Audiophile quality hip-hop....
Apr 18, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nas, immortal technique, eminem, prolyphic & reanimator (its one person...i think)

Prolyphic is the rapper/lyricist, Reanimator is the beat-maker/producer. It's a collaboration.

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #18 of 56
Flobots is another one, while not necessarily mastered perfectly, it uses real instruments.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #19 of 56
All Blue Sky Black Death albums and collaborations (The Holocaust, Razah's Ladder, Heap of Broken Images, Slow Burning Lights, etc).
Pretty much anything off Stones Throw has great production and quality.
Metaform's Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is an amazing sounding album with great musicianship. (Don't look into his new stuff, it's awful).
J Dilla's Donuts sounds great.
Wu-Tang solo albums have good production.
Black Milk's Tronic.

That's all I can think of off the bat.

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #22 of 56
51tdb32bpkdlss500iq6.jpg

killer SS! production is perfect.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #23 of 56
I think 2001 by Dr. Dre is the best produced and best sounding hip-hop album I've heard. Also, Moment of Truth by Gang Starr, Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg, Mecca & The Soul Brother by Pete Rock & CL Smooth, The Blueprint by Jay-Z, Madvillainy by Madvillain....I could go on and on.

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #25 of 56
First throw some of your preconceived notions about Nas out the window; now, go pick up Illmatic. The production is sick. I listen to a bit (a lot) of rap, and it is my favorite both in terms of production and the actual rapping itself.

Also check out The Fugees - The Score. I've always thought it sounded really nice; I actually like to use Killing Me Softly to listen to new equipment. 

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #26 of 56

Quote:
First throw some of your preconceived notions about Nas out the window

Just curious as to what (negative) preconceived notions people would have about Nas?

The Score is a nice sounding album. Content is even better. Wyclef for President? haha

Pete Rock, J Dilla (SV by association), 9th Wonder, Premo, etc. all take good care/precautions of their records so you should be happy there. The craft is well respected when it comes to anything they have a part in, consumerism out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back