then do things a different way.

First of all, everyone gets access to my content. The fact that you've just read my article on my website is already proof of that. The Patreon post aren't even my full, written out opinions; I just put letter-grades on things I've tried tentatively because articles take time to write. The "most updated list" on my Patreon isn't even updated most of the time, it's just super-early ranks of things that I don't feel comfortable sharing in public just yet.

In essence, the Patreon thing is a place where people want to give their support to me, and do so. The opinions themselves are not even locked away; I am a very open person and respond to messages very very often and whenever possible. The only thing that's paywalled are rankings, and even then it's because I don't feel comfortable with sharing these very early rankings to the public because I haven't finalised them yet or because I'm still re-arranging stuff behind the scenes. Everything I offer is free to the public, and you're not doing anybody any favours pretending that I have a magical wonderland of content locked behind Patreon and subsequently disappoint those who realise that that isn't the case at all.

I come in here expecting respect because the hobby is a subjective one and everyone deserves to have their opinions heard and respected. Doesn't matter if you're somebody like me or a newbie; everyone DESERVES respect. Just because people support me in a monetary way does not mean that this respect is automatically stripped away from me; I think that's the asinine rationale here.

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #3,157 of 5,890
SarcasticWelloffFinch-size_restricted.gif

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #3,158 of 5,890
honestly that guy just way over the line with the bull, don't like him ranks your chifi so low. then maybe put a coherent thoughts that u have instead of attacking someone's character or credibility

seems like a super crappy way to argue your point. unless your goal is just to stirr some crap with stupid low effort post then what the hell are u doing here anyway?

but anyway im here for the drama so please continue

*eats pop corn at the sides*

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #3,159 of 5,890
Seems like everyone is butthurt because Crin rated their beloved lofi Chifi IEM badly, get over it.

It's people simply stating that they disagree with his opinion. T800 is a popular IEM, and crin is a respected reviewer. So people that own and enjoy listening to the T800 are rightfully stating their own opinion in response to the mediocre/poor rating that crin gave it. Don't see the big deal here. Would you expect people to all of a sudden state that they think the IEM they enjoy now sucks bc crin says so?

I see both sides here. Nobody should take any of this personal. Also agree attacking crins credibility is over the line. His respect is well deserved. I don't personally agree w/ all of his views, but I still respect what he does for the community.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #3,160 of 5,890

OK.

I am an owner of T800, and I still respect Crinacle's opinion. T800 is a fun IEM with a big bass, and a very bright treble. But tell me... What is that that makes it special? Cymbals are not there. Mids lack resolution very oftenly, this stuff is very tip dependent. Even then its resolution is... Average. Not that I dislike it, but hell... Why are you spreading lies cause you don't like his ranking of it? Everyone needs respect, audio is subjective.

In this hobby you are going for the best of the best. Can T800 give you that? No. There is a reason why an 8BA IEM costs $298. Just accept his opinion. What does it make you mad about that ranking bro? It's not like you are Audiosense's owner so you're going bankrupt cause of it. Making lies cause you didn't like something just tells what kind of person you are.

As Crinacle said, there is nothing special on his paid Patreon. It is your good will to pay for it. You can still compare graphs and everything, you will still get all the rankings and such.

The only thing I would love is if the target curve comparisons were free, but then again, it is his choice. He is a great reviewer with an unique type of reviewing, with tons of graphs, and his objective-subjective ranking list on which a lot of people agree with and are very useful for a lot of people that buy IEMs. This is why so much people like him. I would be glad to pay for his Patreon. He deserves it. He puts a lot of work in his reviewer job.

This Chi-Fi extreme fanboying needs to stop. Spreading lies cause you can't accept somebody **** on your stuff and you are not even an owner of the company. Makes me question: are you sad cause you paid for that thing and now you're asking in yourself why you bought it, cause a reviewer you secretly respect in yourself gave his opinion that you dislike, so now you're going in a fight against him?

EDIT: If you liked T800, do not change your opinion on it just because somebody said it is not that great.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #3,163 of 5,890
Crin is the only one in here that seems to be butthurt. I stated my piece about his opinion and moved on as did a couple others, it would have never came up again if he not come in here demanding respect for his opinion. In fact the more I think about what respect didn't we give? Because we disagreed with you? So now it's disrespectful to disagree with someone's opinion?!? You are acting like we were in here talking all sorts of nonsense about you, when in fact we were questioning your opinions about IEMs. Not sure where the disrespect even comes into the conversation here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back