Audiophiles terms that irk your liver?
Jan 18, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #47 of 69
The funny thing is that back in 1993 or something, when I lived in LA, I ran into Fabio -- literally -- in an upper-mid-fi AV store in Santa Monica. They carried lots of nice home theatre and video equipment, along with audio stuff like NHT. I remember thinking "what an odd place to see this guy." Then a few months later I read that he's really into hi-end audio, and thought "ah, OK"
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2002 at 4:05 AM Post #48 of 69
Fabio iss an audiophile? Dat is vunnerful!

I used to see Fabio cruising around LA in his humvee. I wonder what car audio system you'd install in a Humvee if you're an audiophile? Of course, this is all negated if Fabio drives around or sits at home listening to the CD he made. That sounded like Barry White meets Arnold Schwartznegger reciting "King Lear".

Jan 18, 2002 at 5:23 AM Post #49 of 69
Fabio has a CD!?!? Wow, I bet that is hilarious. Like John Tesh with an indeterminite continental accent. Recipe for Fabio: add one John Tesh with Claudia Schiffer (the unholy union of a beefy man and the long blonde hair and accent of a model). Add humvee, romance novel, wife-beater and butter substitute, shake well.

Jan 18, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #50 of 69
This is one of the funniest threads i've read.

Question for the masses: If you we're given the choice to live a life as a working man/audio nut who can't afford everything or come back as fabio (filthy rich model and sales pitcher), which one would you choose? Personally....

...Ladies...Fabio! "I can't believe it's not butter"

It would some practice to get the accent down, but i could get the hang of it!

What the heck does "wooly" mean anyway?

George
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 18, 2002 at 10:59 AM Post #52 of 69
Call me a miser, but the audiophile term that bugs me most is "affordable."

Jan 18, 2002 at 1:19 PM Post #53 of 69
Highly entertaining thread. Wine Tasting, Food Reviews, and describing sound hard to covey whats meant without a shared understanding of terms.

It tastes (sounds) like Chicken?

Jan 18, 2002 at 1:59 PM Post #54 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Question ...: If you we're given the choice to live a life as a working man/audio nut ... or come back as fabio ... which one would you choose?

Oh, no doubt, Fabio. Actually, I'm almost there. Except without the looks and the wealth.

Jan 18, 2002 at 2:38 PM Post #55 of 69
You know, after seeing this thread pop up dozens of times now (as each person contributes something), I've decided that another phrase that really bugs me is:

"irk your liver"

tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by huy_ha
Call me a miser, but the audiophile term that bugs me most is "affordable."

Nevertheless, that's easily defined in audiophile terminology: It costs less than the MSRP of your car.

Jan 18, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #58 of 69
I'd rather be the poor audio lover. Fabio is dumb.
biggrin.gif
Brains over wealth any day.

What's wrong with "affordable"? You don't have to have expensive equipment to be an audiophile.

Jan 18, 2002 at 8:56 PM Post #59 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri
You know, after seeing this thread pop up dozens of times now (as each person contributes something), I've decided that another phrase that really bugs me is:

"irk your liver"

I concur! Why "liver"? I can't even imagine what liver-irking is, much less what it should feel like... Quote:

Originally posted by Tomcat
Dusty,
I would buy your calendar!

Thanks for that, but I sure hope you're basing that on my current avatar...

I should also mention, aside from the physique, wealth, and chicks drooling over my picture on a daily basis, that I am also missing a certain embarassing rollercoaster ride...(he got hit in the face with a bird)...

I was just thinking after that whole TL/chick/avatar thread, when everyone changed their avatars to beautiful women, that I was going to change my .sig to "I want to have sex with your avatar", but then Audio&Me changed his to a dog...

Jan 18, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #60 of 69
Dusty - lofl!!!!!
I got the feeling people only read my posts to look at the avatar. Besides, I don't like Jessica Alba being viewed as one of aphrodite's nymphs (sex object). I like this new one, it's of MY dog, which is hell of a lot more personal than "ideal wife".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back