AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #3,121 of 5,890
Very nice, from those graphs the two BAs model is more to my liking

Ya agreed, I like the 2 BA FR more than the AQ3's too. Though it's a bit pricey for a 2 BA set, but Audiosense has an excellent track record, so can't wait to hear first impressions for these 2 IEMs.

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #3,123 of 5,890
https://crinacle.com/2020/01/02/the-big-new-years-update-the-insignificants/

So Crinacle finally posted about the T800. I guess he thinks it only gets a C... Makes me question his entire list after that. It should at least be a B- or a C+ if you wanna be super picky comparing it to others around that same level. I would defiantly put it B territory myself. Whatever I suppose, just one persons opinion.

I mean, he says this about the QDC Fusion "Dulled transients and lacks detailing. Tonality is merely okay." and it gets a B-.... LOL He really has no neg to say about t800 just that they aren't special...

I would assume they have better Transients and detail over the fusion but yet, they are rated worse? lol

I agree with you. I've even bought Fearless S8F thinking it would be a step up from T800, because a lot of people were praising it and it seemed like a nobrainer for the money (rank A from Crin).
However I actually prefer the T800 and trust me, I've tried hard to find what S8F does better, but so far I don't see the point.

Sure, bass on S8F is much more controlled and overall it sounds faster, but I wouldn't say its better.
Upper bass and lower mids is boosted on S8F which I don't find natural (some prefer this presentation more - similar to Andromedas). Tonality is much better on T800, for me there is sometimes just too much bass (thats why I'm using pure silver cable). I don't understand how one can say T800 is V-shaped, because for me S8F is V-shaped :D Just to be clear, when I call something V-shaped, some information in the mids is in the backround, basically overshadowed by bass and/or treble, which is exactly what I'm hearing with S8F. I mean, its not that bad, but some vocals and guitars just sound further back than they should. I consider Sennheiser HD600 line to be benchmarks for the mids (I own modded HD580) just so you know where I'm coming from.

Bass on T800 extends much deeper and its more fun to listen to, although I understand it can be too much for some (when I'm traveling, its actually a plus). The mids are much more correct sounding and somewhat more romantic on T800. Note I swapped the stock grey damper for a white one (upper mid peak was sometimes too forward for me). After an easy mod, I find the mids perfect for IEM.

Treble was the biggest surprise for me. Even though T800 measures with a noticeable dip around 6kHz, the treble sound so correct for a BA and it has really nice extension. I know some people find it sharp, but its really easy to tame the treble. (don't be afraid to ask if you don't know what materials to use) I was using metal nozzle screen for protection for a while, but after I've found out it messes up with upper treble I removed it. In comparison, S8F doesn't extend that well in upper treble and the cymbals sound unnatural for me, I don't want to say plasticky, but it reminds me of that.

I don't know if personal preference plays that big of a role here, or if Crin didn't want to waste his time by trying different tips,cables, sources with T800, but for me T800 is a clear winner (I don't even want to say that T800 has much better soundstage...). Maybe we have different ears, or he just doesn't wan't to admit some cheap gear sounds better than some flagships, or I didn't find the right source for S8F (note that T800 fits my ear a lot better, nozzle of S8F is a bit too big for me).

I don't want this to look like I'm some kind of a Fearless/Crin hater, because I actually really appreciate what he is doing for this community, but let me say that until you try it for yourself, you will never know for sure and this is true especially when talking iems. I hope some of you will find this post imformative, I wrote it on my long way home on a train :D

If I could change one thing about T800, it would be the bass, although its really engaging, I'd prefer it more controlled and neutral and I'm really curious what Audiosense release in the future. The two models looks interesting, but some DD+4BA flagship would be really interesting :)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3,125 of 5,890
I agree with you. I've even bought Fearless S8F thinking it would be a step up from T800, because a lot of people were praising it and it seemed like a nobrainer for the money (rank A from Crin).
However I actually prefer the T800 and trust me, I've tried hard to find what S8F does better, but so far I don't see the point.

:)

He actually gives the S8f like a B- i think. I just wonder if he even listened to them or let them break in and change cable at least, which I am sure he did not too. I know for whatever reason after a bit of burn in mine smoothed out in the treble. With my Hybrid SPC / Copper ISN cable I use I think they sound perfect tonally. Bass is a little forward but thats how I like it, and they open airy sound without being harsh in the treble like a lot others that get that "air" sound. I am also not sure I would say these are V shaped either. I never feel like the mids or vocals are pushed back.

I dont know, just sorta took me back after reading the list this morning. Not that I ever paid much attention to his list outside of looking up things I already bought but, now I have even less of a reason to seek it out at all. Some people pay for that!!?!?!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #3,127 of 5,890
Using a good copper cable and symbio peeled mandarin e, not wide bore, bass isnt forward at all. Its settled back if anything. You have got to play with at least tips on iems before judging them, cables are usually fine except on cheaper chi fi stuff. Also, source can make massive differences, so is he trying anything at all? I know when i tried the t800 with foams i hated them, didnt care too much for them with spiral dots either, wasnt until i got the symbios on did i really like them.

Also, im pretty dissapointed to ser the next from audiosense is a 2ba + dd, was really hoping for a 4ba+ dd hybrid flagship to throw money at!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #3,128 of 5,890
Jan 3, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #3,130 of 5,890
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #3,131 of 5,890

Sure, bass on S8F is much more controlled and overall it sounds faster, but I wouldn't say its better.
Upper bass and lower mids is boosted on S8F which I don't find natural (some prefer this presentation more - similar to Andromedas). Tonality is much better on T800, for me there is sometimes just too much bass (thats why I'm using pure silver cable). I don't understand how one can say T800 is V-shaped, because for me S8F is V-shaped :D Just to be clear, when I call something V-shaped, some information in the mids is in the backround, basically overshadowed by bass and/or treble, which is exactly what I'm hearing with S8F. I mean, its not that bad, but some vocals and guitars just sound further back than they should. I consider Sennheiser HD600 line to be benchmarks for the mids (I own modded HD580) just so you know where I'm coming from.

Bass on T800 extends much deeper and its more fun to listen to, although I understand it can be too much for some (when I'm traveling, its actually a plus). The mids are much more correct sounding and somewhat more romantic on T800. Note I swapped the stock grey damper for a white one (upper mid peak was sometimes too forward for me). After an easy mod, I find the mids perfect for IEM.

Treble was the biggest surprise for me. Even though T800 measures with a noticeable dip around 6kHz, the treble sound so correct for a BA and it has really nice extension. I know some people find it sharp, but its really easy to tame the treble. (don't be afraid to ask if you don't know what materials to use) I was using metal nozzle screen for protection for a while, but after I've found out it messes up with upper treble I removed it. In comparison, S8F doesn't extend that well in upper treble and the cymbals sound unnatural for me, I don't want to say plasticky, but it reminds me of that.

I don't know if personal preference plays that big of a role here, or if Crin didn't want to waste his time by trying different tips,cables, sources with T800, but for me T800 is a clear winner (I don't even want to say that T800 has much better soundstage...). Maybe we have different ears, or he just doesn't wan't to admit some cheap gear sounds better than some flagships, or I didn't find the right source for S8F (note that T800 fits my ear a lot better, nozzle of S8F is a bit too big for me).

I don't want this to look like I'm some kind of a Fearless/Crin hater, because I actually really appreciate what he is doing for this community, but let me say that until you try it for yourself, you will never know for sure and this is true especially when talking iems. I hope some of you will find this post imformative, I wrote it on my long way home on a train :D

If I could change one thing about T800, it would be the bass, although its really engaging, I'd prefer it more controlled and neutral and I'm really curious what Audiosense release in the future. The two models looks interesting, but some DD+4BA flagship would be really interesting :)
I have made a post earlier comparing many different iems and I can also agree that I much prefer the T800 over the Fearless S8f. The S8f has a faster and tighter low end but actual detail and texture goes to the T800. If you have a neutral source and eartips that lessen the low end you are set. I have never found the low end to be to much. For me it's perfect. Maybe I am a semi basshead, but to say the Oriveti New Primacy feels like it has more low end...... At the end of the day, it's your choice what you like best. But the S8f the treble was pretty meh, rolled off to quickly. I much prefer the Moondrop A8. But I even still prefer the T800. It just gets so much right. And using a UPOCC Litz copper cable has tamed the low end while cleaning things up. I still want to try filters though but honestly I can't fault the T800. I have tried so many songs and the mids are actually not recessed. They are correct. It's all about the mastering of the song. If mids have been mastered in the back, they will not sound forward. If they have been mastered correctly or forward, it will give you that. The low end is tighter and cleaner now. And treble is smooth but yet so extended. It really is making me check my playlist. So many iems have made things sound so forward in songs. But after I listen to the T800. It's a eye opener and makes me think why do the other iems feel like they are trying and sound unatural. Female vocals would sound pushed forward and same with males vocals on songs where the mids have been mastered in the back. And with songs that have forward mids, it just sound too forward or even "honky" at times. The T800 have great mids. Really great mids. And treble sounds so right. Iems that are considered smooth such as the Oriveti New Primacy and Beyerdynamic Xelento I feel bother me more in the treble sometimes...

Update: Has anyone noticed JVC spiral dots tame overall the whole sound but makes the mids slightly pushed back? Just slightly. I went back to the Samsung AKG eartips and yup, mids sound more forward but the low end is back again and same comes with treble. But I am actually really liking it. The new cable tamed the treble and low end allowing slightly more energetic eartips to be used. Awesome combo :D. Iron Maiden Fear of the dark sounds Sweeeet. Not the best mastered song, but sure does rock on :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #3,132 of 5,890
Jan 4, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #3,133 of 5,890
The next set of IEMs I get will be custom. I have big problems with fit of all universal IEMs I have tried... Even t800. I had to put tack on them as a mold to get a better fit.

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #3,134 of 5,890
The next set of IEMs I get will be custom. I have big problems with fit of all universal IEMs I have tried... Even t800. I had to put tack on them as a mold to get a better fit.

Have u considered custom eartips. They are pricier than regular tips, but I've seen some headfiers liking it as a cheaper option than CIEMs.

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #3,135 of 5,890
Have u considered custom eartips. They are pricier than regular tips, but I've seen some headfiers liking it as a cheaper option than CIEMs.
i haven't only because the cost. Didn't wanna spend 50% of the cost of the IEM to get it to fit proper. I have been really interested in like a 64 audio CIEM in the future. I have seen so many great reviews of the custom stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back