AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #2,552 of 5,890
Hey guys, what do you think about the LZ A6 compared to T800? it's gonna be fairly "cheap" at 11/11 so i'm asking.

This dude compared some of the hypetrain CHIFIs of different price ranges in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-2963#post-15278978

He has the LZ A6 and T800 at the top of his rankings. Really deserves a Nobel prize for his contributions to CHIFI and Headfi!

I've kept the LZ A6 in my AE wishlist for the longest time, but the lowest I've ever seen it go is $230ish USD, which is not as low as the upcoming 11/11 prices. I'm very happy with the T800, so no push factor for me to pump money for the LZ A6, though it has tuning filters as a plus.
Though this dude and a few folks I asked said the LZ A6 treble may be a bit sibilant and harsher than the T800. I already found the stock T800 at the very border between harshness and brightness for me, so that's a bit of a turn off for me.

There's headfiers that say the LZ A6 mini, (which is much cheaper, has no gain switch and a lesser drivers, and comes with lesser "non essential" filters), is somewhat similar to the LZ A6. U can possibly ask them in the CHIFI thread.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #2,554 of 5,890
Rockin the M11 at the moment and quite happy, also have it paired with the monolith thx portable amp, couldn't be happier, love it. Just hope nothing more dope comes along, wallet can't take it
M11pro

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #2,555 of 5,890
The "on sale" for that LZ A6 is a 3 dollar discount... LOL

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #2,556 of 5,890
Nov 2, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #2,558 of 5,890
This dude compared some of the hypetrain CHIFIs of different price ranges in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-2963#post-15278978

He has the LZ A6 and T800 at the top of his rankings. Really deserves a Nobel prize for his contributions to CHIFI and Headfi!

I've kept the LZ A6 in my AE wishlist for the longest time, but the lowest I've ever seen it go is $230ish USD, which is not as low as the upcoming 11/11 prices. I'm very happy with the T800, so no push factor for me to pump money for the LZ A6, though it has tuning filters as a plus.
Though this dude and a few folks I asked said the LZ A6 treble may be a bit sibilant and harsher than the T800. I already found the stock T800 at the very border between harshness and brightness for me, so that's a bit of a turn off for me.

There's headfiers that say the LZ A6 mini, (which is much cheaper, has no gain switch and a lesser drivers, and comes with lesser "non essential" filters), is somewhat similar to the LZ A6. U can possibly ask them in the CHIFI thread.
He recs a silver cable, I agree with him haha. But everyone differs, but for me the best cable I have tried so far is a SPC cable. But after long listening, the treble feels perfectly fine while all other iems feel slightly darker or just missing a bit of that treble energy. And I also do agree with him that the T800 have awesome mid detail. But yes, the SPC or silver cable does make the low end tighter and quicker and does take away the boom and make it more like a heavy kick and punch. Addictive :D. I finally know what iem the T800 remind me of. The campfire Audio Vega. But with slightly less low end and more mid detail and just a tad more treble. But the tuning is very similar especially the low end. Deep, punchy and rumbles like a beast when called for. Now I know why I love the T800 so much. I always wanted campfire Vegas but they were just so damn pricey. Then eventually I moved to other iems and completely forgot about them. But I got a chance to listen to some Vega again and yup. T800 is that just with a slightly smaller soundstage. But everything else is so similar but the T800 just having more detail. Also there are some similarities to the Campfire Atlas as well. So no, the T800 shouldnt be compared to the Andromedas. It should be compared to the Vegas and Atlas :D :D :D. It's a Basshead audiophile dream iem. Yes Yes Yes.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #2,559 of 5,890
Thanks for DAP recommendations, been looking at them all. I’m an ESS Sabre fan so I got a used DX200 w/amp 5.
My favorite iems and my favorite dac!

Nov 3, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #2,560 of 5,890
He recs a silver cable, I agree with him haha. But everyone differs, but for me the best cable I have tried so far is a SPC cable. But after long listening, the treble feels perfectly fine while all other iems feel slightly darker or just missing a bit of that treble energy. And I also do agree with him that the T800 have awesome mid detail. But yes, the SPC or silver cable does make the low end tighter and quicker and does take away the boom and make it more like a heavy kick and punch. Addictive :D. I finally know what iem the T800 remind me of. The campfire Audio Vega. But with slightly less low end and more mid detail and just a tad more treble. But the tuning is very similar especially the low end. Deep, punchy and rumbles like a beast when called for. Now I know why I love the T800 so much. I always wanted campfire Vegas but they were just so damn pricey. Then eventually I moved to other iems and completely forgot about them. But I got a chance to listen to some Vega again and yup. T800 is that just with a slightly smaller soundstage. But everything else is so similar but the T800 just having more detail. Also there are some similarities to the Campfire Atlas as well. So no, the T800 shouldnt be compared to the Andromedas. It should be compared to the Vegas and Atlas :D :D :D. It's a Basshead audiophile dream iem. Yes Yes Yes.

Hi HardStyle, wish i saw this thread earlier haha. Just got the C16 for the t800 and the bass kinda overwhelmed everything :frowning2: Now am considering between S16 (like you have reviewed) or the S8. In your opinion do you think the difference of 8 and 16 will give rise to huge differences? I dig the 16 cores but prolonged wearing may sometimes feel like a "gym session" haha... but most times I will be using it only in the comfort of my own room so thats fine. Despite that, I think their cables are pretty awesome at this price point haha.

Thanks heaps Hardstyle!

Nov 3, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #2,561 of 5,890
Anyone out there who loves their T800s as much as I do have heard anything else that comes close to it or better?

I'm considering expanding to one more IEM but I can't get anything that's of lower quality from the T800s, equal or above (if that's even a thing)

I ever auditioned some customs that contained an electrostat driver hybrid, and they had better details, clarity, imaging and instrument separation than the T800. But it costs north of $1.2K USD.
Some folks here said the T800 can hit 90% sound quality of the Campfire andromedas, though I haven't heard the latter to confirm.

My personal opinion is that one will need to pay hundreds more to get a marginal improvement over the T800, but it's really up to the individual whether they are ok with accepting 90% sound quality at $300 or they want to chase the last 10% sound at diminishing returns.

I just auditioned a QDC Anole VX (10 BA) today for about 30 min (retails ~ $2000 USD). My, it indeed lives up to its name as one of the current summitFI IEMs. Superbly detailed yet balanced, with no offending peaks, and with tuning switches to boot. I would subjectively say the T800 can hit about 70 - 80% of the details, soundstage, clarity and instrument separation of the QDC Anole VX. Its bass is much cleaner and faster than the T800 in the stock tuning, with the treble less harsh than the T800.

I was very impressed with it, but $2K is about 1.5 months' wages in my country, so definitely out of my league for the near future. But I'm pretty happy that the T800 can give a small taste of audiophile heaven for the price, am very contented with it so far.

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #2,562 of 5,890
Would a Shanling M0 or Shanling M2s be an adequate pairing for T800 ? I am doubting about the T800 as it seems to be quite picky on the source and these 2 DAPs seem to be under-powered for T800.

A mid-fi DAP like R5 or DX160 or Shanling M6 are in my plans but that is something for the future.

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #2,563 of 5,890
Would a Shanling M0 or Shanling M2s be an adequate pairing for T800 ? I am doubting about the T800 as it seems to be quite picky on the source and these 2 DAPs seem to be under-powered for T800.

A mid-fi DAP like R5 or DX160 or Shanling M6 are in my plans but that is something for the future.
I am pairing it with DX160 and it is very very very good. T800 is bright and DX160 is warmish and for some reasons the combi came out to be crazy good for me. I never tried it with the other 2 you mentioned but only with M11 and it is a bit too "cold and analytical" for me. I like analytical tone but M11 is just a tad too analytical.

Nov 3, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #2,564 of 5,890
It's not about power! Not with T800.
Don't believe anyone saying that they "need more power", these people are likely confused and don't understand what they are talking about.

What they really need is a low output impedance from your source, and they would also benefit from a good cable with a very low resistance.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #2,565 of 5,890
I am pairing it with DX160 and it is very very very good. T800 is bright and DX160 is warmish and for some reasons the combi came out to be crazy good for me. I never tried it with the other 2 you mentioned but only with M11 and it is a bit too "cold and analytical" for me. I like analytical tone but M11 is just a tad too analytical.

What would be a decent amp with warmer tone under $150?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back