Audioquest UltraConnect vs. Caig?
Feb 21, 2002 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Hey, I saw a bottle of stuff I've never seen before -- Audioquest UltraConnect 2 contact cleaner. It was 2ce as expensive as the Caig stuff -- worth it? I can pick it up locally, that's why I ask.

Also, while I'm on the subject, what's the difference between ProGold and DeOxIt? Do they do the same thing, or do they complement each other. I kind of get the impression you use DeOxIt first to clean, and then ProGold afterwards to treat, yes? No?

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Hey, I saw a bottle of stuff I've never seen before -- Audioquest UltraConnect 2 contact cleaner. It was 2ce as expensive as the Caig stuff -- worth it? I can pick it up locally, that's why I ask.

Also, while I'm on the subject, what's the difference between ProGold and DeOxIt? Do they do the same thing, or do they complement each other. I kind of get the impression you use DeOxIt first to clean, and then ProGold afterwards to treat, yes? No?

Don't know about the audioquest. But I use the DeOxIt to remove oxidation and then follow it with a ProGold treatment. Miss Cleo would be proud
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 7
Deoxit is an oxidization remover while progold is a conditioner... progold does have a little deoxit in it. They are complements.

If you ask me, I think isopropanol works better than deoxit, then I follow it up by a progold.

Feb 21, 2002 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 7
ProGold on just about every electrical connection that isn't soldered down. I don't worry about DeOxit on new equipment, as the ProGold provides enough deposit removal to be sufficient for anything right out of the box. Places where deposits have had time to build get the full DeOxit/ProGold treatment.

Feb 21, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 7
And I never even got to finish off my bottles of Cramolin! Will the upgrades never stop?
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 7
DA, no, not confusing, I appreciate the additional choices.
More choices == democracy and capitalism
Democracy and capitalism == good!

However, again, would you use it to replace ProGold, DeOxIt, or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back