AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 28, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #4,711 of 10,196
I'm Negan is a walking dead thing where Negan's followers claim to represent him - which is to represent oppression, bullying, murder and and taking anything and everything you want (when you want). 

maybe put it in spoiler tags...

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4,713 of 10,196
Ok, sorry for the spoiler - I fixed it. 

You guys behind on TWD should be ashamed of yourselves 
atsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #4,714 of 10,196
  Ok, sorry for the spoiler - I fixed it. 

You guys behind on TWD should be ashamed of yourselves 
atsmile.gif

On the other side of the world. So I wait for a blu-ray release as I refuse to watch on TV. So some of us are only at the end of season 6.
wink_face.gif

Just got GOT S6. I've been trying to block out Jon Snow news for over a year.
L3000.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #4,715 of 10,196

On the other side of the world. So I wait for a blu-ray release as I refuse to watch on TV. So some of us are only at the end of season 6.
wink_face.gif

Just got GOT S6. I've been trying to block out Jon Snow news for over a year.
L3000.gif

Luckily GOT has calmed down so spoilers shouldn't be too bad. Pumped for season 7!!! 

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #4,716 of 10,196
Been just been tag teaming the HD650 and NH. 

Got me thinking that these two fused would be the greatest headphone ever made for my taste.

HD650's resolution, micro detail and more cohesive mids to treble with the 650's magical mid range along with the NH's super low bass distortion, bass detail; texture and rumble would be soooooo incredible!

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #4,717 of 10,196

Got me thinking that these two fused would be the greatest headphone ever made for my taste.

HD650's resolution, micro detail and more cohesive mids to treble with the 650's magical mid range along with the NH's super low bass distortion, bass detail; texture and rumble would be soooooo incredible!

Curious, what's your source gear?

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #4,718 of 10,196

Hmm, I find the Nighthawk is right up there is resolution with the 650.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #4,721 of 10,196

Try listening to Agnes Obel's new album "Citizen of Glass" with both 'phones.

Like you, I switch between the 'Hawks and the HD-650, daily. But the vocals on that album are destroyed by the NightHawk's treatment of the mid-range, where as the HD-650s seem like they were designed to replicate her voice (if you are a fan).

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #4,722 of 10,196

Like you, I switch between the 'Hawks and the HD-650, daily. But the vocals on that album are destroyed by the NightHawk's treatment of the mid-range, where as the HD-650s seem like they were designed to replicate her voice (if you are a fan).
I'm a big fan of female vocals so will give it a listen. I get what you mean sometime when I've had my 650's on for a long period of time then return to the Nighthawks female vocals can sound pretty drowned out. My ears usually adjust after a few songs but there's for sure an upper mid dip that also get's highlighted by the mid bass hump. I think the upper mids are very hard to get right on headphones and the 650's does it perfectly.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #4,723 of 10,196

I felt the same way about the NH when listening to Jennifer Warnes until I put on the BW angled velours. I felt like she stepped out from behind the bass player. I suspect the the extra thickness of the BW pads was also responsible for this change. Between reducing the mid-bass hump & opening up the soundstage a bit, the thicker angled velours are great. I now want to try pads that are the size of the BW, but made from pleather or something other than velour.

kev

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #4,724 of 10,196
Ok..... :S lol

There's some weird people on this site makes me wonder why I joined...

Well, what did you expect when you come in here passing judgement on good members when you JUST joined today. Making grandiose statements and we have NO IDEA who you are but you expect us all to just take you at your word.

I don't care for Mr speakers either, or planars in general for that matter, but Matt is not some inexperienced casual hobbyist.

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #4,725 of 10,196
I use Many devices but today I used the Schiit Gumby and Black widow from Eddie Current then used a Schiit Jot.

Thanks. Helps paint a picture of your perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back