AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #2,462 of 5,890
Yup I am liking this lil dac A LOT!!! And I know why. It really helps out the mids on the T800 and brings the male vocals slightly more forward while adding a bit of warmth to them. So mids are forward but not thin anymore

Oct 23, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #2,463 of 5,890
32mw just doesn't seem like enough power. I suppose if that is continuous and not peak power then that might be ok. 32mw peak tho I am not so sure. However if it's making you happy that's all that matters

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #2,464 of 5,890
So I'm just wondering. Has anyone swaped the stock grey filters to white? What changes or improvements have you noticed? I don't think I'd try any other filter as it might be to dark for me.

I am using white, because I found the upper mids to be a bit too prominent for my taste and going one colour up helped. I wouldn't say it reduces microdetail, even though some of the lower treble is reduced with stronger damper. Ofc ideal solution would be to have more than one sound tube (similar to say FH5) so you could tune just the treble/mids directly. But that would make the nozzle much thicker probably. If you don't find the upper mids in your face, don't bother with changing the damper and enjoy these stellar iems :)

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #2,465 of 5,890
I guess I'm not the only one having problem with it04 upper mids-lower treble making cymbals sound dry and thin. Thin copper cable helps(by rolling top end off) but not enough. This tuning of the treble is a pro-monitor kind similar to my ier-M9. I find it to be not forgiving and sounding pretty good actually only on my desktop setup with lossless, but Spotify was too fatiguing and OCD with cymbals bothered me.
I also agree, it04 has more forward mids. They sound intense creating 1st row presentation while maintaining impressive depth of stage with enough air to sound very open on ambient recordings. it04 bass has emphasis on sub bass with mid bass slightly recessed - so less likely to overshadow low mids (some folks call it bass bleed :face_palm:).
Treble on it04 is less smooth. I guess, there is no way around 2x driver count on T800. Sound stage on T800 helped by more even mid bass trough low mids - is more resonant with more room feel removed a little away from the stage. Reminds me Fearless Roland presentation (which happens to be my personal preference.)
T800 also smaller and fits better. That custom-universal shape is more refined. It does isolate better (even though it's vented because of new vented bass BAs).
I like both as presentation benefits different types of music.

Depends on what cable are you using? What would you like more/less/change. it04 very sensitive to cable properties.
You have both T800 and IT04 :D So what's your opinion about both of them, I already have IT04, is T800 consider an upgrade or not? Also what your favorite cable material for IT04, full copper, hybrid or pure silver. Much appreciated.

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #2,466 of 5,890
32mw just doesn't seem like enough power. I suppose if that is continuous and not peak power then that might be ok. 32mw peak tho I am not so sure. However if it's making you happy that's all that matters
I am listening strictly below 35% volume as it gets way to loud. I have also tried songs with intense low end and I hear no clipping or distortion at all. It is driving them perfectly :). Apprently it has some tech that adapts to the iem impedance. It says it on Penons website.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #2,467 of 5,890

What’s the native power output of the smart phone (such as the Galaxy the OP is using with the xduoo adapter)? My guess is it’s even lower than 32mW. So looking at it that way, the xduoo is probably a step up in power.

Oct 23, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #2,468 of 5,890
What’s the native power output of the smart phone (such as the Galaxy the OP is using with the xduoo adapter)? My guess is it’s even lower than 32mW. So looking at it that way, the xduoo is probably a step up in power.
The v30 is like 15 - 20mw continuous... Not sure of other phones.. The first version Hidizs dongle is only like 11mw if I remember right.

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #2,469 of 5,890
The v30 is like 15 - 20mw continuous... Not sure of other phones.. The first version Hidizs dongle is only like 11mw if I remember right.
I wouldn't say it's to low. You got to look at it like this. 32 MW for 32ohm is a bit low. But for 9.2ohm? Not so. It's not about how many MW even though it does play a part. But it's more of how cleanly the amp is delivering the power to the iem which in the Xduoo link I think is doing great. You can tell it is giving good power by simply hearing if there is any hiss. The Xduoo Link is pitch black. Now this also affects the sound quality as it interferes with tonality and detail retrieval. Compared to the Ibasso DC02, spec wise it should be better than the Xduoo Link, but in real life I hear more hiss. This overall affects how much detail I can hear which in the case of the Xduoo, I hear more. You need clean out put power or it won't sound as good as it should. So I am expecting that the Xduoo Link has very low output impedance

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #2,470 of 5,890

Isn't the V30 pretty powerful compared to most phones? @HardstyleLoco96 mentioned he had a Samsung S9. I heard Galaxies are notoriously poor in that regard, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I imagine the dongles have to walk a fine line between max power output and max battery drain. No one would want a dongle that was 200mW, but drained the host phone's battery in an hour.

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #2,471 of 5,890
Isn't the V30 pretty powerful compared to most phones? @HardstyleLoco96 mentioned he had a Samsung S9. I heard Galaxies are notoriously poor in that regard, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I imagine the dongles have to walk a fine line between max power output and max battery drain. No one would want a dongle that was 200mW, but drained the host phone's battery in an hour.
From my S9 it drives them fine, it's just the dac isnt the greatest. But you wouldn't want a dongle that drains the phone battery like crazy. And you wouldn't use a dongle for hard to drive headphones. Dongles are made for on the go and iems. Some easy to drive headphones you might get away with. But iems is the main focus. The T800 arent hard to drive. They are picky to drive as they need clean power.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #2,472 of 5,890
This lil dac/amp is actually extremely good. The low end is very punchy and digs deep but it's very controlled. But what impresses me most is the amount of detail it extracts for such a small thing. Value to performance is high with this one.

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #2,473 of 5,890
Had the T800's for about a month and very impressed with the SQ overall but still find the treble slightly too hot and fatiguing for long sessions. Discovered a cheap fix using the nozzle mesh from a couple of MH755 housings that I had lying around from failed mod attempts. They fit snug and no risk of falling in since the nozzle opening narrows about 1mm from the top - also quite easy to extract if it doesn't work for you. Paired with Spinfit CP100's, they still maintain sparkle and extension but a lot less harsh, at least to my ears.

PhQuzgd8RDr7VpqLjg8iN9xo2m3UrSQbuImI98bD5L3w3BPasFUD7DRBLUkDrJfxucx_P1mANDbuTtCtIRUlJ53dRlqSVe0nw7H1lNRABAzVAXyKHqKz2uU4ZaterF1gYAJwMrybk6U=w2400

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,474 of 5,890
Had the T800's for about a month and very impressed with the SQ overall but still find the treble slightly too hot and fatiguing for long sessions. Discovered a cheap fix using the nozzle mesh from a couple of MH755 housings that I had lying around from failed mod attempts. They fit snug and no risk of falling in since the nozzle opening narrows about 1mm from the top - also quite easy to extract if it doesn't work for you. Paired with Spinfit CP100's, they still maintain sparkle and extension but a lot less harsh, at least to my ears.

PhQuzgd8RDr7VpqLjg8iN9xo2m3UrSQbuImI98bD5L3w3BPasFUD7DRBLUkDrJfxucx_P1mANDbuTtCtIRUlJ53dRlqSVe0nw7H1lNRABAzVAXyKHqKz2uU4ZaterF1gYAJwMrybk6U=w2400

I tried spinfit CP 100 with the T800 but I find it makes the treble brighter, so I find it is not a good pairing with the T800. YMMV.
U can try knowles filters or maybe foam tips too to tame the treble.

I know not everyone is a believer in cables changing the sound signature, but the T800 is an IEM that is super sensitive to source, tips, and even depth of ear insertion. I find copper cables tame the treble, while silver cables make it brighter. It's one of the IEMs that I find cables consistently make a subtle difference in sound - is it placebo or due to actual impedance in the cables causing the difference in a very sensitive IEM, not sure, but it works for myself and some other headfiers.

Oct 25, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #2,475 of 5,890
I tried spinfit CP 100 with the T800 but I find it makes the treble brighter, so I find it is not a good pairing with the T800. YMMV.
U can try knowles filters or maybe foam tips too to tame the treble.

I know not everyone is a believer in cables changing the sound signature, but the T800 is an IEM that is super sensitive to source, tips, and even depth of ear insertion. I find copper cables tame the treble, while silver cables make it brighter. It's one of the IEMs that I find cables consistently make a subtle difference in sound - is it placebo or due to actual impedance in the cables causing the difference in a very sensitive IEM, not sure, but it works for myself and some other headfiers.

Yeah, I've tried a variety of foamies, no brand, Symbio hybrids, Comply's (TSX500, TS500, T500) and either didn't like what they did with the soundstage/imaging or bass. Haven't tried the copper cable yet but for now, this particular combo seems to work well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back