AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 30, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #3,946 of 10,196
  Curious as to "best amp pairing" with the NH. The Jot seems to be really good. Just wondered what others are finding. 

From first connection, I've found myself wanting for nothing with the NHs off the Grace Design / Massdrop m9XX. Like PB&J to my ears. I'd love to plug my NHs into various upstream gear just to see if I'm simply lying to myself about hitting the pairing jackpot or not. At this point, I almost can't get myself to believe that these can sound more enjoyable paired with anything else (to the great benefit of my sanity & wallet)...but maybe it's really one of those "you never know till you try things." Or, more likely, the NHs are simply not so picky. My plan is to patiently wait for another meet in which I will then proceed to go wild experimenting on ALL the upstream gear in sight.

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #3,947 of 10,196
Thanks guys. It seems that the NH is pretty amp agnostic, for the most part. Neutral amps seems to work pretty well. I've heard a few chime in that they loved this headphone with tube amps, which I honestly haven't gotten around to trying. The results with the Jot have been so good that I haven't felt the need. 

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #3,949 of 10,196
   It seems that the NH is pretty amp agnostic, for the most part.  

Lol, well said. I've been loving the NH with my fairly modest but fine Woo WA6, and have had a similar reaction: "These sound so good together, so complete, I can hardly imagine the need for more..." Yeah, the NH plays well with friends you might say. Very gracious.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,952 of 10,196
  Lol, well said. I've been loving the NH with my fairly modest but fine Woo WA6, and have had a similar reaction: "These sound so good together, so complete, I can hardly imagine the need for more..." Yeah, the NH plays well with friends you might say. Very gracious.

Yeah! My NightHawks and Woo (WA22) combo also sound complete. I can't fault the sound. Prefer tube sound over Solid State.

I can listen to the Hawks/Woo combo all day. I have done a 13 hour session once before.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #3,953 of 10,196
Absolutely love my Red with my Vali 2.  Sold my NightHawks last year.  Very much looking forward to buying them back and/or the Carbons.  Hopefully Skylar has some great news tomorrow regarding Discounts and/or Packages with the Woods.  If not, I will buy the Carbons as an early Christmas Gift if they are available.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #3,954 of 10,196
  Absolutely love my Red with my Vali 2.  Sold my NightHawks last year.  Very much looking forward to buying them back and/or the Carbons.  Hopefully Skylar has some great news tomorrow regarding Discounts and/or Packages with the Woods.  If not, I will buy the Carbons as an early Christmas Gift if they are available.

You will probably want to buy another pair tomorrow 
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3,957 of 10,196
I want it ALL!!! 

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back