AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #241 of 5,890
Doesn't the Shure 846 also have changeble dampers?
yes they have, they are different than the normal knowles dampers though
Shure_SE846_2-1.jpg

Jul 6, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #243 of 5,890
I'm just gonna chime in here.
The T800 is actually the oposite to the DM6.
The DM6 has it's peek between 6-8k and centered at 6.5k. https://crinacle.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/DM6.jpg
The T800 has it's dip centered at 6.5k.
So the problem some people have with the piercing treble with DM6 is not gonna be the same (requency wise) with T800.
With that said,T800 IS a bright sounding IEM and can of course be piercing to some,but it does not measure the same as DM6
My current pair of DM6 is actually one of the ones that does not have a big 8K peak problem, but you are right, the other pair I had and sold had more piercing treble. Though after the cable change I feel the treble on the T800 sounds smoother, so I would recommend not using the stock cable.

Jul 6, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #244 of 5,890
More intense than DM6? Did you mean more energy like more dynamic in a good way, or more tiring highs because DM6 are tiring on high areas. Detail retrieval on par with DM6?
tell us more in detailed comparison later with DM6, but i believed the mids more suitable for me as Dm6 too recessed for me
The former, more dynamics and more extensions on both ends as well.

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #245 of 5,890
How the tips that comes with them?
They good enough or should i buy different tips? If yes what you recomend me?
Regards,
Uri
There's nothing much to say about the ear tips. 3 sets of foam tips + 3 sets of silicone ear tips from S to L.
The silicone tips work pretty well for me.
The most spectacular thing about the accessory is the case imo. It's really big. You can bury a hamster in it.

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #246 of 5,890
just a beginner here....
bought this month the CCA-C10, Kz ZS10 pro, TFZ No.3 and the AUDIOSENSE T800(not arrived yet).
sound like a beginning of a new hobby :)
for now i hear all the music from my spotify and flac tracks from my ONEPLUS 6T with sonata hd.
should i buy a fiio m6 or something else to enjoy the IEM better?
regards,
Uri

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #247 of 5,890
just a beginner here....
bought this month the CCA-C10, Kz ZS10 pro, TFZ No.3 and the AUDIOSENSE T800(not arrived yet).
sound like a beginning of a new hobby :)
for now i hear all the music from my spotify and flac tracks from my ONEPLUS 6T with sonata hd.
should i buy a fiio m6 or something else to enjoy the IEM better?
regards,
Uri
Welcome Uri !
Hidizs has some funny namimg of devices sometimes. If you're talking about their "cable" type DAC/Amp, then yes you would probably get a little better sound with the Fiio M6. If you have not read the review in this link ( https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hidizs-sonata-hd-dac-cable-new-tiny-and-mighty-dac-amp.880478/ ), I recommend you read it. One thing he mentions that can improve the Sonats-HD's sound is to make sure that you "flash: it to "D" mode. That is the mode where only music from your player app will go to the Sonata HD. (Pure music mode) Any other phone sounds will stay on the phone's speaker. This mode provides best sound for the Sonata HD.
Maybe you alread use that mode?

Second, I do not have the Sonata HD, but have several other DAC/AMPs. I have found that some Audio/Music Player apps don't allow better than 16/44 files through to the external DAC/Amp. I use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP), to get cleanest sound to the DAC/AMP. It supports most FLAC bit rates, and bypasses Android limitations. Costs under $10 as a one time fee, but you can download a free version to test sound, but that free version limits yu to like 10 minutes of use each time you start it. If you only have CD quality files 16/44.1.. Then you may not hear much difference.

If you want better sound, There are a lot of DAP's to choose from, And there are a lot of better portable Dac/Amps with and without their own battery power.

Would like to hear what you think of the Audiosense T800 compared to the other three IEMS you have !

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #248 of 5,890
Welcome Uri !
Hidizs has some funny namimg of devices sometimes. If you're talking about their "cable" type DAC/Amp, then yes you would probably get a little better sound with the Fiio M6. If you have not read the review in this link ( https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hidizs-sonata-hd-dac-cable-new-tiny-and-mighty-dac-amp.880478/ ), I recommend you read it. One thing he mentions that can improve the Sonats-HD's sound is to make sure that you "flash: it to "D" mode. That is the mode where only music from your player app will go to the Sonata HD. (Pure music mode) Any other phone sounds will stay on the phone's speaker. This mode provides best sound for the Sonata HD.
Maybe you alread use that mode?

Second, I do not have the Sonata HD, but have several other DAC/AMPs. I have found that some Audio/Music Player apps don't allow better than 16/44 files through to the external DAC/Amp. I use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP), to get cleanest sound to the DAC/AMP. It supports most FLAC bit rates, and bypasses Android limitations. Costs under $10 as a one time fee, but you can download a free version to test sound, but that free version limits yu to like 10 minutes of use each time you start it. If you only have CD quality files 16/44.1.. Then you may not hear much difference.

If you want better sound, There are a lot of DAP's to choose from, And there are a lot of better portable Dac/Amps with and without their own battery power.

Would like to hear what you think of the Audiosense T800 compared to the other three IEMS you have !
Thanks a lot!
I will check the sonata issue.
I use the hiby music app for listening flac.
Will get the t800 this and give my unpro opinion.
The only reason i don't buy dac is that i don't want more pocket devices‍♂️.
But i'm sure it will change quicker than i think

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #249 of 5,890
Thanks a lot!
I will check the sonata issue.
I use the hiby music app for listening flac.
Will get the t800 this and give my unpro opinion.
The only reason i don't buy dac is that i don't want more pocket devices‍♂️.
But i'm sure it will change quicker than i think
Great ! Believe that the HiBy Player app also works well with HiRes Files!

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #251 of 5,890
Great review, which one to buy KXXS and T800.

Save a little money or spend a little more.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #255 of 5,890
what kind of sound do you like, T800 sound like Hi End earphone compared to already very good KP but with different sound signature

I have Ibasso IT01, I want an update for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back