Audiophile Rubber Band
Dec 11, 2009 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
I FOUND it
bigsmile_face.gif

IMG_0534.jpg

I'am after the really nice looking -Audiophile rubber band, any ideas as to who sells them, also a nice carry bag for my headphones, amp and player.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 104
I think the OP means the thick rubber bands that keep amp and iPod together, that (for instance) iQube supplies with their amp, and so does Whiplash Audio.

Contact Craig at Whiplash. He is SACD-Man here.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the OP means the thick rubber bands that keep amp and iPod together, that (for instance) iQube supplies with their amp, and so does Whiplash Audio.

Contact Craig at Whiplash. He is SACD-Man here.

Thanks mate, and no its not a joke
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #8 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought he was talking about this:

hands-free.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOo I wasn't

I got hold of SACD MAN, he's sucha rip off, first he says the bands are $3.00 each and then he tells me pay$18.00 for two, the guy is trying to make money out of anything and everything.
Sorry to Say but am really disappointed with him, I asked him in Goodwill,genuinely liking the idea of Audiophile Bands-and then what he does is try and make as much money as possiblr out of the rubber bands.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #9 of 104
Won't regular dollar store rubber bands work just as well as "audiophile-grade" rubber bands? Or velco strips? Or duct tape?

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 104
Go to target and find their hats with tshirt bundles in the mens section most of them have thick rubber bands, buy the one you want and now you have a band for your rig a new hat and tshirt for about $10.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOOo I wasn't

I got hold of SACD MAN, he's sucha rip off, first he says the bands are $3.00 each and then he tells me pay$18.00 for two, the guy is trying to make money out of anything and everything.
Sorry to Say but am really disappointed with him, I asked him in Goodwill,genuinely liking the idea of Audiophile Bands-and then what he does is try and make as much money as possiblr out of the rubber bands.

Well, given that both numbers are his ($3.00 and, evidently, $9.00), if he's trying to rip you off, he's not very good at it. I'd suggest that the numbers are both correct, but for different problems.

Maybe $3.00 is the price he pays for them wholesale? You know, they're $3.00 on the same level that an HD800 is ~$700? Paying for two bands and paying for two thousand bands are probably going to end up with different prices.

Also, did he include shipping in the $18? Maybe he's including his standard shipping rates, which could also raise prices.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #12 of 104
I say ask Craig outright what the story is. He supports Head-Fi, contributed money to the first NJ meet, took a room at CanJam in LA ... does not have a bad rep at all. So -- try to straighten this out.

One Wrap velcro works OK, not as good as the rubber bands. I use both. I give out One Wrap at the NJ and NY meets, PM me if you can't find it locally. Has to say "One Wrap".

Another poster suggested the big thick rubber bands supermarkets use for bundles of stalk vegetables.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #13 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say ask Craig outright what the story is. He supports Head-Fi, contributed money to the first NJ meet, took a room at CanJam in LA ... does not have a bad rep at all. So -- try to straighten this out.

One Wrap velcro works OK, not as good as the rubber bands. I use both. I give out One Wrap at the NJ and NY meets, PM me if you can't find it locally. Has to say "One Wrap".

Another poster suggested the big thick rubber bands supermarkets use for bundles of stalk vegetables.

I have to say people Craig was too occupied while replying to my e-mails and he did quote standard shipping,later on he realised his mistake and is now shipping the Band witheout any cost,I'am sorry Craig but I think all this was resulted by sheer misunderstanding.
Thanks wavoman for offering the One Wrap velcro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back