AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 9, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #3,197 of 10,196
I felt the same with my LCD 2.2s. Perhaps the amps we are using have something to do with the different experiences

Amps could be. However I've pushed amps to their best on my LCD-3's. I have the Woo WA22 tube amp. Which would be right up there as the best for the LCD-3 and tubes. I've also listened to my LCD-3 on a Violectric V281. Which I consider the best Solid State amp I have heard.

And I would prefer the Hawks still.

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #3,198 of 10,196
Amps could be. However I've pushed amps to their best on my LCD-3's. I have the Woo WA22 tube amp. Which would be right up there as the best for the LCD-3 and tubes. I've also listened to my LCD-3 on a Violectric V281. Which I consider the best Solid State amp I have heard.

And I would prefer the Hawks still.

Maybe the Hawks are just better!? (Kidding. It's still all personal preference)

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #3,199 of 10,196
Maybe the Hawks are just better!? (Kidding. It's still all personal preference)

To my ear and preference they are better than my LCD-3 and LCD-X.

However a mate took a listen and he preferred the LCD-X to the Hawks (and LCD-3). Different stokes for different fokes.
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #3,200 of 10,196
I'm thinking of doing a big pad comparison for the NightHawk soon. I'm thinking of grabbing the regular and angled sheepskin pads for the HM5. I'd like to try Velours and Audeze Microsuede as well (a bit pricey though). I wish I still had my Omni so I could give those pads a whirl. If anyone wants to donate any pads to the cause let me know 
biggrin.gif
  (no holes will be punched!)

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #3,201 of 10,196
  I'm thinking of doing a big pad comparison for the NightHawk soon. I'm thinking of grabbing the regular and angled sheepskin pads for the HM5. I'd like to try Velours and Audeze Microsuede as well (a bit pricey though). I wish I still had my Omni so I could give those pads a whirl. If anyone wants to donate any pads to the cause let me know 
biggrin.gif
  (no holes will be punched!)

Am I mistaken , or was there talk of Audioquest releasing an alternate pad for the NHs?

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,202 of 10,196

Am I mistaken , or was there talk of Audioquest releasing an alternate pad for the NHs?

I know talk of alternate pads for the NH has been discussed on this thread abundantly, but wondering which pad gives similar  comfort to the stock NH pad but is 'cooler' on the ears. Love the stock pads for comfort but in , perhaps , a halfhour's time my ears get quite warm and sweaty. 

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #3,204 of 10,196
Aug 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #3,206 of 10,196
I did a search on this thread( like my lazy butt should have done to begin with) and found my answer. Looking forward to the Microsuede version. Sounds like it will help with the 'heat' issue .

from Sklyar Gray back in May '16

"So by the fall, we will have our microsuede and boost pads available. We'll send out an email to our warranty registrants and mailing list subscribers when the time comes. And I can announce here as well if that is helpful and acceptable."

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,207 of 10,196
  I did a search on this thread( like my lazy butt should have done to begin with) and found my answer. Looking forward to the Microsuede version. Sounds like it will help with the 'heat' issue .

from Sklyar Gray back in May '16

"So by the fall, we will have our microsuede and boost pads available. We'll send out an email to our warranty registrants and mailing list subscribers when the time comes. And I can announce here as well if that is helpful and acceptable."

I understood that right away... just trying to have some fun
wink_face.gif

Btw, (qeustion in general to everyone)
For on my 2nd PC i would like a cheap solution to hook up my HD650 and Nighthawk.
I was thinking Dragonfly Black or Fiio E10K... Witch is best ?

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #3,208 of 10,196

I understood that right away... just trying to have some fun
wink_face.gif

Btw, (qeustion in general to everyone)
For on my 2nd PC i would like a cheap solution to hook up my HD650 and Nighthawk.
I was thinking Dragonfly Black or Fiio E10K... Witch is best ?

Oh I totally knew you were . sarcasm is my primary language!! cheers!
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #3,209 of 10,196

I know talk of alternate pads for the NH has been discussed on this thread abundantly, but wondering which pad gives similar  comfort to the stock NH pad but is 'cooler' on the ears. Love the stock pads for comfort but in , perhaps , a halfhour's time my ears get quite warm and sweaty. 

I am living in South Vietnam and I can tell you I can't last 30 minutes before I have to wipe sweat from my face from listening to music here. These things are HOT!!! The Hawk and the HEX is the hottest.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,210 of 10,196

I am living in South Vietnam and I can tell you I can't last 30 minutes before I have to wipe sweat from my face from listening to music here. These things are HOT!!! The Hawk and the HEX is the hottest.

I live in Wisconsin and they are STILL hot!!! lol... The Microsuede pads should help greatly. I was chatting with a fella from AQ. He said expect the Microsuede and Boost pads to become available in 60 to 90 days soo.... sometime this Fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back